Not Soda

Bhop server needs to be easier if it is an easy server

I just want to preface this by saying I am writing this from the heart and not out of a place of spit or hurtfulness.

The server is too hard, map wise.

This server seems to be using [Easy] as a tag to get new people to join but when the maps are their 3+ it's just simply not fun. I love the community and the clan but it seems to be a bait and switch.

I understand that there is a way to "get good" but I don't think anyone plays on an easy server for that. 

This isn't just my perspective too, because if a map comes on and it's too hard the server empties out. There are alternatives that have a max of tier 2 and they are much more fun and enjoyable. I could go to some other server, but as I said I love this community.

Perhaps we can consider removing some of the harder maps or adding an intermediate server? I realize that adding a server costs money but if the server empties out constantly I can't imagine that being a better alternative.

Thanks,

Not Soda

Or they could implement something that makes people vote on maps and on the server rank them by difficulty. That way if people want to play harder maps, they can vote to play them, or if they want to play easier maps, they can also play them.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

18 hours ago, TheSadBandit said:

Or they could implement something that makes people vote on maps and on the server rank them by difficulty. That way if people want to play harder maps, they can vote to play them, or if they want to play easier maps, they can also play them.

Yes this is how it already works lol.

Thanks for the feedback and concern @Not Soda it's under discussion.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:32 PM, Elemental said:

Yes this is how it already works lol.

Thanks for the feedback and concern @Not Soda it's under discussion.

Thanks, I was quite nervous to even post this. I appreciate the reply.

• 1 month later...

Just from my experience from bhop CS:S servers:

There actually used to be 2 servers I used to frequent often..

And there names were simply "Nimble Speedruns" and "Lengthy Longruns", or something like that.

The point is, they were from the same person/community, but different maps on either server. 

"Nimble Speedruns" had short maps, usually all server records were under 2 minutes max, and most of the maps were around T1 or T2.

"Lengthy Longruns" had long maps surprisingly enough, usually all server records were OVER 2 minutes minimum, and most of the maps were around T3 through T5.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by Pyros - Edit Reason: removed a link

I just wanna say that whenever I tried to install the counter strike games on my system my server did not support it also it shows an error windows defender error 577, so I want a solution how can I remove this error.

Edited by Pyros
removed a link