Plexol

IT

I'm planning on going into college to specialize in avionics (on-board CPUs, Navigation controls, etc.).

p.s. You're not supposed to ask for likes in GFL, I learned that the hard way when I first joined lol

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GM3PM22.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) GFL PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) STEAM PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) BattleTag: Doctersalt#1734 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1033049.png

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I went ahead and removed the part asking for likes.  Demon is correct that you should not be doing that, but you probably didn't know and I didn't want to do anything that would be seriously imposing/punitive such as locking the thread.

I'm studying an engineering major at a four year university, but I also have work experience in the desktop support area.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Plexol

Thanks for the input, Next year I'm going to be the "IT" of the school with a couple of other friends. We will be also going to other schools to help them with computer needs/problems. The principle asked the people in my class to help the school out, that's how we are going to be able to do it next year.

Edited by Plexol

76561198184952842.png

ITT Tech is a for-profit college system. I won't go so far as to call them a scam, but "rip off" is probably fair. I got an associate degree from a state community college for about $2,500, and I've worked with people who took out $40,000+ student loans for the equivalent degree from ITT. Some of them are still trying to pay these loans off 10 or 15 years later. They could have received the same education from a public institution at less expense to themselves and possibly without the burden of student loan debt.

The MO of these for-profit colleges is to enroll students in a ridiculously expensive program and get them to take out federally secured loans. The government pays the college directly with guaranteed money, then the students wind up stuck in debt to the government. As the economy has declined, many people have defaulted on their loans because they can't find work. Put bluntly, the government gave ITT big fat stacks of money and now they can't recoup it. As a result, they've begun cracking down. Last year, Corinthian was shuttered for similar behavior. ITT isn't out of business just yet, but they're no longer eligible to participate in federal student loan programs. Considering that's where they get most of their money, it's just a matter of time.

There will be more. Keep an eye on "nationwide" colleges that advertise on TV. Some are unlikely to rise out of the ashes, if you catch my drift.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

• 1 month later...