jamss

jamss's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): jams

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:61630669

Admin that banned you: yuptodat

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): permanent silence

Why should you be unbanned?

I was muted permanently for admin harassment. I was originally muted a few days ago for two hours for reason "troll". After that I ended up getting off for the night and when coming back to the server today I came to find I was permanently muted. I don't remember harassing any admin in particular but I do know that some people take jokes harder than others, so the initial mute was reasonable. I'm hoping we can get this resolved because I do enjoy playing on the server and talking with the community of the server. Thanks.

I'm going to say the same thing as one of your friends that appealed yesterday. The day that you were muted initially for 2 hrs was really for admin harassment. I put troll down as I was trying to focus on the everything in chat, sry 🙁.  The group you were with all received similar bans. But some of your friends decided to take it into chat, leaking NSFW content of a person on our admin team. The next day, we had a in depth discussion on what to do about it. We decided to give everyone involved permanent mutes as there is substantial evidence to support it.

As of today, 1 of the 3 people in the group that DID NOT post links appealed. You are the second that I know of. Because of this, i'm going to give the same deal. I would be fine with removing the silence as long as you apologize and promise you won't harass my team again.

╔                               ╗

Scott

That's definitely fair. I am sorry for taking things too far even if it might've seemed lighthearted to me everyone is different and takes things differently and I understand that. I also know things can get heated and out of hand really fast and this is something that happened in this instance. In the future I'll make sure that something like this doesn't happen again. I really appreciate you looking into this. Thank you.

Hello, after talking to Yuptodat and looking at the records for and against you, we have decided to unban you. With that formal apology, and the acceptance of the terms, we hope to see you on the servers again soon. If you run into any issues, reach out to me through a personal message and I will gladly help! Thank you, Closed.