Moltard

[Tool] OriginFinder

Posted  Edited by Moltard

Hello everyone, I made this tool:

c5x1fIY.jpg

It's based on Slayerdragon's online tool http://slayerdragoncss.weebly.com/origin-finder.html

The goal is to search for entities, get their origin and make outputs.

To explain better, when we add, for example, torches particles in a map, we don't want to have them all in hammer because that would add too many entities and get close to the limit.

So we use a point_template and a single particle

31P2Rb5.jpg

By adding dummy entities (info_target for example), in the map where each torch will be located, and giving them all the same name, we can then use the tool to find these dummy entities and generate the outputs to spawn the point_template on each origin.

We then open the vmf in Notepad++, we paste them in the Connection part of the entity parameters and we save (if Connection doesn't exist, add atleast 1 dummy output in Hammer) .

7jM5k8u.jpg

And then, we simply FireUser1 on the point_template when needed.

592WOqP.jpg

Doing that is really important, because when a new round start, every single entity of your map exist (for like 0.01 second).

So imagine you have 100 info_particle_system for your torch, that can easily lead to the server reaching the edict limit and crashing.

While, having only 1 info_particle_system, you are pretty safe.

My tool work better than Slayerdragon's as it is not case sensitive, so if you search for Level_Counter, you can do LEVEL_counter and it will find it.

The wildcard * is also supported when used with targetname.

And I added an option for CS:GO, which give you outputs with that weird ESC character.

DoAeS9H.jpg

(In this picture, they are invisible, but once copy pasted into Notepad++, you can see them)

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcn3ltqlr53ymb5/OriginFinder.rar?dl=0

Edited by Moltard

IiWfJa9.gif