Potti

Transparency Player Models [Updated 2022/02/21]

On 8/15/2019 at 5:56 PM, Potti said:

Updated 2021/01/08

These packs add distance based transparency to human player models so they don't block your vision and you can see other things going on in the map easier.

csgo_2021-01-08_17-22-46.thumb.jpg.cd6d347cb3c15c4129fafdfc94a2cb36.jpg

This does not modify actual game files, so you don't have to worry about a VAC or server ban.

Pack Downloads

Standard Transparency Pack (0.007 transparency scale, 5% minimum opacity)

Strong Transparency Pack (0.004 transparency scale, 0% minimum opacity)

How to Apply it?

Copy the "materials" folder in the pack to "%yoursteamlocation%\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo"

IF YOU WERE NOT PROMPTED TO REPLACE FILES, YOU DID NOT COPY INTO THE RIGHT FOLDER (or you've never played on the server before?)

Credits

@Potti - Original transparency pack

@Vauff - Updating the pack

@lce - Team proxy

please help me ffs, i dropped it at the exact place as mentioned but it doesnt works!!

On 1/22/2021 at 12:11 PM, therealfrosty said:

please help me ffs, i dropped it at the exact place as mentioned but it doesnt works!!

If you did not get a notification that those files existed and you were over writing them, you put them in the wrong folder.

How to Apply it?

Copy the "materials" folder in the pack to "%yoursteamlocation%\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo"

IF YOU WERE NOT PROMPTED TO REPLACE FILES, YOU DID NOT COPY INTO THE RIGHT FOLDER (or you've never played on the server before?)

• 2 months later...
  • Vauff changed the title to Transparency Player Models [Updated 2021/06/08]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by ChicagoBen
16 hours ago, koen said:

Toggle Hide Modification:

So one thing that some players, including myself, have wanted on the server was !hide plugin. Unfortunately, adding such plugin would cause severe lag on the server. After seeing what @Potti @Vauff and @lce have done with the transparency packs, I realized that it could be possible to mimic !hide via transparent textures.

happy escaping 🙂

This is one of those posts that either needs to be paired with the pinned post or its own major post tbh.  

Also do we need to update this advance pack after every model update in gfl? If so its another reason this post should be paired with the main post. 

Edited by ChicagoBen

• Vauff changed the title to Transparency Player Models [Updated 2022/02/21]
Posted  Edited by GoGo
On 6/23/2021 at 7:45 AM, koen said:

Toggle Hide Modification:

After seeing what  @lce did with his Client Side Hide Plugin, I attempted to recreate it with the models. After getting help from Ice several times (sorry for spamming you xD), he was able to remake something similar to hide where you can toggle hide mode on and off via ConVars and aliases.  After showing it to some people, it became apparent that quite a few people want this. So I've decided to share what Ice made and all the files I used.

Demo Video: Hide Toggle demonstration via Transparency Textures

Download Link: Advanced Hide Toggle Transparency Pack

(You must use the above download link to replace the existing transparency models as the above download includes the toggle feature)

Installation Instructions (For those that don't read the readme.txt in the pack):

1. Copy the "materials" folder to "%yoursteamlocation%\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo"
    *IF YOU WERE NOT PROMPTED TO REPLACE FILES, YOU DID NOT COPY INTO THE RIGHT FOLDER (or you've never played on the server before?)

2.  Next up, you want to go to your cfg folder @ "%yoursteamlocation%\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg" and look for a file named "autoexec.cfg" (not all players have it. If not there, just create a new .cfg file and name it autoexec.cfg)

3. You want to add the following lines to your autoexec config file. It is crucial that you put this in your autoexec file as the actual toggling hide function relies on this:
    //GFL toggle hide via transparency alias

setinfo hide_dist 0.5			//create fake cvar for hide distance
    					//the number is the distance, -1 disables transparency, higher number means larger range

bind z "hideToggle"			//sets z to the button for the transparency toggles, *YOU CAN EDIT IT YOURSELF*

alias "hideToggle"   "hideOn"
    alias "hideOn"       "setinfo hide_dist 999; alias hideToggle hideMed" //full hide 
    alias "hideMed"      "setinfo hide_dist 1.5; alias hideToggle hideOff" //close range transparency
    alias "hideOff"      "setinfo hide_dist -1; alias hideToggle hideOn"   //transparency disabled

4. Open your steam library and right click on csgo, press properties and then modify launch options. Add "+exec autoexec.cfg" to your llaunch option so it always executes autoexec.cfg whenever you start your game so the aliases are stored/loaded.

5. If you followed all the steps correctly, just load into GFL and press "Z" (or whatever key you set it to) and it should automatically
    cycle through all the hide modes

# CUSTOMIZATION - Not needed but up to you

There are a few things you can do to customize/edit it to your needs / taste

1. Modify "bind z "hideToggle"" to whatever key you want to toggle hide. I just use Z since it's easy to reach

2. You can modify the range of the normal transparency by either increasing or decreasing the number in the line:
    alias "hideMed"      "setinfo hide_dist 1.5; alias hideToggle hideOff"
    Just set the number to whatever you want (I'd recommend 0.5 - 5 since anything larger than 5 would pretty much hide everyone in a huge area)

3. If you want to have it just toggle between 2 modes (hide / no hide), then just replace the 3 aliases with these 2 aliases:
    alias "hideOn"       "setinfo hide_dist 999; alias hideToggle hideOff" //full hide 
    alias "hideOff"      "setinfo hide_dist -1; alias hideToggle hideOn"   //transparency disabled

This will make it only toggle between hide enabled and disabled, though you can edit the 2nd line and change "-1" to any number you want if you want it to be normal transparency.

Hope this can help some of you guys. I suck at explaining what I did so if you need help just @ me on discord

happy escaping 🙂

Very usefull @koen
Can you provide the lines of code that enable the feature so we can paste it to any model ?

Edited by GoGo

• 5 months later...