Ben

nZombies Bug Report/issues

The server was quickly made and set up about 10 days ago, with a few things missing, uploaded from my personal server. The post will be edited with any bugs found. Please report anything in this post if you found any issues.

Todo:

• Fix up MOTD and get a very basic loading screen
  • Set up Sourcebans & User Management

Fixed:

• Outdated addons (TFA Redux)

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by Cryotheum

Can't spawn in; I think the map's config is not loading.

MWUn26Y.png

Edited by Cryotheum

Why spend 20 minutes doing something tedious when you can spend 2 hours failing to automate it instead?

5 minutes ago, Cryotheum said:

Can't spawn in; I think the map's config is not loading.

MWUn26Y.png

I have to find a way around to auto-load map config, and as far as I'm aware, I can't find anything about it.

76561198043643390.png

2 minutes ago, Captain said:

Is the a way to reduce how often im crashing, its really annoying me.

Yes - open up your console, copy and paste this: nz_client_ragdolltime 0.01 | It will reduce the crashing. The issue is still being looked into, though. 

76561198043643390.png

so this may just be my computer but its worth a try here, but every time i try load to into the server my game crashes, and i tried the command it seems i need to be in the server to do that but as i already stated, as soon as the workshop finishes downloading my game crashes

kat.png.309b68b377e0f8438a3520f5959a56d0.png

Achievements

So i died and used tombstone, when i went to retrive it, i didnt get my perks, and only got one of my weapons back (mustang and sally). Each time i went over the tombstone, i would get this script error in my console

[ERROR] gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_modifiers.lua:152: attempt to index local 'tbl2' (a nil value)
  1. RecursiveDifferenceCheck - gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_modifiers.lua:152
   2. RecursiveDifferenceCheck - gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_modifiers.lua:154
    3. RecursiveDifferenceCheck - gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_modifiers.lua:154
     4. RecursiveDifferenceCheck - gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_modifiers.lua:154
      5. ApplyNZModifier - gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_modifiers.lua:211
       6. func - gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_sync.lua:32
        7. unknown - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:32

Posted  Edited by Cryotheum - Edit Reason: I can spel I swaer
On 12/10/2019 at 9:49 AM, Captain said:

So i died and used tombstone, when i went to retrive it, i didnt get my perks, and only got one of my weapons back (mustang and sally). Each time i went over the tombstone, i would get this script error in my console

[ERROR] gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_modifiers.lua:152: attempt to index local 'tbl2' (a nil value)
  1. RecursiveDifferenceCheck - gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_modifiers.lua:152
   2. RecursiveDifferenceCheck - gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_modifiers.lua:154
    3. RecursiveDifferenceCheck - gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_modifiers.lua:154
     4. RecursiveDifferenceCheck - gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_modifiers.lua:154
      5. ApplyNZModifier - gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_modifiers.lua:211
       6. func - gamemodes/nzombies/gamemode/weapons/sh_wep_sync.lua:32
        7. unknown - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:32

Ouch, that sucks. But I would like to know:

• What weapons were in the tombstone, which were pack a punch-ed
  • What perks were in the tombstone
  • What perks did you have before picking up the tombstone
  • If you had speed cola in the tombstone, or on yourself before you picked it up, were you pressing R or reloading when picking up the tombstone?
  • Did you have the pack a punch-ed m1911?
  • Were you throwing a grenade or monkey bomb
  • Were you using your quick knife (the V key)

The more information you can provide, the easier it should be to replicate, and fix. Thanks.

Edited by Cryotheum
I can spel I swaer

Why spend 20 minutes doing something tedious when you can spend 2 hours failing to automate it instead?

