Rena

GMOD Imperial RP

Posted  Edited by Bae

@DaLaw see. It's PrisonRP vs ImperialRP now. I don't really care which one happens since they're both kind of similar not really just kind of... 

I pinged you because you're the RP Manager who doesn't even have a server yet 😂 I like both of them since although it's not Auschwitz rp but it's at least better than purge or generic DarkRP

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I fully support this idea honestly. I enjoyed  playing on the old server, but I was more into Purge at the time. I see no problem on trying this again because it is something new, better chance of competing with other servers, and more

However, just like Mejilla said. PLEASE take time on the server to make it perfect. That will be the difference of a successful server or a failed server. 

1 hour ago, Bae said:

I pinged you because you're the RP Manager who doesn't even have a server yet 😂

I don't know how to feel about this statement.

Currently the server is in development so I don't understand why this was brought up.

Anyways, if this has a lot of support I would love to help out with it.
BUT I know Roy and I have discussed RP's recently.
We agree that it would probably be best to start with DarkRP and branch out. (Currently this is in the works.)
There may be a lot of support behind Imperial or JediRP but it all boils down to who is actually willing to help.

If this is brought into consideration these things should be discussed:

-An ACTIVE manager
-What will make it unique/different

-A set event schedule

- Some other things but I'm kind of busy to write out a handful.

Again this is my fast thinking and not a whole developed reply.

GFL Ranks

[Former] Manager for Purge/DarkRP.                 

[Former] Manager for AWP 24/7

[Former] Senior Badmin for the old Purge.

[Former] Senior Badmin for the new Purge.             

[Former] Senior Admin for Hightower. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort 2

[Former] Human Resources.  

[Bans] Old Purge - 400+

[Joined] 2012-2013.

Achievements

2 hours ago, Bae said:

@DaLaw see. It's PrisonRP vs ImperialRP now. I don't really care which one happens since they're both kind of similar not really just kind of... 

I pinged you because you're the RP Manager who doesn't even have a server yet 😂 I like both of them since although it's not Auschwitz rp but it's at least better than purge or generic DarkRP

The concept or PrisonRP and ImperialRP are completely different. They just have RP at the end. PrisonRP is like DarkRP in a prison lol

jitticus

19 hours ago, Mejilla said:

I’m not going to sit here and type out a long response on it, but if it is even in the slightest being considered, they need to take their time with setting it up and then releasing it.

Look at Purge. It was released again when it wasn’t at the ready stage. It had it’s very good days, but after that it just died out and now we’re here. 

The time needs to be put into it so basically make it perfect. Makes everything a lot easier :P 

That's because they announced a server release date. The server wasn't ready by the release date because most of the "beta testers" were playing purge instead of beta testing the plugins and making sure things worked correctly. The gamemode Purge is also a disaster, if you check Gmod gamemodes and search "purge" not many active servers come up.

I still remain with the same server idea I had before. Create a NORMAL DarkRP server. Have custom plugins for it, and make it p2w. People love p2w, though many in our community don't. There's different servers where p2w would be beneficial, and others where it wouldn't. I'd love the idea to have a purge server where people can buy perma guns (I'm broke as fuck, but I'd find the money to buy these), maybe buy special edition guns, and different things that make our server different from others. The addition of printers. People love printers, it's an easy way to make fast money. That is why you make it so the printer is good for an X amount of hours, where it makes enough money to buy the next money-making strategy. Also making jobs that don't require players to make money (mining/logging). Join any DarkRP server that is banked with players, and then tell me how many of these aren't p2w.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

3 hours ago, Bae said:

I like PrisonRP over ImperialRP

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

You guys took my statement too seriously. I'm saying that maybe you (dalaw) can help with the setting up of the server. But somehow you all read that as a statement of an attack. I didn't read a single thing Allie posted since that's a huge essay for me to read on a phone. All I read is suggesting of a new server and how you wanted imperial rp to be made due to the system it provides and how it's similar to star wars rp. I only suggested that I don't mind what server RP, as long as it's not the basic purge RP and DarkRp.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I absolutely loved the server I was even a admin for it but some admins they had were real kids asses and not laid back and kinda brought down the server that way. Anytime we tried to do something a little fun they got pissed Rick did a great job managing it but you need to have a admin team that doesn’t abuse and are serious but still laid back no one wants to get on a game and get yelled at for having a little fun. I like the idea but I don’t think it will last long personally there’s too much competition and we would need something really special to separate us from the competition and that takes a lot of time and money.

