Little Ring

Thing that made you most nervous during school.

Posted  Edited by Trapped

I thought of this topic after reading @Joshy 's school topic. What thing made you most nervous/anxious during school?

For me it was an group English presentation, we all had to know what to say about our project and the teacher called on one of us to explain our project. I had no idea what our presentation was and I figured with my luck I was going to get called on. I didn't, but I felt like I was going to get called on, which made me nervous, extremely nervous.  

Edited by Trapped

Posted  Edited by Addy

Moved it to general discussion for you

having to interact with people, especially girls

Edited by Addy

maxresdefault.jpg

9qgn1Zn.png

was good knowin you

M E M E S

Spoiler

c8t20uJ.png

NYsFw15.png

pRMNTno.png

iGOJUvA.png

9qgn1Zn.png

F11Vx5A.png

YK0zrGH.png

D I S C O R D

V5BjkfK.png

NHMZswY.png

4M7pOXZ.png

aURPCME.png

XYga1Wn.png

7VakUEv.png

ecErTIf.png

cc1LDBw.png

D E N R O S

giphy.gif

D O N T   F O R G E T   W I L F O R D

SDjQmNz.png

D O N T   F O R G E T   J E R M

9qgn1Zn.png

Spoiler

Former Garry's Mod Jailbreak Manager

Former CS:S Bhop Manager

Former CS:S Dust 2 Manager

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

#BringBackGMODJailbreak

#BringBackJermsquad

#Hacking4CA

Well, there was one time that I was called to answer a question in my German class, and I had absolutely no idea what was the answer, so I just replied with something in my head, apparently tuphefn pack(idk how to write that anymore) but if I wrote it wrong it means "son of a bitch" or something like that

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

So I finished my high school maths(like all the calculus stuff) 2 years ago now Instead of taking some made up math class the school is having me help teach calculus AB while im in 12th because their teacher is new, I guess that makes me nervous a bit.

image.jpeg

I guess the one thing that would make me anxious is people judging.

Me and my friends have a table we sit at everyday and play Smash 4 on the 3DS.

I guess what would make me anxious is people thinking weirdly of us.

I ask a lot of questions during class.  I encourage you all to do it despite the horror stories and potential embarrassment.  It's going to really enhance your education.

I hate it when professors give me a really strange look, and especially when they respond in a demeaning way.  I've had professors respond "That's cute" and laugh.  I was taking a Physical Chemistry Quantum Mechanics class and the professor was covering the vibrational degrees of freedom of a molecule.

He said that if a molecule is linear, then it has 3N - 5 vibrational degrees of freedom; if it is non-linear, then it has 3N - 6 vibrational degrees of freedom.  I'm not a chemistry or chemical engineering major, so I asked him how can we tell if a molecule is linear or non-linear?  He gave me the most crazy look along with the other...  8 or 9 students in the class.  He was like...  This is basic chemistry...  I can do the Lewis dot diagram and use VSEPR.

It hit me like a train when I had realized my misunderstanding.  In other mathematical majors and electrical engineering, we talk about about linearity ie. "Is this circuit linear?", or "Is this function linear?"  He was talking about it being PHYSICALLY linear (all the molecules arranged in a straight line).  Some would argue that I shouldn't even think in a mathematical context when taking that class, but it's a super dense mathematical course (so much differential equations and transforms); I've also performed some DFT calculations on molecules (also dense amount of mathematics)...  so simply talking about molecules isn't enough context for me.

Reflecting on this, though, it's kind of fun to realize where people will look at someone and think they are just so stupid... but they aren't open minded enough to see the other person's perspective.  My question wasn't a bad one in the other context.

edit:

BTW, I'm not smart.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by The_Observer - Edit Reason: Grammar error
6 hours ago, Addy said:

Moved it to general discussion for you

having to interact with people, especially girls

I can relate with you there. The things that made me the most nervous were definitely asking a girl out and when I first started debating on my debate team.

Since I'm like super shy around women, asking her out had me sweating it all day. My stomach was upset, and I couldn't stop thinking about it throughout the day. And to answer the question, yes, I was rejected. And along the same nervous lines, speaking in public? Lol, before I joined the DT, I was deathly afraid of it. Stepping up in front of my classmates to present my speech and for them to critique it was nail-bitingly horrifying.

tl;dr Talking to grills is spoopy and public speaking is a skeleton.

Edited by The_Observer
Grammar error

1 minute ago, The_Observer said:

I can relate with you there. The things that made me the most nervous wrre definitely asking a girl out

Since I'm like super shy around women, asking her out had me sweating it all day. My stomach was upset, and I couldn't stop thinking about it throughout the day. And to answer the question, yes, I was rejected.

Same thing happened to me around two years back at this point. I got the courage to buy a couple roses and ask a girl out on Valentine's Day, and she totally just ignored me for 2-3 months after that.

Couple months later, next school year... she tells me she likes me. Fuck that.

maxresdefault.jpg

9qgn1Zn.png

was good knowin you

M E M E S

Spoiler

c8t20uJ.png

NYsFw15.png

pRMNTno.png

iGOJUvA.png

9qgn1Zn.png

F11Vx5A.png

YK0zrGH.png

D I S C O R D

V5BjkfK.png

NHMZswY.png

4M7pOXZ.png

aURPCME.png

XYga1Wn.png

7VakUEv.png

ecErTIf.png

cc1LDBw.png

D E N R O S

giphy.gif

D O N T   F O R G E T   W I L F O R D

SDjQmNz.png

D O N T   F O R G E T   J E R M

9qgn1Zn.png

Spoiler

Former Garry's Mod Jailbreak Manager

Former CS:S Bhop Manager

Former CS:S Dust 2 Manager

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

#BringBackGMODJailbreak

#BringBackJermsquad

#Hacking4CA

Posted  Edited by HackingPotato

Im never nervous... Im a confident black women who got a really good man. ( @Kim love you mannnnnnnnnnnnn) 

or maybe im just a confident 9 year old boy who likes cyka blyat :shrug: 

Edited by HackingPotato

Image result for roo emotes

Achievements