Roy

Discord Server Growth + Tracker (Custom Project)

Hey everyone,

Recently, we added Discord integration to our GMod servers that will allow our players to join the GFL Official Discord server and get 5000 PointShop points afterwards. Ever since this was added to our GMod servers, our Discord server has been seeing A LOT of new people. I'd say around 60 - 100 new users daily (and for a while, only GMod Prop Hunt alone was bringing in that many).

We have a future project in development that will allow us to do the same thing for SourceMod-enabled servers (e.g. CS:S, CS:GO, and TF2) along with Rust and Minecraft. However, that is something for in the future. With that said, it probably won't be as effective since you can't open up the Discord link in-game, but we'll still allow syncing somehow, etc.

Anyways, at this point, I'm starting to believe we may see around 10K+ members in 5 months from now which is honestly awesome! As we expand into GMod and finish the project mentioned above, I believe we're going to see high daily join counts :)

This gave me the idea of making a project to track the Discord member count and put it down in a table and graph. That was my project for the day and while the Discord API was a little bit harder to mess with than I remembered along with learning Highcharts all over again, I was able to get it mostly done today :)

You can find the tracker here. It's also running off of one of my VMs not associated with GFL.

It's looking very well so far! If you select the table version, you can hit the "Add Projections" button which will add three rows at the top which are guessing what the Discord server population will be at the specific dates (a week, month, and year from now). Unfortunately, until we have enough data, some of these will remain the same (we'll have to get over a year's worth of data to make everything work).

We are tracking the Discord Server's member count hourly by the way (besides the first few data entries which I needed for testing).

Here's a to-do list that I will be more than likely implementing soon:

• Add projections in automatically to the chart (with a new line color).
  • Add projections automatically into the table instead of having to hit a button.
  • Add SSL/HTTPs.

I hope everyone enjoys and let's see if we'll hit 10K+ members in 5 months or so :) 

Thank you!

• Roy pinned this topic
Hidden

No, the ultimate goal is to get so many people to join at once it makes the discord servers crash.

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

I've added a separate chart for projections. It calculates a point every 7 days for the next year. It doesn't look cool now because we still need additional data. In a week, this should look solid :)

I've also made it so the projections button adds the same amount of entries as the chart does.

Also, a bit more clarification. The second select box on the website represents the period the projection data is based off of. So for example, with the last week being selected, it will base the projection data off of the base data in the past week.

Thanks!

Hidden

This could benefit for Team Fortress 2 to help  bring player to our fresh new servers (Turbine, High Tower 2 & 3, Trade Server)

Achievements

I made a change this morning. The way the projections were calculated weren't right, so I changed that. Now they're populated and based off of the current data we have.

1477-11-25-2019-cKdHYQmY.png

At the current rate, we'll be hitting over 40K members in a year from now which is very impressive in my opinion.

http://dsgraph.gflclan.com/

Thanks!