Reverb

GFL Overwatch

Hello everyone. I wanted to make a suggestion for GFL as a whole and that would be the involvement with Overwatch. After reading the demographic and seeing the 48 players who voted Overwatch and asking some if they would like to be involved, I was wondering about starting Up gfl Overwatch again. Personally I think a community where everyone can come together to play and learn would be great. What I’m thinking of is a place where people can come together to learn about the game and get tips, How to play hero’s, Causally find a group for some Quickplay or Get a group together for some competitive. In this Overwatch group, we could start fun events with the help of our event coordinators around the game and competitive teams and groups. This is something I would personally like to help build with my knowledge of the game and my amount of time I have spent learning it since 2016. I’m open to any ideas or questions about this. Thanks for your time.

image0.png?width=226&height=375

Achievements

I'm neutral on this as the Overwatch population died down by a lot and there aren't as many new players but a GFL Overwatch division would be cool, though.

original.gif

Achievements

I would be extremely psyched! I don’t have access to a PC of my own for the new few months that can play overwatch but when I do it would be amazing to be apart of this! I’m fully for this. 
+1 😁

this would be fun and all but like, which version of the game would it be on? Since overwatch doesn't have crossplay, those with a console/switch won't be able to play with those on a PC, so would multiple servers be set up or just one??

kat.png.309b68b377e0f8438a3520f5959a56d0.png

Achievements

I was thinking the community/discord I would like to start would be aimed to pc but channels for people with any console to communicate and play on. Though Main teams and competitions would most likely be run on Pc or Ps4. Well Yes the player base doesn't have too many consistent new players the game still has a decently large player base and I think A good amount of players would find it to be fun to be apart of an overwatch gfl community to enhance there experience so they can play with friends and find new people to play with.

image0.png?width=226&height=375

Achievements

We did have a team a long time ago and as Allie said, it has died multiple time like how league died multiple times. You guys are free to start an unofficial clan of OW and then show them how much you can improve to bring it back. That's what the LoL team is doing. The leader of the OW team is still actively here but I mostly see them on TS3. Either way, you have to show them you have a playerbase actively playing and making improvement for GFL. We had an esports team for LoL, OW, and CSGO. But it never sticks, so if you are planning to do that, gotta show them you can do it first before asking to make an official group.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements