Le Quack

Recruiting Members

Posted  Edited by Le Quack

Hello Everyone,

Aside from myself and the many other people that often have a bind or type out “To apply for member, type !member into chat.”  Something that I find myself often not doing is telling people to make sure to keep an eye on their application.  Being a member acceptor for the little time I have been, I’ve found that people who could have been made member are being denied simply because of not replying back to a member acceptor asking them questions regarding bans etc.  

So that being said, if you are promoting applying for member in chats of whatever server you’re apart of (GFL), be sure to include the fact that they should be checking their application within hours after posting.  Thank you all for reading!

EDIT:  If a higher up finds this post helpful, I would ask that maybe it be pinned in with the member applications area so that applying people are aware of this.  

Edited by Le Quack

1869790287_thorgiphy.gif.a5585d3368c586a7d7f25bad5ff4bc7a.gif

Current: TTT Admin

Public Relations

The 3 days thing was a rule established in the early 2014 when we had the ACP instead. Basically it was manually setting up their ranks.

We had to input their email address found on the ACP member/user section.

Then we had to input their forum name

Then the date they were added

Then what role they'll be receiving

Then on ACP, if they're a donator, make member as secondary same with if they're an admin

The 3 days thing was for that old system. Later on it got added into the new system. It stayed as a rule for a long time mostly because some servers actually do have members benefits while others may not. And having the three day thing is to help others understand if they follow the rules especially if they have a past ban. If they have a current ban, obviously they'll get autodenied. It's to make sure why they were banned, whether they'll acknowledge that they'll never break rules, and be able to enjoy with ease. These are mostly directed if they want to apply for admin

Also not responding within 3 days or not get membership because of the 3day won't affect at all. It is up to the user decision to be a member or not. It is also up to them to be active on forums/discord. Even if they're active on servers, doesn't mean they want to become a member. It's up to their choice. Most of the time, or used to the old MA team would message each user that apply and inform them of the details of their app. It is their decision if they want to respond or not.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

5 minutes ago, Bae said:

The 3 days thing was a rule established in the early 2014 when we had the ACP instead. Basically it was manually setting up their ranks.

We had to input their email address found on the ACP member/user section.

Then we had to input their forum name

Then the date they were added

Then what role they'll be receiving

Then on ACP, if they're a donator, make member as secondary same with if they're an admin

The 3 days thing was for that old system. Later on it got added into the new system. It stayed as a rule for a long time mostly because some servers actually do have members benefits while others may not. And having the three day thing is to help others understand if they follow the rules especially if they have a past ban. If they have a current ban, obviously they'll get autodenied. It's to make sure why they were banned, whether they'll acknowledge that they'll never break rules, and be able to enjoy with ease. These are mostly directed if they want to apply for admin

Also not responding within 3 days or not get membership because of the 3day won't affect at all. It is up to the user decision to be a member or not. It is also up to them to be active on forums/discord. Even if they're active on servers, doesn't mean they want to become a member. It's up to their choice. Most of the time, or used to the old MA team would message each user that apply and inform them of the details of their app. It is their decision if they want to respond or not.

The only reason that I made this was so that they were aware.  Most of the members that apply probably don't think about keeping an eye on it or responding.  This was just an effort to help things out is all.

Public Relations

With the recent update from @Roy and @Dreae, I think this would help out even more considering the boost in population we will (hopefully) be receiving.  Tagging @WigglesWorth to see what he thinks. 

Public Relations

Posted  Edited by CrusherFTW
22 hours ago, Bae said:

It wont happen if they are donator cause they still need to apply for member no matter what otherwise when their donation runs out they will be members without going through the process which will make other player to donate for a couple of days and then they get member

From my own POV

Edited by CrusherFTW

Have Questions? Message me on here, steam, or discord!

Posted  Edited by Bae
51 minutes ago, CrusherFTW said:

It wont happen if they are donator cause they still need to apply for member no matter what otherwise when their donation runs out they will be members without going through the process which will make other player to donate for a couple of days and then they get member

From my own POV

Either you didn't read a single thing on my post or you only read partial of it. The ACP to set people's rank was a very old system of MA members. We don't use that anymore, as I stated in the previous messages. 

Also none of my comments mentioned anything about people donating, it was all directed to the three days policy and why it was invented, as well as how it was used.

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Alright so i went back and read it all again, and can say this pretty simply. 

If someone wants to be member, they'll check on it regardless. Only the ones who just want the perks and dont care about the community won't check from my experience. 

Another thing is if they have no bans, the bot will accept them within 10 mins so it'd probably be a little redundant to tell everyone, "yo check on this bad boy everyday"

However you can still tell people to check on it to turn it into a good habit. Hell the bind for !member on ttt started as one person until everyone saw admins do it and decided they should too. Bandwagon is a hell of a propaganda tactic. 

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

9 minutes ago, WigglesWorth said:

Alright so i went back and read it all again, and can say this pretty simply. 

If someone wants to be member, they'll check on it regardless. Only the ones who just want the perks and dont care about the community won't check from my experience. 

Another thing is if they have no bans, the bot will accept them within 10 mins so it'd probably be a little redundant to tell everyone, "yo check on this bad boy everyday"

However you can still tell people to check on it to turn it into a good habit. Hell the bind for !member on ttt started as one person until everyone saw admins do it and decided they should too. Bandwagon is a hell of a propaganda tactic. 

Thank you for your response wiggles, what you just said was pretty but what Bae said summed up, I just had the idea and thought it might help out:) thank you for reading

Public Relations

• 2 weeks later...