Pedro

TF2 Suggestions

Hello, if you any suggestions for any of our TF2 servers or just a TF2 suggestion in general please leave it here and we will do our best to see about adding it!

Thanks,
Pedro.

Vote For Pedro

Maybe add a Freak Fortress 2 server. You could also implement a ranking system or a “point shop” for our current servers.

֍ Trigger ֍

giphy.gif.b962afb65eeb4c051830d11c68ee16c0.gif

Achievements

2 hours ago, Trigger said:

Maybe add a Freak Fortress 2 server. You could also implement a ranking system or a “point shop” for our current servers.

Thanks for the suggestion. Shop is currently being tested out and should be added soon if nothing goes wrong. As for a new server we are thinking of changing mario kart anyway so there is a good possibility we could give Freak Fortress a shot.

Thanks,

Pedro.

Vote For Pedro

Posted  Edited by DaLaw

Dodgeball Server.
What is it? If you haven't played, it's a server where you're Pyro and you use your air blast to shoot the rocket (Dodge ball)

Why add it? Well the servers I have played on or my friends have played on lacked in admins, and strict rules.

What is in it for addons/basic necessities? Rank/placement, !vrs (Changing rocket speed), !fov, !Tp/!fp (Third/first person), !ffa (Free for all/vote), !nominate/!rtv (Maps)

Thanks for considering/reading -Dalaw

Edited by DaLaw

GFL Ranks

[Former] Manager for Purge/DarkRP.                 

[Former] Manager for AWP 24/7

[Former] Senior Badmin for the old Purge.

[Former] Senior Badmin for the new Purge.             

[Former] Senior Admin for Hightower. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort 2

[Former] Human Resources.  

[Bans] Old Purge - 400+

[Joined] 2012-2013.

Achievements

• 2 weeks later...

I have Multiple suggestions.

1. Bots, just in case the server gets boring or there aren't enough players. (Obviously on the Hightower and 2fort servers, not the deathrun server)
  2. More game modes, i would suggest Slender Fortress, Freak fortress 2/VS Saxton hale and/or Dodgeball or even a custom MVM server.
  3. Joinsounds for when people like Admins join a server.

"Sacrifices have to be made to get somewhere in life." - Rebecca_Doodles (Friday Night Funkin' Starving Artist Mod)

14 hours ago, dr_steel said:

I have Multiple suggestions.

1. Bots, just in case the server gets boring or there aren't enough players. (Obviously on the Hightower and 2fort servers, not the deathrun server)
  2. More game modes, i would suggest Slender Fortress, Freak fortress 2/VS Saxton hale and/or Dodgeball or even a custom MVM server.
  3. Joinsounds for when people like Admins join a server.

Well for the first one, on 2fort I don't think we need to add bots because admins always idle on the server, Hightower yesterday got populated after I got the players who wanted to do the fashion show onto that server and the server just filled up. 

For the second one, hell yea that is a great idea! I was thinking that we open one of those servers due to the success of the GFL servers on TF2. Maybe in the near future, we can open another server if we see constant success with our current servers. 

For the last suggestion, we can just add chat tags if they exist like how @Eli asked. If not, then maybe we can add something like that in. However, if a player joins a server, they shouldn't hear "Welcome to GFL Clan's TF2 server!" In like an anime girl voice like how a lot of community servers do. That's just irritating to hear when you join the server, you know what I mean? 

jitticus

• 3 weeks later...

announce orange via the steam group and on the forums 

┍━━—━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

spacer.png

┕━━—━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

• 5 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Mejilla said:

Though it’s been a while since Dr_Steel suggested this, it’s a great idea. My first vote is for Dodgeball, my second vote is for Freak Fortress.

The first game I ever started playing on steam was TF2. But I never really played the normal TF2 game. I went straight to the community servers and I started playing dodgeball. Since then, a lot of the good dodgeball servers closed down due to lack of staff, which led to toxicity. Dodgeball is like my baby, I basically grew up playing it. It’s the game mode I’m most familiar with and close to. It’s a fun and competitive game for everyone including staff. If dodgeball was implemented into our community, I would gladly make tutorials for the people who do not understand what it is/how to play. Dodgeball would definitely be a nice addition, especially with GFL staff. There aren’t many good dodgeball servers left, but we would make it work. I’m familiar with some of the plugins used as well. Some servers out there don’t have  good airblast distance, orbit distance, rocket speed, nor good enough bounce. I just don’t think they spent enough time playing with the plugins before releasing the server.

As for Freak Fortress, it’s another great game mode. You can make it competitive or just an all together game. It’s fun to hop on with some friends and complete the maps, if you’re successful. I’m not so familiar with plugins, but even FF would be a great server to add as well. Many people enjoy and play on Freak Fortress, and I’ve noticed some of the toxic communities have lost their FF population for other communities.

My heart resides more in dodgeball than it does with Freak Fortress by a long shot. Dodgeball would definitely require a different handful of staff members because it is a whole different game mode than a normal pvp server. I don’t believe population would be an issue for either of these servers as well. :)

I believe Dodgeball was being considered at one point recently and GFL used to have a Dodgeball server years ago (video). I personally love the game mode itself and I remember it being one of my favorites back years ago. However, after taking a look at the servers, not many are popular anymore indeed, unfortunately :(

I mean, we can try it either way. Maybe it'll have success on our Anycast network.

Thanks!

Posted  Edited by Pedro
27 minutes ago, Mejilla said:

I don't want to name other communities, but there was one large one I was apart of for the last 3-4 years. Their staff became toxic and it took a toll on the players, and the population just flatlined. If Dodgeball can come back here, I think it would really take off. I would definitely love updates about the idea of dodgeball taking a comeback.

