Bae

Moderation suggestion

Platforms referenced:

Forums

What this suggestion is about

Moderation practices
Guidelines

Suggestion:

I am not planning to report the entire thing since that'll be a hassle, but I think you guys should try to clear up some section. Remember that one time when there's like a bunch of duplicate threads or even posts due to the database that uhh nick mentioned that xy caused. So like... when you do have time... I'd suggest hiding or fixing those threads. For example, if you look at member activity: https://gflclan.com/forums/forum/8-member-activity/?page=36 their last page, there's a massive multiple of threads but when you click on them, it gives you an error. I also suggest locking those old threads especially those that's been way years ago. This is directed to any forums that doesn't have activity to the thread itself, due to if, like somehow... someone's just randomly posting... and randomly pops up a 2-3 years ago thread. Same goes for duplicate posts, let's take finnick's art thread for an example: 

there's like about 5 posts of the same thing.  

Guidelines

Okay, under the rule: https://gflclan.com/rules/forum-rules/

At the bottom, it leads to the guidelines, but it doesn't match with what was provided under the new changes: 

I mean it'll be nice to create or link to the proper guideline so players don't get confused to which one is correct and which one isn't. Since one is under moderation and the other is under the rules.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

8 hours ago, Bae said:

Guidelines

Okay, under the rule: https://gflclan.com/rules/forum-rules/

At the bottom, it leads to the guidelines, but it doesn't match with what was provided under the new changes: 

I mean it'll be nice to create or link to the proper guideline so players don't get confused to which one is correct and which one isn't. Since one is under moderation and the other is under the rules.

It does? They match.

As for the duplicate posts... :shrug: we deal with them as we find them. No one is going to do a deep clean of the forums because it would take weeks and quite frankly isn't necessary. If you report duplicate posts however, we'll deal with them.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

1 hour ago, Liloz01 said:

It does? They match.

As for the duplicate posts... :shrug: we deal with them as we find them. No one is going to do a deep clean of the forums because it would take weeks and quite frankly isn't necessary. If you report duplicate posts however, we'll deal with them.

eh, I tried moving some but they gave me an error :(

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

8 hours ago, Pyros said:

eh, I tried moving some but they gave me an error :(

...what error? What posts? Why are you moving instead of hiding? 

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

4 hours ago, Liloz01 said:

...what error? What posts? Why are you moving instead of hiding? 

The ones at the end of where bae linked, and moving them as they were hidden 

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png