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

And also it was hard to keep players when half the server would harass new players when they just join in the server. When I join a server and I’m immediately harassed I tend to leave said server.

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

19 hours ago, Bae said:

I didn't read a single thing Allie posted since that's a huge essay for me to read on a phone.

You really should've because it's completely unrelated :/

original.gif

Achievements

• 2 weeks later...

If a CWRP or Imperial RP server were to be made, there has to be a standard for quality events. Back then, most events weren't exactly complex or engaging. It usually went like "There is an objectice you must complete and there is an obstacle in the way". You bring up a lot of great points/ideas. One thing that I felt was lacking in the previous servers was the implementation of a squad system.

Events could utilize a squad system where each squad has to complete a certain objective. For example, Squad Alpha has to blow up a facility, Squad Bravo has to establish comms and Squad Charlie would assist if needed. Events shouldn't have the entire playerbase do one objective, they should have multiple groups complete tasks that would make the mission successful. That way, if some Squads fail, the mission can still be a success if the primary objective was complete. Ex: Squad Alpha was able to blow up a facility but Bravo was unable to establish comms.

Ever since I saw this post, I started coming up with ideas for events that could meet this standard. One idea went like this:

The operation is a direct assault on Geonosis. To get to Geonosis, you have to get through the blockade. To get through, you have to disable/destroy the enemy ships, and you must defend your own ship (The Venator). Certain Clones could pilot fighters and bombers (hopefully using the LFS add-on because it has AI aircraft) and others could copilot or take the gunner. Once all ships are destroyed, they land on Geonosis. There would be three Squads (Depending on the population): Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie. Alpha would enter a Droid facility and destroy it, while Bravo needs to disrupt enemy comms by destroying a radio dish thing. Charlie would then establish air superiority by deploying AA guns. If Alpha needs backup, Bravo or Charlie would assist them. Once the facility is destroyed, all Squads would regroup and fly out. The mission is a success if the facility is destroyed, and a complete success if the other objectives were completed.

It might sound complicated to a game master, but as a former GM I think it's possible. Basically, events need to have a standard in quality because the most important factor in these events is how engaging and fun they are to the playerbase.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I could list some add-ons that weren't available during the previous server and are extremely beneficial to events.

[LFS] Planes: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1571918906

This is a fantastic add-on that adds SW ships that are actually fun to pilot AND it has AI. This means that we can finally have ground to air/space battles! Not only that, there's also a bunch of community add-ons for LFS, including AA guns and turrets.  It also recently added the LAAT with actual turrets. Absolutely superior to SW: Vehicles and WAC.

BIG NOTE: This add-on will NOT work with Gmod Legs 3 and Enhanced Camera. These will break the camera when piloting a ship

Vanilla's Hyperspace Tool: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1868459587

Another great add-on for events that add immersion. Instead of just spawning a giant ship out of no where, it actually makes it so when you spawn a ship, it comes out of hyperspace! It also has a bunch of configurable options like the height and if there's AI. This add-on can also save presets, making it much easier for events.

Aura's LFS Repair Droid [SWRP]: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1775299799

Not absolutely necessary but makes it easier to repair LFS vehicles. A simple add-on. You land a damaged ship next to it and the droid repairs and stocks it.

Aura's LFS Flight Radar [SWRP]: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1875633201

This add-on allows players on the ground to see what's going on in the air through a holographic radar. Incredibly useful and super cool to use. AND it works even when permapropped.

Aura's SWRP Mega-pack [SWRP]: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1782455613&tscn=1570139494

This is a big one. The main part of this pack is AI Capital Ships. Right now, it's only the Acclamator and Munificent. Essentially, these ships can target hostiles with their turrets, and fighters can blow them up. So much better than a static vehicle that's there for aesthetics. This add-on also adds ammo drops through the head-crab canister, Droidekas (Doesn't really work much at the moment), and an AI AAT (Only sits still at the moment but shoots at hostiles).

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements