Guest SkydivingSquid

Top 3 Donor Servers

Guest SkydivingSquid

This is awesome!

On a side note, GFL TTT Minecraft 24/7 is definitely slipping! #FormerGlory ๐Ÿฆ‘ย 

ย 

We will have to regroup and figure out how to get players more inspired to donate to the server!ย 

ย 

You guys (and gals) are awesome. Your donations help keep the servers updated and running well.ย ๐Ÿ™‚

Here'sย to making 2020 theย best year yet! We are listening to your recommendations. More additions onย the way.ย 
ย 

1937138481_ScreenShot2020-01-10at10_46_29PM.png.857487d74058c9be0097cae15746ab03.png

Not to discredit the work and achievements, but I believeย servers are cannibalizing each other.ย  I think the stronger move would be to up the game on the low population servers... a challenge that has long existed here andย a hugeย overall win for the community considering that the benefits are coming from a new source rather than moving numbers around from things we might already have.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

On 1/11/2020 at 2:43 PM, Joshy said:

Not to discredit the work and achievements, but I believeย servers are cannibalizing each other.ย  I think the stronger move would be to up the game on the low population servers... a challenge that has long existed here andย a hugeย overall win for the community considering that the benefits are coming from a new source rather than moving numbers around from things we might already have.

ย 

I agree, but how would you go about doing that? You also have to consider that over the past couple of years, the Gmod player base has slowly but surely been declining.

On 1/11/2020 at 3:51 AM, SkydivingSquid said:

On a side note, GFL TTT Minecraft 24/7 is definitely slipping!

ย 

Playing the same map over and over and over and over and over and over again becomes annoying.

(Private: k2nod) Russell Crowe: are you using hyperscrolll

ย 

ย 

Achievements

17 hours ago, SS PigeonShit said:

ย 

I agree, but how would you go about doing that? You also have to consider that over the past couple of years, the Gmod player base has slowly but surely been declining.

ย 

No doubt I'm not being specific because the answer is not easy.ย  Maybe it's crude of me to say that it's an awareness statement.ย  Let's examine this scenario:ย  I have two bank accounts one with $100 and another with $5.ย  Could I say I made $80 if I move $80 from the first account to the second account?ย  Now of course I wont deny that even getting people from one server to another can be challenging just to get the start up (much easier than transferring money) and so the server has a baseline population that can better attract new crowds; so I'll still say well-done, but just want to caution with the statement.

ย 

Very generalized below so please don't take it to heart if you feel like you are an outlier...

ย 

Redirecting attention, being more supportive and flexible, and giving incentive to low population server managers is a good start- it doesn't have to be specific and given a large taskย we need to make some steps forward allowing for wiggle room and tolerance when ideas don't pan out because many of them wont.ย  Something I noticed from behind the scenes is low population server managers are generally treated like lesser talent or second class compared to server managers who are running CS:GO ZEย and GMOD TTT.ย  Their input on topics often feel less valued.ย  People are very quick to stomp on them when their ideas fails and sometimes they are even punished for it (usually more social although this can easily lead to behaviour changes / defensiveness that isย viewed as highly toxic and requires demotion).ย  Making mistakes or failed plans often held them back from promotion opportunities as well.ย  Someone with a clean record no mistakes and always high population was likely spoken of very well; in fact: inactivity might even cloak some of their weaknesses and might even help them with a promotion.ย  Someone who actually tried things, made mistakes, and actual champions might have a few hiccups on their record, and so it was best to sweep those managers under the rug.

ย 

Maybe I'm wrong about the current state of things.ย  I haven't been involved behind the scenes for a long while and even meant to become far less active until I was trying to get back to my programming guides one day (someone in real life actually asked me for help and when I tried showing it to them it was gone for some reason-- many thanks for getting it back up).ย  So if i'm wrong...ย  okay... I'm wrong, but I would honestly be very shocked given what I've seen on the greater forums and Discord.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152