MASTAH

New Pc suggestion

Hiya I'm gonna buy a new pc this summer I'd like to get some good suggestions about what parts to get

I'm sure I'm going for Gtx 2060 and I7 8700 now Motherboard,Psu,Pc Case,Coolers and Ram (HyperX 3200mhz?) I want suggestions for that. ly~

I'm going to assume that your budget is around $1,000 from the parts you have listed yourself. 

Are you in a particular hurry to get this PC? If not, I would wait for the release of Zen 2 (on 07/07/2019). If you are in a hurry, here's a build I would recommend for what I assume your budget is: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LxvZhy (I don't see why you would purchase the 8700 non-k when the 8700k/9700k exists. Unless if you have some weird case that you can't fit a sufficient cooler into? But I'd just go with a slightly worse CPU and bump the 2060 to a 2070 nonetheless, like in the parts list.).

If you have any specifics about what you want from the computer you're building, please share as it will give a better idea of what build is right for you, the one I recommended is an all around good streaming/gaming/editing/whatevering PC. 

P.S

Moved to Tech Support forum.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

I would wait until July 7th so you can get the new ryzen processers like how liloz said. 

I recommend the 8-10 core if you do CPU intensive tasks and it is at a great price according to articles. If you just want to play games, get a 6 core. Get the X if you want to overclock. If you go with ryzen, get 3200 mhz ram. 

jitticus

Posted  Edited by MASTAH

I can go up to 1500e 1700e but I don't like amd from my experience I won't overcloack my cpu that's why non k version.

Purely pc for gaming,the newest games on max and I won't plan on changing it for a long time.

Edited by MASTAH

Posted  Edited by TheJitFace
49 minutes ago, MASTAH said:

I can go up to 1500e 1700e but I don't like amd from my experience I won't overcloack my cpu that's why non k version.

Purely pc for gaming,the newest games on max and I won't plan on changing it for a long time.

Just pretend the new ryzen processor is in the CPU space, I heard it is extremely cheap for what it gives. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/77cVMZ

I actually might get the 6 core if the prices are correct according to the image. 

The only issue is that the new CPUs eat power like its fucking Thanksgiving, but I threw a gold 750-watt power supply in the list if the TDP is higher. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by TheJitFace

jitticus

36 minutes ago, MASTAH said:

Should I get Ryzen 9 3850x?

I mean a 16 core is extreme for just gaming and you need a bigger budget. Your GPU will bottleneck with the CPU if you get that. Not to mention cooling aswell. I would get a 3600 if I were you. 

jitticus

7 hours ago, TheJitFace said:

Just pretend the new ryzen processor is in the CPU space, I heard it is extremely cheap for what it gives. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/77cVMZ

I actually might get the 6 core if the prices are correct according to the image. 

The only issue is that the new CPUs eat power like its fucking Thanksgiving, but I threw a gold 750-watt power supply in the list if the TDP is higher. 

Capture.JPG

Keep in mind if he gets a ryzen 3000 series and decides to get that b450 motherboard (which he should compared to x570 chipset if he's only gaming) That he will need to update the bios using that boards bios flashback button, if the motherboard isn't already on a bios that supports the new cpus. Other motherboards support this feature so he can take a look at them if he wants.

Also if he's just gaming and not doing anything that requires a heavy workload on the cpu then the 3600 is a good entry point and the 3700x is a good value for 8c16t. Anything other than that is overkill for gaming right now. Also he might as well overclock as it's free performance, whether you do so now or in the future.

However, wait for benchmarks before ordering anything though (They should be up either on the 6th or 7th) and that image is outdated, the 6c12t 3600 is 199usd.

17 hours ago, MASTAH said:

Hiya I'm gonna buy a new pc this summer I'd like to get some good suggestions about what parts to get

I'm sure I'm going for Gtx 2060 and I7 8700 now Motherboard,Psu,Pc Case,Coolers and Ram (HyperX 3200mhz?) I want suggestions for that. ly~

If you're planning to play in 1440p then you would be wiser to put that extra money towards the gpu since 1440 will leverage the gpu more than the cpu.

Ram

According to AMD 3200 cas 14/3600 cas 16 are best price to performance for the cpus but wait for benchmarks once again. Higher clocked memory is better for ryzen. if you don't want to pay the premium for b dies.

PSU

it being at 50% is when it performs best, but you can ignore that if you don't want to spend on then you can just use a power supply calculator 

https://seasonic.com/wattage-calculator

And get a decent power supply from the tier list below, but you should be fine as long as it isn't some cheap Chinese psu from ebay

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/

Case

Pick whatever you need, i suggest getting a matx/atx case with dust filters that isn't too cheapm unless you want a small build. However you can cheap out on it if you want since it's just holding your components, but it may be hard to clean/build in it.

CPU cooler

You can just stick with the stock ryzen cooler for now especially if you don't plan to overclock right now.

Case fans

Might as well stick with the default case fans that come with the case, but you can get better ones if you don't like the airflow or noise on them.

GPU

I wouldn't really get rtx cards right now (until july 7th i guess) since there's rumors of rtx super dropping in retaliation to AMD's new navi 5000 series cards. This would mean a refresh of current rtx cards and a price drop for old ones. AMD's new gpus don't really have a good price point to them either, so i would suggest waiting before buying them in the meantime unless you really want a computer right now. In which case if you find a decent deal on a 2060 performance card or better, jump on it.

This is all imo of course.

iWRtIsJ.jpg

Achievements

5 hours ago, MooTheCow said:

Keep in mind if he gets a ryzen 3000 series and decides to get that b450 motherboard (which he should compared to x570 chipset if he's only gaming) That he will need to update the bios using that boards bios flashback button, if the motherboard isn't already on a bios that supports the new cpus. Other motherboards support this feature so he can take a look at them if he wants.

Also if he's just gaming and not doing anything that requires a heavy workload on the cpu then the 3600 is a good entry point and the 3700x is a good value for 8c16t. Anything other than that is overkill for gaming right now. Also he might as well overclock as it's free performance, whether you do so now or in the future.

However, wait for benchmarks before ordering anything though (They should be up either on the 6th or 7th) and that image is outdated, the 6c12t 3600 is 199usd.

If you're planning to play in 1440p then you would be wiser to put that extra money towards the gpu since 1440 will leverage the gpu more than the cpu.

Ram

According to AMD 3200 cas 14/3600 cas 16 are best price to performance for the cpus but wait for benchmarks once again. Higher clocked memory is better for ryzen. if you don't want to pay the premium for b dies.

PSU

it being at 50% is when it performs best, but you can ignore that if you don't want to spend on then you can just use a power supply calculator 

https://seasonic.com/wattage-calculator

And get a decent power supply from the tier list below, but you should be fine as long as it isn't some cheap Chinese psu from ebay

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/

Case

Pick whatever you need, i suggest getting a matx/atx case with dust filters that isn't too cheapm unless you want a small build. However you can cheap out on it if you want since it's just holding your components, but it may be hard to clean/build in it.

CPU cooler

You can just stick with the stock ryzen cooler for now especially if you don't plan to overclock right now.

Case fans

Might as well stick with the default case fans that come with the case, but you can get better ones if you don't like the airflow or noise on them.

GPU

I wouldn't really get rtx cards right now (until july 7th i guess) since there's rumors of rtx super dropping in retaliation to AMD's new navi 5000 series cards. This would mean a refresh of current rtx cards and a price drop for old ones. AMD's new gpus don't really have a good price point to them either, so i would suggest waiting before buying them in the meantime unless you really want a computer right now. In which case if you find a decent deal on a 2060 performance card or better, jump on it.

This is all imo of course.

I like these pc cases: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/?filter=8448/#!/Size=Mid Tower

also would be cool if you can build my pc on those sites and send me the link I'll see if something needs to be changed then I will buy exactly from the list

20 hours ago, MASTAH said:

I like these pc cases: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/?filter=8448/#!/Size=Mid Tower

also would be cool if you can build my pc on those sites and send me the link I'll see if something needs to be changed then I will buy exactly from the list

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LKqJ6s

Change the 2600 to 3600 when it comes out, you can change your ssd/hard drive configuration depending on what you like as well as the case. You can wait and see if there is a price drop for the gpu when navi launches. 

iWRtIsJ.jpg

Achievements

2 hours ago, MooTheCow said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LKqJ6s

Change the 2600 to 3600 when it comes out, you can change your ssd/hard drive configuration depending on what you like as well as the case. You can wait and see if there is a price drop for the gpu when navi launches. 

Is hyper X better than G skill or is it the same?

17 hours ago, MASTAH said:

Is hyper X better than G skill or is it the same?

Pretty sure ram is made by micron/hynix/samsung and 3rd part just license it so yeah they are the same unless the cas is different. Lower cas latency means better quality die (b die) and will overclocked better but that comes a price premium vs hynix/micron stuff which has a higher latency and overclock not as well.

As for those brands the heatsinks are the only thing that is different and they don't really do much to cool the ram tbh. So just pick whatever looks good/has lower latencey if you care about high ram oc/price to performance. Also keep in mind clearance with tall heat spreaders, might conflict with top mounted fans/large cpu heatsinks depending on the case.

iWRtIsJ.jpg

Achievements

5 hours ago, MooTheCow said:

Pretty sure ram is made by micron/hynix/samsung and 3rd part just license it so yeah they are the same unless the cas is different. Lower cas latency means better quality die (b die) and will overclocked better but that comes a price premium vs hynix/micron stuff which has a higher latency and overclock not as well.

As for those brands the heatsinks are the only thing that is different and they don't really do much to cool the ram tbh. So just pick whatever looks good/has lower latencey if you care about high ram oc/price to performance. Also keep in mind clearance with tall heat spreaders, might conflict with top mounted fans/large cpu heatsinks depending on the case.

I also found this MB: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B360-H-GAMING/

12 hours ago, MASTAH said:

B350 = AMD

B360 = Intel

I prefer AMD Zen+ generation as CPU (Ryzen 5 2600 has a good value for gamer), 3200/C16 RAM (3200/C14 is also fine, but Zen(+) yeah...) with "better" heatsinks like G.Skill RipJaws/Flare X/TridentZ, Crucial Ballistix, Kingston/HyperX Fury/Predator or Corsair Vengeance. AMD-GPU: RX580 or Vega 56/64 with good cooling.

(I don't mention Intel and Nvidia for reasons)

15 hours ago, MASTAH said:

Yeah as Bara said that motherboard is for Intel 1151 lga cpus not amd's Ryzen. I really don't recommend intel right now because for that board you can't overclock anything, plus the current performance decrease due to the security fixes. Not to mention Intel is in a rut right now when it comes to making new better cpus compared to amd. But at the end of the day it's your money and right now Ryzen is looking the most promising.

iWRtIsJ.jpg

Achievements

8 hours ago, MooTheCow said:

Yeah as Bara said that motherboard is for Intel 1151 lga cpus not amd's Ryzen. I really don't recommend intel right now because for that board you can't overclock anything, plus the current performance decrease due to the security fixes. Not to mention Intel is in a rut right now when it comes to making new better cpus compared to amd. But at the end of the day it's your money and right now Ryzen is looking the most promising.

I'll get the Ryzen but never again in my life a amd gpu. I need ryzen cpu similar to i7 8700.

Posted  Edited by MASTAH
10 hours ago, MooTheCow said:

Alright this is my new pc,any changes? as long as it is below 2k I'm good. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheRealMastah/saved/#view=CNTPnQ

Edited by MASTAH

Looks good, but the PSU is pretty expensive and 850W aren't required for this setup (I recommend 550W or if you want safe 650W for future upgrades by EVGA SuperNova G3/SeaSonic FOCUS Gold/Corsair RMx (all under 100$ on pcpartpicker.com)). With other psu you could take an CRYORIG R1 Ultimate air cooler - too much for Ryzen but more future proof with 2 fans.

Posted  Edited by TheJitFace
17 minutes ago, Bara said:

Looks good, but the PSU is pretty expensive and 850W aren't required for this setup (I recommend 550W or if you want safe 650W for future upgrades by EVGA SuperNova G3/SeaSonic FOCUS Gold/Corsair RMx (all under 100$ on pcpartpicker.com)). With other psu you could take an CRYORIG R1 Ultimate air cooler - too much for Ryzen but more future proof with 2 fans.

I would keep the 850 honestly because the new ryzen cpus take a lot of power and it is still unconfirmed how much it takes. I would just choose another brand that is cheaper, but is gold or platinum certified.

Edited by TheJitFace

jitticus

Posted  Edited by Bara
9 hours ago, TheJitFace said:

the new ryzen cpus take a lot of power

Not really. Here's a table (Info: Ryzen 7 2700X need 105W):

• Ryzen 9 3950X: 16 Cores/32 Threads, max. 4,7 GHz, 105 Watt TDP
  • Ryzen 9 3900X: 12 Cores/24 Threads, max. 4,6 GHz, 105 Watt TDP
  • Ryzen 7 3800X: 8 Cores/16 Threads, max. 4,5 GHz, 105 Watt TDP
  • Ryzen 7 3700X: 8 Cores/16 Threads: max. 4,4 GHz, 65 Watt TDP
  • Ryzen 5 3600X: 6 Cores/12 Threads: max. 4,4 GHz, 95 Watt TDP
  • Ryzen 5 3600: 6 Cores/12 Threads: max. 4,2 GHz, 65 Watt TDP