kaizy

Introducing: GFL eSports

It doesn't need to be money. If you look at etf2l the team who came first got a spec ks kit for a weapon as the class they played. It doesn't have to be anything expensive.

Idk about csgo, but im sure if a buch of the communities worked together they could do something that isn't to expensive.

We don't want an olympics, just a little bit of fun. Although it could get somewhat costly in the long run.

Idk, this is just a small idea, the likely hood of the communities getting together in the first place is quite small, and then the question would be, which communities?

1 minute ago, DankMoose said:

It doesn't need to be money. If you look at etf2l the team who came first got a spec ks kit for a weapon as the class they played. It doesn't have to be anything expensive.

Idk about csgo, but im sure if a buch of the communities worked together they could do something that isn't to expensive.

We don't want an olympics, just a little bit of fun. Although it could get somewhat costly in the long run.

Idk, this is just a small idea, the likely hood of the communities getting together in the first place is quite small, and then the question would be, which communities?

What we want is the Olympics. 

Let's find the best of the best. 

Anyway, the ideal goal would be to bring more awareness to Community Servers on CSGO.

"Be good people"

16 minutes ago, Major_Push said:

Honestly, GFL should team up with some other communities to host yearly tournaments for things like BHopping and Surfing.

i will uhh ill help out for surf 

Just now, Major_Push said:

What we want is the Olympics. 

Let's find the best of the best.

Yeah, but we don't want something that's too expensive, which is what im trying to imply.

Yes, we do want to find the best out of our communities, but we don't want to spend a lot of money on prizes. As mentioned by Cypher.

1 minute ago, DankMoose said:

Yeah, but we don't want something that's too expensive, which is what im trying to imply.

Yes, we do want to find the best out of our communities, but we don't want to spend a lot of money on prizes. As mentioned by Cypher.

Eh.

Just have a small buy in cost of like a 5 cent item. Then just consolidate all of the guns and sell them to buy better things like keys which can be given out for prizes.

Plus, if we get at least 3 decently sized communities involved then we can easily raise at least one hundred dollars. Or we can talk to those other communities and work out giving out some free VIP/Supporter ranks for prizes.

"Be good people"

Not 100% about the money, but I like making sure everyone understands that people want prizes, and we are NOT going to take donation money to host things like this. That's essentially taking money from the kids to buy nice things for the big bois.

Just now, Cypher said:

Not 100% about the money, but I like making sure everyone understands that people want prizes, and we are NOT going to take donation money to host things like this. That's essentially taking money from the kids to buy nice things for the big bois.

Oh yeah.

It would be stupid wasting donation money for tournaments. We need that money to run the servers. lmao

"Be good people"

Posted  Edited by DankMoose

I'd really enjoy making a highlander etf2l team, I feel like it'd be an awesome experience for the participants.

Even if we don't do too well.

But if we did, we could go into the higher leagues and then I think there is a small cash prize for the top of platinum, but that's like B4nny level xd

Either way, I think making competitive teams within gfl is a great idea, whether we do it as a competition between communities, or as GFL playing against randies.

That's my personal thought to it. I think we need to spread our name and expand through the competitive ranks as a force to be reckoned with. 

Edited by DankMoose

24 minutes ago, Major_Push said:

Honestly, GFL should team up with some other communities to host yearly tournaments for things like BHopping and Surfing.

I support this. Seriously.

We should gather all communities from CS:S, CS:GO, and TF2 and do all competitions, which I would imagine to call "eOlympics". The competitions would include BHop, Surf, Competitive, CTF, Conquest, Payload, and other stuff. Of course, the real issue is that how we're going to end up finding all dedicated people for these events to set up servers, streaming and others and the money we'd get.

76561198043643390.png

3 minutes ago, Benroyjam said:

We should gather all communities from CS:S, CS:GO, and TF2 and do all competitions, which I would imagine to call "eOlympics". The competitions would include BHop, Surf, Competitive, CTF, Conquest, Payload, and other stuff. Of course, the real issue is that how we're going to end up finding all dedicated people for these events to set up servers, streaming and others and the money we'd get.

Well, that's where talking to other communities comes in.

Our server managers are probably more than willing to help out with setting up servers. Their managers are probably willing to set up other servers for gamemodes that our community doesn't have.

As for getting people to know about it, we could always just hit up the mods at r/CSGO to see if we can advertise it over there. The main problem is really just coordinating it since depending on how big such a thing would be it could take weeks or months to set up. Anyway, we can always do something small if we don't feel like doing anything large. 

Also, I feel like we should make a separate thread to discuss this since this thread was more about the CSGO eSports team than anything else.

"Be good people"

1 hour ago, DankMoose said:

we need a tf2 comp team.

WE NEED IT. And we could enter Etf2l, like @Imulion did this season and came 2ND with his team!

I really think this would be an awesome idea.

yeah, I also think it would be a great idea, at first I was thinking of a Leauge of legends team, maybe.

32 minutes ago, kaizy said:

yeah, I also think it would be a great idea, at first I was thinking of a Leauge of legends team, maybe.

I just got out of bronze. Put me in coach.

Just now, Major_Push said:

Or a DoTA 2 team.

We can get @Deltacommander on there. topkek

DoTA2 also sounds likea fantastic idea. 

1 minute ago, Dogger said:

I just got out of bronze. Put me in coach.

Not sure if bronze is good or bad, I dont play LoL much, but taking a guess.. haha feelsbadman

3 hours ago, Benroyjam said:

Everything about this idea is absolutely lovely. Challenging other  clans in a Olympics. Not only would we be competing for pride and game skill. We csn aldo play on each others servers and see who hosts the smoother server. I feel like we need to do some more recruiting before we embsrk on this adventure

Billboards

Put up a poster by gamestop

Tag the website on a graffiti wall

Make small businesses csrds and distribute them to gamers on the go 

Return gsmes to gsmestop with a folded note with our website snd a breif description 

• 2 months later...