Thanks for the reply!

We definitely could give Dodgeball a shot, i’ll look into replacing Orange (it’s had it’s chance(s)) with it when I get back from South Carolina.

Edited by Pedro

Vote For Pedro

Beat I'm going to beat your ass in dodgeball. Trash boi. ❤️
@BeatBoxBattleMe

GFL Ranks

[Bans] Old Purge - 400+

[Joined] 2012-2013.

Achievements

Now we talked about this online the 2Fort Staff chat, but I think we should look into 2Fort #2.

This “#2” server would be a rotational server, where instead of playing on one map, there would be choice of multiple maps after so many rounds. I think it would keep the same experience as the 2Fort server we currently have, but also implement something new that people would enjoy. I don’t expect this to happen immediate but it defiantly should be added in the future! 

Posted  Edited by Omid
1 hour ago, BeatBoxBattleMe said:

Now we talked about this online the 2Fort Staff chat, but I think we should look into 2Fort #2.

This “#2” server would be a rotational server, where instead of playing on one map, there would be choice of multiple maps after so many rounds. I think it would keep the same experience as the 2Fort server we currently have, but also implement something new that people would enjoy. I don’t expect this to happen immediate but it defiantly should be added in the future! 

@NobleWaters @SlappyButternuts have expressed interest in this type of server 

I think 2Fort #2 would be a better replacement for the Orange server instead of a Dodgeball server since I've seen more people taking interest in a second 2Fort server than a Dodgeball server (people have expressed interest in-game and on the forums).  I agree with Roy, the server doesn't seem very popular anymore and there's no real way to guarantee that we'd have a consistent population like High Tower and 2Fort. 

Edited by Omid

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Omid said:

@NobleWaters @SlappyButternuts have expressed interest in this type of server 

I think 2Fort #2 would be a better replacement for the Orange server instead of a Dodgeball server since I've seen more people taking interest in a second 2Fort server than a Dodgeball server (people have expressed interest in-game and on the forums). 

I agree, although I would love to keep Orange, if it absolutely must be replaced then I suggest we try to go with what has more interest and I have personally seen more people express in interest in 2fort #2. Gamestracker statistics also show that Dodgeball servers get lesser populations than Orange servers so it makes little sense to me to replace a server thats slowly gaining traction with a server less likely to gain a steady population

Posted  Edited by DaLaw
13 minutes ago, Omid said:

I think 2Fort #2 would be a better replacement for the Orange server instead of a Dodgeball server

A decent amount of players on hightower have said previously they have had issues with the 2fort players and how toxic it is. (Just in one session)

Not to mention myself and a few friends have 10+ people in our friends list that would play.
Also we already have 2fort, having two 2fort servers with one hightower server has no variation.
Instead it would be better if we had three different servers then later on add another 2fort server.
All the servers we currently have are basic pvp servers instead of something somewhat unique.
For example Slender Fortress, Freak Fortress, or Dodgeball are all different versions of a pvp server.

Edited by DaLaw

GFL Ranks

[Bans] Old Purge - 400+

[Joined] 2012-2013.

Achievements

2 minutes ago, DaLaw said:

A decent amount of players on hightower have said previously they have had issue with the 2fort players and how toxic it is. (Just in one session)

Not to mention myself and a few friends have 10+ people in our friends list that would play.
 Also we already have 2fort, having two 2fort servers with one hightower server has no variation.
Instead it would be better if we had three different servers then later on add another 2fort server.
All the servers we currently have our basic pvp servers instead of something somewhat unique.
For example Slender Fortress, Freak Fortress, or Dodgeball are all different versions of a pvp server.

Who's to say the Dodgeball server won't become toxic too? A lot of people on High Tower are just as toxic from what I've seen and not only that but 2Fort isn't always toxic, we have many friendly regulars who are on often that are very inclusive. I understand that the players you've seen on High Tower have had bad experiences but not only are those isolated incidents (there will always be different types of players in a server at any given time), a lot of our 2Fort regulars play on High Tower too! I understand you, your friends, and your friends' friends say that they'll play often but when the server launches, will you guys actually commit to the server? Lots of people will pledge that they'll play (they pledged they'd play on Orange often too) but only time can really tell if they will or not.  The reason we recommended a PVP server is because PVP servers gain better traction than unique servers, I looked up all those servers you listed and very few have consistently medium-high pop. Like Freak Fortress, which I'd totally +1 if you suggested, but Dodgeball doesn't look good statistically compared to a 2Fort #2 server or our current Orange server. I agree that we should mix up the servers and add some fun in, but we also need to consider if it'd also maintain a population and if it'd be worth investing into. 

spacer.png

A second 2fort server would be a better choice for now. I'm sure another server could be added in the future, 2fort is getting too busy at some hours and although a personal anecdote isn't really a valid argument, I have seen people on the server discuss wanting another 2fort server, either for more variety or for more free slots.

25 minutes ago, DaLaw said:

A decent amount of players on hightower have said previously they have had issues with the 2fort players and how toxic it is. (Just in one session)

I don't believe this, sorry. Any server is going to have its 'toxic' people, I don't think this is a good argument against 2fort #2 server or ANY different server for that matter. If those people are complaining about people genuinely awful enough to talk about it with you, then they should be able to name them, especially if it was that memorable after one session. I personally haven't witnessed anything terrible on 2fort to the point where people were bothered by it and had to join a different server.

slappy.png