Ghost_Assassin

New Zealand mass shooting at mosques

I just want to chime in and say that no one should be asking for the video.

You'll gain literally nothing from watching it other than seeing innocent people die. I get that there's a morbid fascination with it, but it's just not worth it.

The guy obviously wanted people to see his attack and get it spread around otherwise he wouldn't have bothered with the livestream. The video should be rejected since he wanted people to see his attack. He wanted it to get in the hands of individuals who are sympathetic to his cause, and to let others see what he did. We gain nothing from viewing it, and he gains exactly what he wants from the video being shared.

It's out there if you really want to see it, but know that you are in a way supporting him since he's very much alive and is going to know that people are viewing his attack. It's better to just condemn it and let it die in the far corners of the internet. Don't give him what he wanted. I've seen it popping up a lot around the web where people are asking for the video. We can do our part and not contribute to it.

Thanks. 

"Be good people"

Also, fuck that guy. His whole belief was that Muslims were taking over the western world and "invading". He wasn't even fucking from New Zealand, so he himself was literally a hostile invader killing innocent people who were simply going to their place of worship.

It's also frustrating seeing people on various places around the web either downplaying his actions because of the actions of Islamists (the extremists) in other parts of the world. At least 49 people are dead, and hundreds will have their life disrupted by this massacre. The victims are not the same people who commit atrocities in the name of their religion. These are people who just wanted to worship their god at their mosque. Down playing his actions by pointing out the actions of other people halfway across the world is disgusting. Some people are even worshiping the guy due to their deep seeded hatred. It's sickening. If any of you have these views, then I'd honestly just recommend talking to a mental healthcare professional. That's not meant as an insult or a joke. But if you lack empathy simply because they're Muslim, then you have some serious issues that need to be checked out. They're human beings, and the attacker is by no means a hero. He's a monster. Plain and simple.

This whole thing will be interesting going forward. I'm fairly certain that as things unravel, we'll get a better understanding of how white-nationalist terrorists do recruiting. From what I can tell, his manifesto seems to be designed in a way that helps people find resources that perpetuate the ideas of white nationalism in the hopes that they'll get radicalized enough to follow him. The guy is obviously insane, but his manifesto seems thought out in trying to game the internet and virality. While I have no doubt he watches PewDiePie since PewDiePie is the biggest YouTuber (by subscriber count), and intentionally or not, does attract that type of crowd with his edgy humor, I also have no doubt that his whole "Subscribe to PewDiePie" bit was also meant to spark division and gain virality.

Anyway, be mindful of the fact that the whole point of his attack was to invoke fear, cause division, and to inspire others to follow suit. So spreading either the manifesto or video are just playing into that. 

Also, since this is in the conversation surrounding this massacre, I think we should be more mindful of the memes/jokes we share/make. You might be joking but someone else might be serious. And then when you call them out, they'll hide behind the whole "It's just a joke" defense. It's quite an effective tactic at slowly pushing people towards radicalization since they can just claim freedom of speech and censorship while being blatantly racist/bigoted, and they'll gain sympathy while doing it since they're being "oppressed". Anyway, be mindful of the media you consume. If someone's an edgelord all the time, you should be wary of whether their actually bigoted or just joking, especially in gaming communities (Which tend to be good recruiting grounds for white nationalists, iirc). You never know, the person might be absolutely insane like this guy. 

Anyway, love one another, and always strive to care for your fellow man. It's hard sometimes given how fucked up the world is and our brains that are inclined to go into "me vs them" mode over quite literally anything, but it's a goal worth striving for. And as always, whenever a terrorist attack occurs, we should take the opportunity to reflect on how fragile life is and be supportive of our fellow man. Practice empathy whenever possible, and don't let these monsters divide us. Division is what they want, and no one benefits from it except for the terrorist. 

