ethyr

Server almost always down?

Hey, what's happening with the server lately? These days, whenever I try to hop on for some bhop it's always down. I just want to know if the problem is being worked on or not.

On 3/5/2020 at 6:23 PM, Foley said:

It's GFL and some csgo wide. Like the same thing is happening to the surf servers. Memory leaks :(

yeah but it wasn't always this bad, and the surf server is up longer than the bhop one

would hiring more staff that can reset the server help? it's just a thought

Posted  Edited by AshAkiri
2 hours ago, ethyr said:

yeah but it wasn't always this bad, and the surf server is up longer than the bhop one

would hiring more staff that can reset the server help? it's just a thought

One of the things I did to the server immediately following the game patches that broke the hell out of everything some weeks ago was a quick fix to keep the server from crashing immediately when someone would join was to enable GOTV on the servers. Somehow, it was keeping the servers alive. Since things have started to stabilize, I can probably remove these to no issue. This will help the problem (likely a fair bit) but a longer solution will require us to make critical changes to the timers to resolve some memory leaks.

E: I removed GOTV from both Surf and Bhop. This should hopefully bring things back to the pre-late Feb patch status, assuming valve got their shit together. Which is a tall order, but yeah - keep an eye out

Edited by AshAkiri

10 hours ago, Foley said:

We just got a new Technical Administrator who is helping. 

10 hours ago, AshAkiri said:

One of the things I did to the server immediately following the game patches that broke the hell out of everything some weeks ago was a quick fix to keep the server from crashing immediately when someone would join was to enable GOTV on the servers. Somehow, it was keeping the servers alive. Since things have started to stabilize, I can probably remove these to no issue. This will help the problem (likely a fair bit) but a longer solution will require us to make critical changes to the timers to resolve some memory leaks.

E: I removed GOTV from both Surf and Bhop. This should hopefully bring things back to the pre-late Feb patch status, assuming valve got their shit together. Which is a tall order, but yeah - keep an eye out

thanks guys, I hope it goes well