Blast

Banned for 10,000 minutes?

Your In-Game Name: Blast

Your Steam ID:  76561198829006482

Mute Reason and Length: 10,000+ minutes for "phone call ty"

Admin That Muted You: Someone named loco apparently, or so I'm told. I don't know his name because I don't know all the admins.

Appeal Reason: I've been muted continuously by admins who never hear both sides of the story and always go against me. I have had people verbally abuse me in the chat and talking, and the admins do nothing. Regardless, I didn't make an account on this website because I knew my thread would be locked and my appeals wouldn't be granted.

However, this is just plain stupid.

I've been muted 11 times, most of my mutes come from back-to-back mutes because the "admins think I'm trolling" despite only being told I'm trolling by the people who verbally abuse me. 

I got a phone call from a state outside of my own, I live in the United States, and I knew it was a scam phone call. I played 3-4 seconds of the phone call talking about my warranty, then said "no" and hung up. Then I questioned why they would call me in the voice chat. THEN I WAS MUTED FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK.

Of course, I'm fuming. However, some dude dropped the N-word 5 minutes earlier and got a 30 minute mute. And another dude spammed the chat with Arabic language, and got 15 minutes. But me attempting to bring comedy for 3-4 seconds = a week mute? I'm sorry, WHAT?!

Again, I'm against going to the forums, because every time I do an appeal on any kind of forum, it's always been denied. Since the admins who look at the forums are typically the same ones who mute me....

Again, I'm not sorry for trying to be funny. I'm only here to bring up some fucking admin abuse and to bring light some verbal abuse I receive every time I join the server. 

My last punishment was 30 minutes... how does that "STACK" to 10k?!

Have a wonderful day.

Posted  Edited by Loco

1. You were told by admins and other players to stop talking about political stuff.
  2. Flaming&baiting others into political stuff
  3. No one asked you to listen your phone call
  4. Mute does stack 

Well since I realized last longest mute was 2 hours, I will be lowering to 1440 (a day) for now.

Edited by Loco

Posted  Edited by Blast

I wasn't instigating anything, loco. You cannot use "political matters" for a punishment that doesn't refer to political matters. You can't use "oh you also did this" as a way to punish me for something that has nothing to do with that. 

I told people to be reasonable and I attempted to explain to that person a different point, I also told multiple people to stop replying to him as well, since he clearly wanted attention. 

I never baited anyone into a political discussion, I never asked people to join in. I just simply replied to what mumu was saying and I told others to not reply to his bait. 

If you know so well about what I did, then why didn't you know that? Did you not hear me repeat myself multiple times to stop replying to that guy?

I find it concerning that an admin uses other one-sided examples to justify a mute despite it having nothing to do with the actual mute itself. 

Then again, i'm glad you reduced the mute, but i'm still loathing that I was even muted at all to begin with.

Edited by Blast

12 minutes ago, Blast said:

he clearly wanted attention.

12 minutes ago, Blast said:

I just simply replied to what mumu was saying and I told others to not reply to his bait.

Just don't fall for the bait in the first place and let admins handle things.

The biggest issue is that you...

Try to lead zombies as a zombie when try hard maps are on which is frowned upon (comms can become cluttered)

Try to lead on try hard maps and it's clear that you have no clue what to do aside from "fall back" >> "defend" when mechanics are in play

Or there's a leader already.

This leads to you getting muted as you're potentially causing 10+ CT deaths after we warn you to stop.

We've ask that you come to the forums to talk about it which you've refused to do until now (welcome).

I can explain my mute onto you which was only 5 mins to get your attention to relax. You can get hypy as a zombie but don't continuously dump gallons of gasoline to fuel chaos in the server.

OP's Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:434370377

According to your Sourceban's records, it seems you have been muted the total of twelve times within two months, all with similar reasons ie;

- false commanding

- mic spam

81d381eeff1fc252a35beca5a8dc7f7d.png

It seems taking a call (whether its a scam or not) should be something done off-mic and in private. 

