Proditor

Community Growth Donation Drive

Posted  Edited by Proditor

*this post is not sponsored by any GFL leadership, staff, admin, or member, other than myself and may not reflect the opinion of any previously listed*

You down with TTT?  Yeah (if not, you probably don't) know me.

If you don't get the above reference, go ask your parents why they didn't procreate sooner in life.
*disclaimer - please do NOT actually do this, as it may cause uncomfortable discussions to follow*

In my time with this Community, although I have (as many of us may have) hung out exclusively on one main server (TTT-ROT), I have met a ton a truly great people...even if most of you are "sus AF" :)

This Community brings us all together for a reason.  Outside of TTT-ROT, I've been fortunate to meet more truly great people through GFL Discord and these forums.  I am always open to meeting new individuals as I believe every person can create a positive impact on someone's life.  If we haven't met, feel free to hit me up on Discord, here, Steam, invite me to a game, whatever. I am always open to expanding a network and experience new things.

One consistency I've noticed is we are all passionate about gaming, this Community and our servers. Yes, as members these servers belong to every one of us in this Community and it's our responsibility to always look to improve.  We all have plenty of suggestions to help improve gameplay, grow members, better performance, fix bugs, etc.  However, as a fact of life, all of these betterments come at a cost of both time and money.  The Community staff works endlessly to continually support all of us and keep us up and running.  Additionally, this server is supported by extremely generous individuals every day.  It is also one of the few communities transparent enough to show right on the website every dollar in and out of the treasury.  As we look to progress as a Community and continue to improve our servers, I think we all possibly believe there are a few servers out there, that could benefit from an upgrade.

I would like to propose a challenge to raise $1k in 10 days

To help achieve this, I ask ANY member, who would be a FIRST TIME SUPPORTER, that enjoys and is just as passionate about this community, if you are able to consider a small donation.

I WILL PERSONALLY MATCH THE FIRST 3 NET-NEW (first time donators) amounts and then will match every 10th net-new donation there after, for the next 10 days.  Just send me a message after saying "Long Time Player, First Time Supporter" and include your favorite GFL Game Server.

CHALLENGE, if you can ask 3 of your friends if they are able to help support this passion as well. Whether this is $1.50, $2.00, $5.00 or more any gracious amount helps us grow together.

We all understand life isn't always as easy as that...if a donation does not make sense at this time THAT IS STILL OK.  Show your passion by sharing this post with your friends, or encouraging in-game players to sign up as a new member, or new supporter. 

Growth of our Community is our best power to continue to improve!

I am looking forward to meeting everyone in the future and hearing about how this server has helped you grow personally, professionally, or just made life a little more enjoyable.

https://gflclan.com/donate/

Godspeed,
Proditor

susaf.png

Edited by Proditor

You know when you walk into a room and forget why you went in there?

That’s God playing Sims... he just canceled your action.

Posted  Edited by Proditor

If someone is a true first time supporter, I will match whatever donation for the first 3 donations and then every 10th thereafter inside 10 days from today!

Edited by Proditor

You know when you walk into a room and forget why you went in there?

That’s God playing Sims... he just canceled your action.

I don't know why I didn't see this earlier but I have been very busy IRL recently. I'm not sure what to make of all of this honestly.

I understand wanting to help the community (which is amazing considering how new you are here), but this throws up some red flags that I've personally been taught to look out for at previous jobs. Especially when it comes to identifying scamming or similar behavior that may try to be utilized for some sort of leverage if something does not work out the way you want it to in the future. It's amazing that you want to help this community, but this to me reads like you may eventually expect something in return, which is entirely the wrong mindset to have in this situation. If I am wrong just ignore this or private message me but don't muddle this up any more than I already have. But I'll end with this, just be careful and remember that just because you did one good thing, that doesn't mean that other people have to go out of their way to accommodate anything extra you might think you're owed.

Anyway, good luck with this project of yours and I hope you get the result that you intend.

You can do what you want with your money, and I do think this is a good cause, but like Motor, idk how I feel about this. I used to have VIP back when Purge was in its prime, but that wasn't really for helping the community grow, it was more for the perks lol. I think most people would donate if they receive good perks on servers. Good luck though! 

jitticus