DaLaw

What is PR?

Posted  Edited by DaLaw - Edit Reason: Kinda stooopid

I've come across many people asking what the heck is Public Relations?

To make it simple there are three (technically four "roles") within PR.

1. Human Resources || Member Acceptors

2. Event Coordinators

3. Conflict Resolution

(Color does not represent role color)

Human Resources consists of accepting member applications and assisting newer players (whether it be them reaching out or PR reaching out)

@RivalRevival seemed to give me a more "professional" description, " Human Resources is a remake of the Member Acceptor role. So while they will still sort through any applications that the bot doesn't process due to bans, they now have other responsibilities such as solving conflict and complaints, giving advice if a member needs assistance, and overall being a helper/guidance to the general population "

Now Event Coordinators schedule events for the community. (Now that was self explanatory)

They schedule events in discords, on games, even on websites such as Pretend You're Xyzzy.

With this they post announcements a few days and maybe even a week before the event.

Oh boy this topic.. Conflict Resolution is in development. Currently there is nothing set in stone about this.

A short definition from my understanding would be this role is to step in if there is conflict whether it be with players, admins, and anyone else who may apply.

But the definition Rival gave me was, " this role is going to be an invention styled role where if there is a conflict between two people (or someone conflicting with themselves, i.e. depression, life events, etc) then a person or the manager if it's two staff can ask for a conflict resolution member then that's where they step in and try to take care of it to their fullest extent. It'll help people feel better, always give them an outlet, and will also allow managers give staff a second chance before having to take drastic measures with their admin."

Let's see where this role will take us.

The list of PR members:

Human Resources || Member Acceptors

Event Coordinators

Conflict Resolution

Edited by DaLaw
Kinda stooopid

GFL Ranks

[Former] Manager for Purge/DarkRP.                 

[Former] Manager for AWP 24/7

[Former] Senior Badmin for the old Purge.

[Former] Senior Badmin for the new Purge.             

[Former] Senior Admin for Hightower. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort 2

[Former] Human Resources.  

[Bans] Old Purge - 400+

[Joined] 2012-2013.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Worgee

Quite funny how I've very recently asked what PR even is anymore as "PR" isn't worked on in it's current state. Are there any plans of having PR as Roy originally intended it to be?

A way to obtain relationships with new communities and strengthen the current ones (if any are left at this time).
Increase publicity amongst other gamers and non-gamers through social medias and other interaction.

Use streaming and videos to "showcase" what GFL can bring individuals and sponsors.

Obtain sponsorships with firms that makes sense to partner with.

Tasks was mainly done with the help of other teams (Media team and event team) in order to provide a more professional look and content for the involved.

To be honest.

I don't quite understand the need for conflict resolution if "HR" is already dealing with conflicts, Moderators are dealing with conflicts and Manager+ is dealing with conflicts (all on different levels that would remove the need for "CR").

I understand that some would like to help others on a personal level. But under the name conflict resolution?

The entire role sounds like there's an issue between some managers and their admins. As if they are unable to handle situations that can occur in a correct manner and therefore you'd implement a part of "CR" to micro manage the managers decision on staff rather than letting CA deal with it if need be.

I really like that you (the team/GFL) want to help the lower ranks of the community but there's already a ton of tools in GFL that people have set up but is not used as intended. Seems to me as if people would prefer to deal with conflicts between the individuals rather than seek help.

I'd love to see people seek help for private matters such as depression, anxiety, having a bad day and so on. But should GFL really be using ressources on such a touchy subject if there are no professionals in the community willing to help? After all... one wrong word on intepretation can ruin someones life in such a state. Perhaps GFL could actively direct people to professionals maybe through a partnership with some clinics or similar? It's a lot to put name to helping depressed people if you are not professional and is also against the law in most countries (practicing such help).

I hope this doesn't come off in a negative way as I am simply wondering.

Edited by Worgee

Nerd

Achievements

1 hour ago, Worgee said:

I hope this doesn't come off in a negative way as I am simply wondering.

You're fine man!

The part about CR I totally agree with. (Like I said let's see where this goes)

I think Rival's goal was so it wasn't straight to a ban? Or something? Don't quote me on that.

On the Social Media part, it was removed because I believe it was "dead" (Again I am not totally sure)

In my honest opinion I think a lot of the PR things need to be thought over again but that is just my opinion.

GFL Ranks

[Former] Manager for Purge/DarkRP.                 

[Former] Manager for AWP 24/7

[Former] Senior Badmin for the old Purge.

[Former] Senior Badmin for the new Purge.             

[Former] Senior Admin for Hightower. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort 2

[Former] Human Resources.  

[Bans] Old Purge - 400+

[Joined] 2012-2013.

Achievements

I can fill in blanks, due to the fact i haven't been transparent on my plan lately. 

Social media was removed due to only one person being interested and them solely updating the twitter. Facebook and Instagram (idk why we had an instagram tbh) were never used and still are rarely touched. 

Streaming has been a MT thing for i think a solid year or so. 

CR is a very touchy and delicate process to work on. Yes, I do want it as a way to prevent losing staff with conflict, yes i do want it as a way for person to vent/expres themselves. But, it's use is not that practical as most will not use its services. Another issue is finding people who are trustworthy, careful with words, patient, and know how to effectively help others vent or speak freely without feeling like a burden or misguided. 

Thats why I'm continuing to brainstorm and work on it until it is settled into a useful, and balanced role. 

