Doogla

Threatend to be banned about a profile picture

Posted  Edited by Doogla

I have a steam profile picture that breaks no rules of this server in anyway shape or form. I have learned my lesson about breaking rules here and intend to stick to them. @Vauff has threatened to ban me solely because of the picture on my steam profile. I can post and show you in no way is against the rules.

Edited by Doogla

Posted  Edited by Doogla

I also have proof of vauff admitting it doesnt break any rules, but because what admins say goes, he says he has the right, which he very well may do. But then what is this? a gfl dictatorship? you guys encourage people to play but put restrictions on players fdor a harmless picture?

Edited by Doogla

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit

I'm not an Admin of the server, but this isn't the place for Staff reports.

https://gflclan.com/forms/11-abuse-reports this is where you fill out an abuse report, with the correct proof.

https://gflclan.com/forums/forum/1056-abuse-reports/ this is where you will find your abuse report. once you fill it out,

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Posted  Edited by Vauff

Just to fully recap everything that's happened so far, since you've conveniently left out some key details in your appeal here. You managed to track down the Instagram page of someone from the server, took one of the pictures and set it as your profile picture without their permission. Then created a Steam group with the clantag "mypicisjblah" and wore it in the server.

h9ToSmf.png

The player then contacted you asking you nicely to remove the picture, you refused. I then contacted you asking you nicely to remove the picture, you refused. I then had to threaten you with a doxing ban to remove it, and only then did you remove the clantag (not the picture). At this point, I gave you a 5 minute warning to remove the picture too, and you did not. You were then given a 1 day ban from the server.

Since you're already dangling "proof" from our Steam conversation, I figured I may as well just put the entire thing on display here to give full context.

[22:21]
Vauff:
	i don't like the fact that you're using someones face pic from the server as your profile pic when they've asked you not to

[22:21]
Doogla:
	its not him
	jk it is
	but so what
	no one owns the rights to it

[22:22]
Vauff:
	you don't see how this is a jackass move? 
	https://i.imgur.com/h9ToSmf.png

[22:22]
Doogla:
	ofc it is
	im being a dick

[22:23]
Vauff:
	and i'm asking you not to be

[22:23]
Doogla:
	im saying no
	im keeping it for a while

[22:28]
Vauff:
	alright well
	i gotta ask you to remove it
	or you're going to be banned for doxing

[22:28]
Doogla:
	a picture of someone is doxing?
	and its not even someone
	its a gamertag
	ill delete my tag
	ntot he pic
	cause a picturew of someone isnt doxing

[22:29]
Vauff:
	i'm telling you to remove the pic

[22:29]
Doogla:
	so
	no its not doxing
	i removed the tag and wont infer to anyone that its him
	so not doxing
	ill delete the steam group
	i dont know to delete the group so i just left it
	and i was the only one in it
	im breaking no rules

[22:33]
Vauff:
	i don't think that's going far enough

Doogla:
	its a picture
	no one knows

Vauff:
	you have no reason to have this picture besides trying to piss someone off

Doogla:
	its not doxing
	vauff im not breaking any rules if i do let me know

[22:34]
Vauff:
	i agree it isn't necessarily doxing to just have the picture

Doogla:
	i dont boost anymore

Vauff:
	and not publicizing who it is

Doogla:
	only tthingi do wrong is go afk
	i wont

Vauff:
	but i'm using my own judgement in saying that you can't use this picture

Doogla:
	its wrong that i dod
	i left the group
	no tag
	okay well thats not a reason to ban or kick me

Vauff:
	have it gone within 5 minutes

Doogla:
	becausei  hurt someone feelings
	ill bring it up on the forums
	if youre serious about me not breaking any rules
	ill make the post right now if youre serious

[22:36]
Vauff:
	as i said, you're not necessarily breaking any rules, i'm using my judgement here to say you're going too far
	this is in the motd for a reason
	"Listen to admins; They have the final say."

Doogla:
	thats abuse
	who are you to tell me my picture isnt apppropriate
	if i didnt have that tag i could say it wasnt him

Vauff:
	feel free to report me if you feel that's the case

Doogla:
	i could say its not him now

[22:42]
Doogla:
	hey vauff if youre going to try to make me do this i wont advertise anything on your server but ill go out of my way to do it somewhere else
	where i make sure everyone sees

[22:43]
Vauff:
	i already warned him of streisand effect
	because i fully expected this to happen

[22:43]
Doogla:
	ill have to look that up
	youre an intelligent man of course you knew
	just making sure you know
	do you know what a deep fake is?

[22:47]
Vauff:
	yea

[22:47]
Doogla:
	im just angry right now i would never do that sorry
	i regretted asking you that as soon as i sent it

Let's focus specifically on this part, since that's what you seem to be referring to when you say "I also have proof of vauff admitting it doesnt break any rules".

Vauff:
	as i said, you're not necessarily breaking any rules, i'm using my judgement here to say you're going too far
	this is in the motd for a reason
	"Listen to admins; They have the final say."

I guess you somehow can't see how wearing the IRL picture of someone from the server as your Steam pic you found on Instagram is totally crossing the line, but it is. This is exactly the type of situation that the "Listen to admins; They have the final say." rule is intended for. Because no shit we aren't going to think a "No setting your steam profile picture to IRL pictures of people on the server without permission" rule is necessary on the MOTD, that's common fucking sense.

In the spirit of the "Listen to admins; They have the final say." rule being vague, I warned before punishing and gave you ample time for you to correct the mistake as you can see in the full Steam conversation above. At the end of the day, you willingly chose to continue going against what an admin was telling you to do, even when you knew it would get you banned.

49 minutes ago, Doogla said:

But then what is this? a gfl dictatorship? you guys encourage people to play but put restrictions on players fdor a harmless picture?

Yes it is, you don't vote us in.

Being serious though, the fact you're calling this a "harmless picture" shows just how out of touch you are with what you've done. Not everyone is as comfortable sharing their pictures online as you are with an IRL picture of yourself as your profile picture, and always posting your Instagram link in the server text chat. If somebody doesn't want their picture shared online, then having someone willfully spread that in the server is going to be very upsetting and uncomfortable. That's not something we want happening on the server just because you want a cheap laugh.

Edited by Vauff

Yeah, I'm going to side with @Vauffon this given his response. Remove the picture, otherwise he can deal with it however he sees fit. 

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)