I would also like to mention that this server is not the most suitable place to start a conversation regarding politics as

a) it can be a polarizing topic

and

b) it will eventually start overtaking, whether in mic or in chat, those who are trying to play ZE

This is, of course, mentioned in our MOTD/server rules.

5d3933b0106f0190902fe1c078293d6a.png

Posted  Edited by Blast

Most of the admin's definition of mic spam is very different than my definition of mic spam. If I lead when no one leads, I get in trouble. If I lead the zombies when no one is speaking, I get in trouble. When I ask too many questions, I get in trouble. 

To be honest, the reason why I have been muted for "mic spam" so many times, despite not actually mic spamming at all (which is just making noise to make noise), seems to stem from admins not knowing how to punish me but just to shut me up because they find me annoying or something. So they choose mic spam of all things. 

People !sm me all the time, and I don't mind that. I don't like it when admins believe the side of the people who verbally abuse me and just mute me immediately after I get off of another mute. 

As for "false leading," I don't purposely false lead. I have no intention on leading my team in the wrong direction. 

Again, they choose "false leading" because they believe leading the zombies is a bad thing.

Also, people get mad me for questioning the logic of the rules. I seriously can't be the ONLY one who has tried to lead the zombies. If the survivors get a leader, it should be fair that the zombies should have a leader too.

Although I will say that if I lead the zombies, I do my best to not interrupt the survivor leader, since they're kinda the reason why the game keeps going. 

Again, I truly feel that the admins who punished me over and over again attempt to find a reason to punish me.

I don't mic spam, I just talk.

I don't false lead, I lead the zombie team when the survivor leader doesn't talk.

I don't instigate fights.

And none of the admins actually told me to stop talking to mumu about politics, as far as i'm aware.

Reduct, I appreciate you bringing picture evidence of what was placed on me, though. You were more helpful than loco and sabey. 

But if I can end it here, I would like to say that Vauff and Willy Wilson are two of the most immature admins I have ever seen. I've seen 12-year old admins on Gmod that have more class than those two.

Everytime that multiple people are having fun or laughing in the chat, those two always say "If everyone keep talking you will be muted."

I've had a problem with Vauff ever since I was muted me for leading the zombie team when the leader of the survivor team wasn't even talking at all. After my mute I questioned why I was muted multiple times, and I expressed "displeasure," then he gagged me. Then muted me again. Then gagged me. 

Willy on the other hand muted me multiple times because he said I was "trolling," despite the fact I was having a normal conversation with him. He listened to a select few individuals with names I don't know how to put in English due to strange characters, and they told him that I was trolling, even though I said I wasn't. 

Anyways, I'm going to continue leading the zombies as long as I'm not interrupting the survivor leader, AS I'VE ALWAYS DONE AND TRIED TO DO. 

And I'm going to continue to treat admins like any regular joe-shmoe instead of a fucking god like everyone seems to do. I don't care if you have a special rank, we are all eating the same shit sandwich we call life. 

I'm not apologizing for doing it, I truly believe in what I do. If I apologized, then I would be a hypocrite. 

Again, thank you Reduct. 

Edited by Blast

I'm not on anyone's side but

I was on the server when this happend and out of all the maps being played.. of course it's a final fantasy map. Usually people are focused and trying hard to get to the lasers on any FF map. Alot of the time people are quiet and dont want to hear nonsense funny talk. I think you blast need to get on a different time or avoid try hard maps, maybe join when the vibe is chill and the server is playing on a chill map. So just dont interfere with try hard times and try to join in on more casual maps. From what I see ur on the talkative side and want's to just enjoy a good time . I respect that but you have to learn what maps are casual/try hard.