Disclaimer: our services in CR does not replace the need of legitimate therapy and is not to be used for emergency services. If you feel suicidal, there are many resources provided to you online and if the CR member decides that your case is severe, they will provide those services and should stop assistance. 

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

6 hours ago, RivalRevival said:

Streaming has been a MT thing for i think a solid year or so. 

It has indeed been a ROLE in MT but was never done by any of those with the role. I was the only person streaming during the week and while events were happening we had our own "experts" stream (For OW tournaments, CS:GO tournaments etc.)

It appears the last stream was 3 months ago according to twitch. I have no idea if Roy ever set up the affiliate deal with twitch as the account got affiliated after regularly streaming for about a month or so. Sad to see it not be used.

Nerd

Achievements

14 hours ago, Worgee said:

Quite funny how I've very recently asked what PR even is anymore as "PR" isn't worked on in it's current state. Are there any plans of having PR as Roy originally intended it to be?

A way to obtain relationships with new communities and strengthen the current ones (if any are left at this time).
Increase publicity amongst other gamers and non-gamers through social medias and other interaction.

Use streaming and videos to "showcase" what GFL can bring individuals and sponsors.

Obtain sponsorships with firms that makes sense to partner with.

This. While I was TL for media team I proposed many communities/servers we could partner with. I proposed getting a youtuber like Skeppy or Doni Boobs (2 big youtubers that play on the Skittle Minecraft server), so that we could grow the population in our MC servers. In the end, I don't think anyone really went to talk to any of the managers, I went and talked to them, and the main guy was just iffy about it, but then again I wasn't PR.

I also proposed raising our darkrp population with a big youtuber as well, getting someone like elite lupus to play on our servers, we currently have that one guy from the ze server (i forgot his name, but he's big). I wouldn't mind getting some of the donation money for payment to them so that it increases our population.

I'd like to know if there's any steps being taken into growing GFL in any ways.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Youtubers aren't really a way to go about it. We've had large scale youtubers on our csgo servers and they still hold same as usual pop. 

Worgee we're working on getting our stream team set up but there's an issue with lack of leadership and coordination with people who have access etc etc

10.png

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
3 hours ago, RivalRevival said:

Youtubers aren't really a way to go about it. We've had large scale youtubers on our csgo servers and they still hold same as usual pop. 

Worgee we're working on getting our stream team set up but there's an issue with lack of leadership and coordination with people who have access etc etc

Large scale youtubers do help pop. of a community... 

Here's how you basically bait the people in:

- pay to win - make it a decent amount, so people who donate have to stay once they do, or have a higher incentive to stay. Maybe not pay to win, but pay to have an advantage.

- offer giveaways, sponsorships, different things for youtubers to want to stay. Not something like perma vip or something small, but something of a bigger scale to make them want to stay.

- make sure they dont play on a shitty server. What I mean by this is: something like purge, purge was released in Beta, it wasn't even finished. Why was it released? To release something on a deadline unfinished is better than release something a couple days later, completely finished, ready to play & ready for SMs to find bugs & glitches, not for them to ask what people suggest should be done.

These are all things PR should focus on to gain more population per server, which should increase population for the community as a whole. Though I shouldn't have been working on it (wasn't my job), I was working on it as TL for Media Team, I contacted the right people, and had everything set up for the people of our community whose job that was to do that to just say "yes we would like a partnership with you". It never happened because no one from the PR team that I contacted at the time took up the offer. It's not an easy task to negotiate things, but it is rewarding.

Edited by TheSadBandit

4 hours ago, RivalRevival said:

Well who's leading PR and isn't doing their job then? (Not to come off rude as I honestly don't know who it is)

Wouldn't it be a fair solution to set up interviews for the community and let "everyone" have a larger number of interested people apply for the role. It could give some very fit candidates that wouldn't otherwise apply.
The leader position is more of a management position after all and while knowing a ton about the topics it isn't a complete must compared to managing the team and giving the proper tasks to the right people etc.

Nerd

Achievements

5 hours ago, RivalRevival said:

While you guys focus on that, you might want to get someone from media team to do the badges. Here you can see that the current ones are ugly as shit, no offense to whoever made them, but they definitely don't go with the formatting of the offline screen. Wouldn't be too hard, especially having someone like radify on the team, he's super skilled with photoshop, mf should become a graphic designer full time

@TheSadBandit - GFL will never have any purchasable advantages on any servers

I also made those in 5 mins on gimp cus Darkling wanted something simple to replace the last shitty ones

@Worgee I am currently leading PR as last leader went awol. I'm mentoring someone as well to take over once I finish revamping the PR system. However Darkling is the one who can set up stream access for MT in the role, and MT is still working on puling together a schedule. If this mentoree falls through, it will become an interview period for leader afterwards. Same with MT. As for filling in the roles, there is blueprints of a career day styled event to help populate teams once they're set up in a stable condition. 

10.png

Achievements

@TheSadBandit - GFL will never have any purchasable advantages on any servers

That's a rip, there's a couple of our servers that would thrive if this was a thing. RP & Minecraft to be specific. Unless Minecraft isn't the same survival/skyblock it was (I haven't connected onto it in ages). In RP: Buying perma guns, maybe adding a crate system that uses points, and people can buy points or earn them, smaller things like that, that make our servers different from all the others.

I also made those in 5 mins on gimp cus Darkling wanted something simple to replace the last shitty ones

Which is why it would be nice if someone from Media Team took the time to make some actual nice ones that go with the overall theme of the Twitch.