Posted  Edited by babbaj
On 12/8/2019 at 10:44 AM, Ben said:

Yes - open up your console, copy and paste this: nz_client_ragdolltime 0.01 | It will reduce the crashing. The issue is still being looked into, though. 

this might be useful

zCSsvSL[1].png

Edited by babbaj

21 hours ago, Cryotheum said:

Ouch, that sucks. But I would like to know:

• What weapons were in the tombstone, which were pack a punch-ed
  • What perks were in the tombstone
  • What perks did you have before picking up the tombstone
  • If you had speed cola im the tombstone, or on yourself before you picked it up, were you pressing R or reloading when picking up the tombstone?
  • Did you have the pack a punch-ed m1911?
  • Were you throwing a grenade or monkey bomb
  • Were you using your quick knife (the V key)

The more information you can provide, the easier it should be to replicate, and fix. Thanks.

- if i remember correctly i had punch-ed 1911 and ak

- phd, jugg, tombstone and stamina up

- nothing, just spawned in and ran to my tombstone

- I didnt never had speed during the game

- Yes

- No

- No

24 minutes ago, Captain said:

- if i remember correctly i had punch-ed 1911 and ak

- phd, jugg, tombstone and stamina up

- nothing, just spawned in and ran to my tombstone

- I didnt never had speed during the game

- Yes

- No

- No

Thanks, I think there are problems with giving the player a Pack a Punch-ed m1911. I will look into it tonight.

3 hours ago, Captain said:

Perks: Jugg, Phd, Mule kick and whos who

When i die then revive myself or get revived with whos who, i lose my 3rd gun 99% of the time. 

I'll put it on my list of things to do. I have a fair idea of how to fix this.

Had this glitch happen where when you down yourself, it doesn't register as a down, but... you're still downed, players cannot see the revive icon and the screen doesn't look like you're down (you still see color and your perks, also the screen isn't slanted to the side like it would be when you're down but you move slow and look crouched). I Was gonna use tombstone but when I downed myself it didnt let me Feed or anything, its just an automatic death bug where no one can revive you as you slowly bleed out without no one noticing since the revive icon doesn't appear

• First Down:

Weapons I had were Raygun Mk2 and M1911 Paped.

I had Juggernogg, Speed Cola, PHD Flopper and Tombstone

In console I commited suicide right before I said "fuuuck" in between that and my last exp msg kill, the error msgs after I said "Im down" must be from when I fully bled out and died

I also noticed when I fully died and respawned, my down was not counted, still said I had 0 downs

• Second Down:

This downed was not a suicide, I got surrounded and was downed by zombies

Weapons I had were Lycanthrope I think?? (Don't really remember what I had for second gun but i think it was a LMG)

Perks were Juggernogg, Speedcola, and Double tap 1.0

This second time i was actually revived, apparently the glitch can be broken if someone still presses E on you, reverting the downed look where its slanted and black n white again, I also kept my perks when revived which was weird, but felt like they weren't working, just taking space.

I don't know if it can be replicated, it seems to just happen at random because I downed myself again doing the same thing and it worked this time, I've already had this happen before on the server (like 5 times including these 2 that I mentioned) I hope the console msgs help but I don't see what causes this as there's nothing in between the lines i mentioned where it happened (The picture is of the First time, never got the second time screenshot oof)

This issue must be fixed asap, I can see it pissing off tons of players if they get unlucky and have this happen to them, but for me I don't really care if i lose my stuff lol

79416620_443915022961416_1736293580844040192_n.jpg

• 11 months later...
Posted  Edited by mobs2r

While playing solo I experienced a weird reoccurring bug that changes the skin of player weapons to Quick Revive textures after drinking Quick Revive.

This has only occurred in solo sessions & effects all of the player's weapons including grenades and crowbar.

20201118110550_1.thumb.jpg.fc41ef8d1363524f029abb775aa2fec2.jpg

Edited by mobs2r

Posted  Edited by Cryotheum - Edit Reason: Fixed quote
On 11/18/2020 at 1:20 PM, mobs2r said:

While playing solo I experienced a weird reoccurring bug that changes the skin of player weapons to Quick Revive textures after drinking Quick Revive.

This has only occurred in solo sessions & effects all of the player's weapons including grenades and crowbar.

20201118110550_1.thumb.jpg.fc41ef8d1363524f029abb775aa2fec2.jpg

Thank you for reporting, the bug fix will be active next time the server updates.

Edited by Cryotheum
Fixed quote