Posted  Edited by 1mpact - Edit Reason: cApItAl LeTtErS

Hi Blast I've seen bring heaps of energy to the server which can be great and fun for everyone if you apply it correctly

Here are just some tips so you don't get muted/banned in the future

- No matter how benevolent your intentions are, false leading is still false leading so make sure that you've previously played a map at least once before trying to lead

- Mic spam isn't limited to "just making noise to make noise"  but can also be constantly speaking in a way admins perceive as annoying e.g. constantly asking zombies to push

- The people verbally abusing you are likely doing it because you're leading zombies or speaking a little too much so the admins are muting you because of you doing those things not because they side with people who verbally abuse others for the sake of it, so don't act aggressively towards admins because that might get you muted/banned again.

What to do:

- So just try to only lead zombies during chill maps and when you do, don't constantly shout commands because it can annoy others easily, just say your motivating lines once every minute or so

- Try keep your conversations relevant to the game or at least not involving a topic which can polarize people easily (as already mentioned) 

Edited by 1mpact
cApItAl LeTtErS

Posted  Edited by willywilson
2 hours ago, Blast said:

Most of the admin's definition of mic spam is very different than my definition of mic spam. If I lead when no one leads, I get in trouble. If I lead the zombies when no one is speaking, I get in trouble. When I ask too many questions, I get in trouble. 

People !sm me all the time, and I don't mind that. I don't like it when admins believe the side of the people who verbally abuse me and just mute me immediately after I get off of another mute. 

As for "false leading," I don't purposely false lead. I have no intention on leading my team in the wrong direction. 

Again, they choose "false leading" because they believe leading the zombies is a bad thing.

I don't mic spam, I just talk.

I don't false lead, I lead the zombie team when the survivor leader doesn't talk.

I don't instigate fights.

Willy on the other hand muted me multiple times because he said I was "trolling," despite the fact I was having a normal conversation with him. He listened to a select few individuals with names I don't know how to put in English due to strange characters, and they told him that I was trolling, even though I said I wasn't. 

Anyways, I'm going to continue leading the zombies as long as I'm not interrupting the survivor leader, AS I'VE ALWAYS DONE AND TRIED TO DO. 

Hi Blast, thanks for making a forum account, I remember encouraging you to do this rather than complaining in chat, happy to see it happened. 

In regards to your mutes: You were speaking over the leader, distracting from the map, and making numerous people !sm you, along with nissa, and another few people who were ruining what was a good effort on paramina. Often times we welcome you to be social, and talk openly with everyone, lord knows I do it quite a lot, HOWEVER, if a lot of the playerbase is concentrating, and you are WARNED numerous times by an admin, along with many of the community members muting you, I will mute you. I told everyone micspamming, don't talk over leader, or give false command, if my memory serves me correctly, you were telling people to doorhug, not defend, and a variety of other distracting commands. I was also insanely lenient with you, as evidenced by a former admin, Val / valerio / frank lucas encouraging me to keep you muted. This was the staw on the cammel's back, as you seemingly ignored my previous mutes, warning, and kept trying to distract from the map. 

A lot of people are skeptical about me having admin on here, so I try my best to be lenient and not enforce the rules too harshly or seem like I'm abusing in any way, hence the numerous warnings. The majority of the server was telling you to chill out, yet you persisted, thus the hour mute. Also, in regards to the leading, don't talk over someone else leading, which also happened, you an other were talking over the leader at the time, which then discourages players from leading, and while I can appreciate the effort, please don't interrupt others leading, as it can negatively hurt their experience playing ze, and discourage them from leading further. 

Edit: In regards to impact, I won't mute you for leading zombies, if you're explaining how to warp, where to warp, etc. as well as teaching other zombies secrets and strategies, i.e. polynation leading minas for zombies, if he's teaching them alternate paths, be my guest, however, at no point did you explain the map, instead seemingly just cluttering the mic and complaining. 

Edited by willywilson

Good points have been made, please consider going over them before joining the server again. I have purposely left a couple non-ZE Admins/OP posts on this thread for you to mull over.

A quick and final reminder; our punishment system does stack, meaning we will take in account the past mutes especially if they were given in relatively short time frames.

This appeal will be closed as its been addressed.