Lunar Blade

Possible Following Rule

Possible Following Rule Options  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should we implement a following rule?

• No, keep things how they are.
    • Yes! 3 warnings, 5 seconds in between to KOS.
    • Yes! 2 warnings, 10 seconds in between to KOS.
    • Yes! 2 warnings, 5 seconds in between to KOS.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 03:00 PM

Posted  Edited by Lunar Blade

Hey guys! So, I know there have been multiple complaints about people constantly following, and being able to do nothing about it. So, I've decided to start gathering some opinions on whether or not this rule should be added. Please explain why you choose what you do! The more persuasive you are, the better chance we have of getting a rule implemented that benefits the whole server. 

Thanks!

Edited by Lunar Blade

I think the rule for following would be nice to deal with people who intentionally Target others to get on their nerves (e.i trolls). So 2 warnings with 10 seconds in between is enough and gives the person being Targeted a chance to deter the guy following them, and since it's 20 seconds for a KOS, it shouldn't affect Ts trying to get close to someone. Nobody really likes being followed to be annoyed and depending on who you are, it happens x5 more than the normal player which can really bother anyone.
Something like that, yes.

AddArtwork2.png.f1e28dd7db4707522a0617eace324fef.png

Achievements

Agreed with Adversary, 2 warnings with 10 secs between each then KOS, as you can technically claim that the warnings take 5 secs to say, then it's just insta warning after each other

Achievements

Posted  Edited by _Rocket_

I would personally suggest against this. It's a little too easy to abuse. Could result in people purposely following just to piss people off and make them (the person being followed) lose karma.

Now you might argue "what about the blocking rule?". It's a lot more boring spamming e on a door or standing still. So it's less likely someone will try to block you. It will sometimes happen. But it is a rare occurrence. When someone wants to be malicious, they will usually try to find the easiest thing to abuse so they can be malicious for as long as possible before getting punished. When something is really boring (like standing still and blocking someones way), it may turn them away, leading them to try and find something more fun to do. This rule could be that next best thing for them.

It can be "fun" to some people to just follow others. In fact, it could be how some play the game. You can still kill any traitors that try to kill you as you follow someone, and best case, you'll kill the person you follow. Anyone who is malicious could actually have fun constantly following people. This can result in RDM, and possibly a lot of it.

I think keeping things as is would be better. I know some people are followed often. But this way it may prevent any malicious or abusive behavior. At least that's how I see it.

Edited by _Rocket_

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

Posted  Edited by Nara Knight

When I was a Admin on my old ttt server we had the rule that you can kill the person following you if you said in text chat 3 time 5 sec apart to stop following I think it's a good rule to have to prevent people for targeting but I also think that a 2 warning with 5 sec is a better option but you have to be sure the person is following you 

Edited by Nara Knight

Posted  Edited by Kettermelon

i don't really like this rule because on some maps there is areas where you can only go one way, and people could abuse that rule just to get a free pass to kill you even if you where unintentionally following them, but then again half the time someone is following its because they want to stab/kill you so i guess 2 warnings with 10 seconds in between would be the best option as its easier to tell the time between the warnings

Edited by Kettermelon

kat.png.309b68b377e0f8438a3520f5959a56d0.png

Achievements

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to go ahead and close this poll a little early. It seems that keeping the rules as it is wins. Out of 24 votes, 10 were to keep things as they are. That's enough that even though technically 14 votes were to add the rule, not a single variant of the rule was agreed on so things will remain how they are. 

Thanks for your participation. I'll be doing another Poll in the future, hopefully we can get the same amount, if not more participation in the next one!