And I sincerely ask that if any of you feel the way this person felt, whether it be the desire to commit violence or simply believing that non-white people are "invading" your country by existing, then you should seek some help. White nationalism is not the answer to anything and is a toxic ideology. You are much more than the color of your skin, and being White doesn't make you superior to anyone because unsurprisingly, race is a pretty bullshit concept. Just love your fellow human beings and avoid generalizations of other people. Your identity is much more than just "White", and you should learn to love yourself as a member of the human race. But yeah, if you find yourself identifying with a mass-murderer then please take a deep hard look on your beliefs and seek some help. And I don't mean to be insulting in recommending that. I'm being as sincere as I can be.

But yeah, these are just my general thoughts from what I've seen around this.

"Be good people"

9 hours ago, TSARGA said:

He's bluffing. He said in his videos that he supports the "subscribe to pewd" and "tgay" bs. To him, Brandon Tarrant was just doing his part.

The shooter wanted retards like you to attack people like Pewdiepie, good job, I'm sure the shooter also learned to shoot from Fortnite like he claimed, was radicalized by Candace Owens, learned Ethnonationalism from Spyro the Dragon and his ideal country is China.

9 hours ago, Finnick said:

wasn't he arrested

Yes, he specifically stated he would not shoot at cops and he didn't, so he got arrested.

He will get around 40-50 years in prison likely and as long as he deemed safe to be released which he probably will he'll be allowed out.

12 minutes ago, Major_Push said:

The guy is obviously insane

I wouldn't call him insane, this was incredibly well planned, he targeted the Mosque at peak hour, knew the perfect time and location to avoid the police for as long as possible, he equipped a bright flashlight to one of his guns to blind people, he had incredibly good accuracy, he also waved at white passerby and even stopped his car to let a white couple cross the road.

Posted  Edited by Major_Push
5 hours ago, Malal said:

The shooter wanted retards like you to attack people like Pewdiepie, good job, I'm sure the shooter also learned to shoot from Fortnite like he claimed, was radicalized by Candace Owens, learned Ethnonationalism from Spyro the Dragon and his ideal country is China.

Yes, he specifically stated he would not shoot at cops and he didn't, so he got arrested.

He will get around 40-50 years in prison likely and as long as he deemed safe to be released which he probably will he'll be allowed out.

I wouldn't call him insane, this was incredibly well planned, he targeted the Mosque at peak hour, knew the perfect time and location to avoid the police for as long as possible, he equipped a bright flashlight to one of his guns to blind people, he had incredibly good accuracy, he also waved at white passerby and even stopped his car to let a white couple cross the road.

I think there's some irony in you calling him a retard since that is also what he wanted, if not what he actually wanted. He wanted to create division between people. It's probably much less that he wanted people to attack PewDiePie because he disliked him, and much more that he wanted people to get in arguments over PewDiePie since that would be divisive. Presumably also because PewDiePie is a big name that will help the story spread. Hell, it also probably works in his favor since a lot of alt-right people watch PewDiePie and will take "attacks" against him as attacks against them which will push them a bit more towards more extremist shit. All-in-all, you're both probably playing into what the guy wanted. So I'd be careful calling others "retards" when you're going to do the same thing.

I don't see how that makes him not insane. He made bombs if I recall correctly, and that's not an easy feat so he's definitely lucid and not a complete idiot. With that being said, the guy is very certainly insane. No one in their right mind would shoot up a bunch of people in a mosque because they're supposedly invading western countries. In fact, the fact that he let a couple cross the road because they're white goes to show how insane he is. That's not downplaying how much of a monster he is. He is a racist white supremacist terrorist, but he's also insane and anyone who has similar views as him is also insane. His whole ideology is crazy. Especially considering that the original inhabitants of New Zealand and Australia weren't white people so his opinions can be applied to himself, an Australian guy who killed Muslims in New Zealand who might have been actually born there. So yeah, I think he's insane. What makes you think that he's not insane?  

Edited by Major_Push

"Be good people"

9 hours ago, Major_Push said:

I think there's some irony in you calling him a retard since that is also what he wanted, if not what he actually wanted. He wanted to create division between people

He wanted a political/social division, not what I did.

