Roy

[6-12-16] A Quick Update

Hidden

Neat.

As for dead servers, perhaps we should consider enforcing a quota system for the admins (they need to play at least 2 hours a day or something like that) to try and spark activity. Since their servers are going to be cut either way due to inactivity, I don't think it should be that big of a deal to enforce a quota system. There's no point in being admin on a dead server. 

"Be good people"

Hidden
1 minute ago, Major_Push said:

Neat.

As for dead servers, perhaps we should consider enforcing a quota system for the admins (they need to play at least 2 hours a day or something like that) to try and spark activity. Since their servers are going to be cut either way due to inactivity, I don't think it should be that big of a deal to enforce a quota system. There's no point in being admin on a dead server. 

What about for people who have to admin multiple servers it'd be hard for some of them to keep the quota 

<THIS USER HAD AN ANNOYING SIGNATURE, IT'S NOW IN A SPOILER>

R.I.P Gmod ZS 2014-2018

GMOD ZS OG

c6c959634adaff8b1b4df8f4fd743d72.png

b599ee4ad47f1929ff3eb31bf0d6ffbc.png

18c28a36f5d161ecba3ceb703a6a5186.png

ee0fc2a2faac66045777c8f563d7b07b.png

391313c439633063bfd88624b537bce5.png

b218783e39a976e113c3d1a050aefd05.png

d4c86f348320d6b54ab330f0b759b3ab.png

8e3c5cd80f8c448917615b3a8c4eadf1.png

World record? 

7dcf88478a576aa6e168a9307b85cba5.png

Posted  Edited by FloppyDisk - Edit Reason: Added more stuff · Hidden
Hidden
16 minutes ago, OHfficial said:

What about for people who have to admin multiple servers it'd be hard for some of them to keep the quota 

Then they shouldn't be taking as much work and resign from some, being admin for 3 or more servers just seems like too much for 1 person, especially if they have something going on in their life. This is also just my opinion though so whatever.

EDIT:

Some Admins I realized would say "well there isn't anyone on so there is no way I can admin". There is ways you can admin by even sitting on the server or inviting friends onto the server. Even if there is no one on in the beginning, that doesn't mean you can't at the least try to populate the server and help it.

Edited by FloppyDisk
Added more stuff

mISAKA.PNG.7ae08e296fce84289eed8af14dfeb020.PNG

Hidden
5 minutes ago, FloppyDisk said:

Then they shouldn't be taking as much work and resign from some, being admin for 3 or more servers just seems like too much for 1 person, especially if they have something going on in their life. This is also just my opinion though so whatever.

I agree if you do not have the time to admin 3+ servers then resign, let the manager higher new people... I mean you are end up going to be demoted sooner or later for being inactive.

I'm the cs:s Division Leader

feel free to ask for help

Hidden
49 minutes ago, OHfficial said:

Well, if the server's gonna be cut then what's the difference?

Either the admins work together to prevent it from being cut or they don't and it gets cut.

"Be good people"

Hidden
55 minutes ago, Major_Push said:

Neat.

I suggested this 3 years ago when I started. It's easy to ask admins to get on a few mandatory hours per week. Role calls would weed out active and non active admins. 

As far as the money thing goes, I got drunk and donated 50 bucks. Everyone else should do their part too by drinking and giving money to GFL. 

Hidden
2 hours ago, Major_Push said:

#AdBasedDonatorGiveaways

stuff like this be nice but then you have to have someone run it, as I'm sure Roy has no time atm.

we need to work out what parks they will get and for how long, and make sure it's a few winners so people have a bigger shot (can also mean more will join as if we do just 1 not many are going to do is what is the point if you have a less shot at winning)...

I'm the cs:s Division Leader

feel free to ask for help

Posted  Edited by SwegBuster · Hidden
Hidden
17 minutes ago, Thomasdavid097 said:

stuff like this be nice but then you have to have someone run it, as I'm sure Roy has no time atm.

we need to work out what parks they will get and for how long, and make sure it's a few winners so people have a bigger shot (can also mean more will join as if we do just 1 not many are going to do is what is the point if you have a less shot at winning)...

Why not make the mods run it? I mean it could be based off of the website anyways right? Then the mods give managers certain codes for giveaways. If we reach a so amount we would give away a code, if we reach another amount we will give away two or more and so on.

I like the idea.

We could also do this with servers, which might actually boost population again. At least with events.

Edited by SwegBuster

swegbuster1.png

Hidden
3 hours ago, Cypher said:

I suggested this 3 years ago when I started. It's easy to ask admins to get on a few mandatory hours per week. Role calls would weed out active and non active admins. 

As far as the money thing goes, I got drunk and donated 50 bucks. Everyone else should do their part too by drinking and giving money to GFL. 

I'm fine with per week.  I cannot commit to per day though (what Major Push had suggested in his post).

I was with another place that use to have "Activity Check" threads where they gave everyone a month to post at least once in the thread.  I don't think it would amaze you guys that the inactive people were always weeded out anyways, and active people always got the word somehow or made it through; this also worked out for people with insane schedules like my own.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Hidden

@Roy Where's our invitation to your graduation?

But anyways, is there any way we can donate without getting perks? Because I would like that option to be able to donate just to help the community and server itself. If there is an option, I can't find it.

@Thomasdavid097 I'm hoping I'm getting this right. If not oh well, TTT 24/7 MC [Gmod] used to do this sort of giveaway where players have to apply for membership or donate to receive a giveaway code of some sort. @Major_Push might remember this. We somehow got a lot of member apps and donations. Like you get a better chance if you're a donator, something like that.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Hidden
2 hours ago, Bae said:

@Roy Where's our invitation to your graduation?

But anyways, is there any way we can donate without getting perks? Because I would like that option to be able to donate just to help the community and server itself. If there is an option, I can't find it. this. 

This is coming in the next update to gfldonations application. If you just want to help now just go ahead and buy VIP, as you are VIP already it won't overwrite anything.

Posted  Edited by CrusTi · Hidden
Hidden

Sweet @Roy, Thanks for the information. I am thrilled to finally see that the Shop will be coming back sometime soon, its been a long time since a shop was used in CSGO. I am also looking forward to the changes in GFL.

@denros Nice, I have been planning on donating since school got out know that I can make some money. Since I don't feel the need for the perks because I only play on a select number of servers, I think the donations without perks is a great idea. I will be looking forward to these upcoming updates.

13 hours ago, Roy said:

Cleanup & Organization

After we get all the servers moved over to the new databases and such, Server Managers+ should go through and cleanup each server they manage.

@Sleazoid ^ I am counting on you to do this :)

Edited by CrusTi