MASTAH

New Pc suggestion

What @Bara said, basically.

You don't need a big boy powersupply these days; everything is far more efficient than your memory will tell you.

I'm assuming you are going to wait for Zen 2's release too, so, gonna have to check back at this thread when AMD shits out all their new stuff (and Nvidia along with hardware manufacturers).

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

Posted  Edited by MooTheCow
8 hours ago, Bara said:

Not really. Here's a table (Info: Ryzen 7 2700X need 105W):

• Ryzen 9 3950X: 16 Cores/32 Threads, max. 4,7 GHz, 105 Watt TDP
  • Ryzen 9 3900X: 12 Cores/24 Threads, max. 4,6 GHz, 105 Watt TDP
  • Ryzen 7 3800X: 8 Cores/16 Threads, max. 4,5 GHz, 105 Watt TDP
  • Ryzen 7 3700X: 8 Cores/16 Threads: max. 4,4 GHz, 65 Watt TDP
  • Ryzen 5 3600X: 6 Cores/12 Threads: max. 4,4 GHz, 95 Watt TDP
  • Ryzen 5 3600: 6 Cores/12 Threads: max. 4,2 GHz, 65 Watt TDP
  • Ryzen 5 3400G: 4 Cores/8 Threads: max. 4,2 GHz, 65 Watt TDP, with GPU
  • Ryzen 3 3200G: 4 Cores/4 Threads: max. 4,0 GHz, 65 Watt TDP, with GPU

All informations was confirmed by AMD.

Yeah and hes not going to get a >8 core if he's just gaming lol.

Power supplys are reliable these days assuming it's something from the tier list i posted or has a good johnnyguru review. Also you don't need more than something 80 plus gold, not to mention that sticker isn't the determining factor if the power supply is good.

@MASTAH

Cpu cooler is good if you decide to overclock in the future and want a better cooler

Motherboard is okay for a highly overclocked 8 core cpu, so you're fine there. HOWEVER IF YOU'RE GOING TO GET A 3000 SERIES AT LAUNCH INSTEAD OF A 2000 SERIES OR LOWER THEN YOU CAN'T USE THAT MOTHERBOARD UNLESS THAT MOTHERBOARD COMES WITH A BIOS THAT SUPPORTS THE NEW 3000 SERIES OUT OF THE FACTORY. Problem is that you can't really tell unless they have a "ready for ryzen 3000" sticker plastered on it, which you can't see online. Places like microcenter will update the bios if you buy it in store iirc.  

If you want the 3000 series at launch, something like this is good:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/t797YJ/msi-b450-gaming-pro-carbon-ac-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-gaming-pro-carbon-ac

You can use for Ryzen 3000 at launch because of it's bios flashback feature.

List of all boards with it if you don't like that one, (but i suggest it because it has good vrms and heatsinks for it for its price):

https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bvfo57/list_of_b350_b450_x370_and_x470_motherboards_with/

For ram, that's pricey. I suggest something like this 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gLGxFT/crucial-ballistix-sport-lt-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-bls2k8g4d32aesbk

According to people who overclock it, it uses micron e-die which can overclock nearly as well as b dies from Samsung for a cheaper price.

Also according to AMD 3733 is apparently the sweet spot for memory, but as i said before wait for reviews about memory overclocking for the new Ryzen 3000, although i would assume it over clocks memory better and apparently ryzen will be less high memory restricted.

For Storage, those are fine.

GPU, wait for Navi to drop to see if Nvidia reduces rtx prices/releases the new "super" gpus to replace them, otherwise buy the gpu if you don't care

Case is fine

PSU, as others have said you can probably drop it lower in watts if you want to save money. But 850 watts is future proof.

Edited by MooTheCow

iWRtIsJ.jpg

Achievements