Cryotheum

nZombies Server Addons, If There Is One

I was trying to find the addons for a nZombies Garry's Mod server tagged with this community's tag, and noticed that it is not listed anywhere on this website. I'm assuming the server is either fake, or was quickly put up as a test and never taken down. If this server is not fake, can I have a link to the addons collection? I have not been able to find any of the server's addons and I find it aggrevating to have two corners of my screen blocked with an error model. The server is titled "[GFLClan.com]" IP address and port is 92.119.148.54:27015. Also, the ULX MOTD only lists three addons yet the server definitely has more than three (HatsChat, ULib, and ULX).

Why spend 20 minutes doing something tedious when you can spend 2 hours failing to automate it instead?

Posted  Edited by Ben - Edit Reason: Fixed up wordings to not confuse stuff

The server is not fake, but I've set it up about 10 days ago, however I didn't set up MOTDs or having it automatically set to load map configs. When I worked on the server, I uploaded all of the addons I've had from my personal server to this freshly made server. I'm pretty sure I've also made it automatically download files for you through workshop.lua. 

The chances for the addon getting errors may be caused by outdated addons. With that case, I will look into it today and see if I'll be able to fix it, as well as polish it to be neat and nice. 

Edited by Ben
Fixed up wordings to not confuse stuff

76561198043643390.png

@Cryotheum - Okay, a quick update. I found a outdated addon and fixed it. A map restart or a complete server restart will be needed. 

I've also made nZombies subforum which is now official GFL server. MOTD and such stuff will be made today shortly. I will also be polishing the server to make it neat and nice, connecting with sourcebans and such stuff. 

In meantime, I’ll ask a question: Do you have CS:S installed? If so, then please specify what errors you are getting. If not, then it is likely that you will need it and fortunately, the game is priced $4.99 for being on sale. 

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by Cryotheum - Edit Reason: Forgot to mention what the error models were

@Ben Thank you for letting me know, and here are the games I have mounted:

• Counter-Strike Source
  • CS: Global Offensive
  • Half-Life 2: Episode 1
  • Half-Life 2: Episode 2
  • Half-Life: Source
  • Insurgency ( Source Mod )
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Portal 2
  • Team Fortress 2.

The errors I were getting, were missing models, some debug messages (they were printing the player then their weapon and it did that for all players) in my console, and occasional crashes as I have discovered last night. I ended up finding out why I was not getting the content, I had restricted downloads to maps only (which I will now be setting to All). I also wanted to ask a favor, can we get more wonder weapons, and possibly maps that the zombies don't get stuck in spawns (like nz_russka or nz_ravine)? The map nz_kino_der_toten has two spots where the zombies constantly get completely stuck which are: on the right side of the map in the hall with the two staircases and the room that leads to the outside from spawn. They also get stuck above the room that leads outside to spawn, where they try to jump over the railing but end up just staying next to it; this spot isn't as severe since they will take an alternate path out into spawn if you lead them there. Anyways, thanks again for informing me, and I hope the both of you have a good day.

Edit: The missing models were most of the weapons, aside from weapons such as the raygun and thundergun.

Edited by Cryotheum
Forgot to mention what the error models were

Why spend 20 minutes doing something tedious when you can spend 2 hours failing to automate it instead?

1 hour ago, Cryotheum said:

also wanted to ask a favor, can we get more wonder weapons, and possibly maps that the zombies don't get stuck in spawns (like nz_russka or nz_ravine)?

Sure. Suggest the maps in this thread

1 hour ago, Cryotheum said:

The map nz_kino_der_toten has two spots where the zombies constantly get completely stuck which are: on the right side of the map in the hall with the two staircases and the room that leads to the outside from spawn. They also get stuck above the room that leads outside to spawn, where they try to jump over the railing but end up just staying next to it; this spot isn't as severe since they will take an alternate path out into spawn if you lead them there

Yeah, it is kind of a problem. I found this map off from a workshop search to play with friends on personal servers. I discovered that it is decently popular, so I decided move it into GFL. MOTD should be fixed, usermanagement should come shortly when server itself is empty.

I will need to find a way to automatically load a config to make the map work without relying on admin.

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by LilyShiro - Edit Reason: pre-emptive response
On 11/30/2019 at 2:51 PM, Ben said:

@Cryotheum - Okay, a quick update. I found a outdated addon and fixed it. A map restart or a complete server restart will be needed. 

I've also made nZombies subforum which is now official GFL server. MOTD and such stuff will be made today shortly. I will also be polishing the server to make it neat and nice, connecting with sourcebans and such stuff. 

In meantime, I’ll ask a question: Do you have CS:S installed? If so, then please specify what errors you are getting. If not, then it is likely that you will need it and fortunately, the game is priced $4.99 for being on sale. 

https://kajar9.wixsite.com/cscheater2/downloads

they can just download it from here for free

edit:

just in case, pre-emptively, if you think it's piracy, you should keep in mind that any user can simple open up steamcmd anonymously and type in 'app_update 232330' to get all of the content for free. There is no need to purchase it, since steam literally gives you any content of any game for free. There is almost 0 chance steam would ever care about it.

Edited by LilyShiro
pre-emptive response