I don't see how that makes him not insane. 

Do you actually know what insanity is?

In fact, the fact that he let a couple cross the road because they're white goes to show how insane he is.

No that shows the opposite, you really need to learn what insanity is before you through the word around, the Aramoana shooter was insane, he randomly shot people because someone's dog walked onto his property.

What makes you think that he's not insane?  

The thought and effort put into it, Insanity is someone who has a non healthy mind, one that does not work properly, can not reason etc

This person is insane. No one in the right mind would go out shooting people. I think the reason why he said “sub to pewdiepie” was so it can get more attention since pewdiepie is a popular person. He live-streamed it because he wanted to get people scared. We shouldn’t let this video go anywhere because it won’t do us any good watching it.

Posted  Edited by Major_Push
4 hours ago, Malal said:

He wanted a political/social division, not what I did.

Do you actually know what insanity is?

No that shows the opposite, you really need to learn what insanity is before you through the word around, the Aramoana shooter was insane, he randomly shot people because someone's dog walked onto his property.

The thought and effort put into it, Insanity is someone who has a non healthy mind, one that does not work properly, can not reason etc

So he has a healthy mind that works properly and reasons even though he killed people because he thought they were taking over? 

That's pretty insane to me unless you think he was justified. 

But honestly this is just semantics at this point. My point is that anyone who thinks the same way he does should seriously go see a doctor. His thoughts are not those of a rational person. That level of paranoia and hatred is not normal. And as i said before, he is 100% responsible for his actions and is a terrorist by all means of the word. My point in calling him insane has more to do with his insane ideology that many people also believe. 

Edited by Major_Push

"Be good people"

3 hours ago, Major_Push said:

So he has a healthy mind that works properly and reasons even though he killed people because he thought they were taking over? 

Are you going to say Hitler was insane too, considering he killed people he considered were taking over?

If the New Zealand courts found him insane he wouldn't be fit too stand trial.

That's pretty insane to me unless you think he was justified. 

Buzzword, the more a word is used incorrectly the less the word's value is, until eventually it loses all value and meaning and becomes a generic word with little true meaning.

But honestly this is just semantics at this point.

Except I'm using the literal definition and medically accepted use of the word, you're just using it as a buzzword, the New Zealand court haven't found him insane and won't find him insane.

2 minutes ago, Malal said:

Are you going to say Hitler was insane too, considering he killed people he considered were taking over?

If the New Zealand courts found him insane he wouldn't be fit too stand trial.

Buzzword, the more a word is used incorrectly the less the word's value is, until eventually it loses all value and meaning and becomes a generic word with little true meaning.

Except I'm using the literal definition and medically accepted use of the word, you're just using it as a buzzword, the New Zealand court haven't found him insane and won't find him insane.

Lol. 

"Be good people"

2 hours ago, Major_Push said:

Lol. 

Nice retort, in the future refrain from discussing subjects you have no education in.

4 hours ago, Trigger said:

I'd hate to be that guy but we should just stop talking about it. 

Way ahead of you. The whole thing was tangential anyway. 

My point is simply that that mindset of any race being superior or that Muslims are invading the West is just wrong and unhealthy. And anyone who thinks that these are grounds for murder of innocent people should seek some help.

But also just lol at arguing over semantics when the message is clear. 

"Be good people"

On 3/16/2019 at 9:14 PM, Malal said:

Nice retort, in the future refrain from discussing subjects you have no education in.

Refrain from ever starting discussions like these.

We're here to learn of this terrible event and be sympathetic to the victims of the mosque shooting. Not to bicker at each other about the shooter.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

24 minutes ago, Malal said:

Victims who were converting people to radical who would later join ISIS

image.png

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

25 minutes ago, Malal said:

Victims who were converting people to radical who would later join ISIS

You need help. Please refrain making statements like that. Last thing we need is you stirring up chaos over a shooting.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements