maya.

maya.'s AWP Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): maya :)

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:460508367

Sourcebans ban link: https://sourcebans.gflclan.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=maya&Submit=Search

Admin that banned you: cambr

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): permanent mute/gag

Why should you be unbanned?

the permanent mute in my opinion was ill-advised and handled with no thought whatsoever. the reason for my mute was due to "racism" and the use of a voice changer. according to the admin, i said things that were never said. i'm aware that the server has voice logs as well so those can be checked. it's comical in a sense because i've been muted countless amounts of times for long periods of times but i disagree that i should be PERMANENTLY muted for saying the soft a and using a voice changer. i've been on the server long enough to get a good grasp on the rules and regulations. i tried to contact cambr and he was very blunt about my mute. the reason was over-exaggerated and he didn't take my side of the story in consideration AT ALL. he was very quick with his decision and did not let me explain myself.

this was his response when i tried to have a conversation about it:

image.png.e9bc892e396c5af8c0b5bb596c1a36a4.png

again, i would be more pleased and understanding of a 24 hour mute even for my actions and i apologize, but i do believe that i have the right to tell my side of the story and explain what went on especially when huge actions were taken immediately and without thought. i believe that the situation was poorly dealt with by the admin that muted me. he was very ignorant and did not pay any attention AT ALL when i tried to explain myself. i think it's very immature and imprudent when you're given the authority to handle these situations.  

i apologize again and if i am unmuted then it will never happen again! :)

thank u!

Firstly if you check SourceBans, you have been muted for racism way more then you should have been. If I check your record you have been muted for racism at least six to seven times, and should have been perm silenced on your sixth silence. This does not include any of the other times you have been muted or gaged for various reasons. Using the word in general can be a problem, if you are using it normally this is fine. When it comes to using the hard r or with a voice changer that is when it becomes a problem. 

TQqngQK.png

(Image edited by Leks as well, to avoid any confusion)

(merged by Leks)

Also I was very blunt because I did not feel the need to argue about it over DM, that is why I referred you to the forums.

141919687_forumssig.thumb.jpg.9454d9ffff45b72aee2813e382d8cd24.jpg

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

Hello,

Maya clearly shows tons of repeated infractions leading up to 6 hours at one point. A permanent mute was to be expected based on your infraction history.
I will discuss with @SkellyGFL on this and he will report back to the rest of the admins.

Thanks

yeah.gif

60,360,1 day, 1 week, 1 month, perma :)

thats the base  line we are to follow but admins word is last. If he felt perm was fitting for her and looking at her past mutes and reasonings I see it fits as well tbh.  Many chances to not do it again like she says but she’s said that the last 12 mutes 🤦‍♀️ Kinda getting tiresome now :/ 

+1 to perma silence. 
It could be worse so think yourself lucky. 

6 hours ago, Honk Honk said:

where exactly is it written that you need to be perm muted after getting banned 6 times?

bear.gif.7d03a878b291f0b1a286f0c5d55c41a6.gif

7 hours ago, Honk Honk said:

where exactly is it written that you need to be perm muted after getting banned 6 times?

We do not show everyone how the ban/mute system works, but as stated above by @beary that is how it goes.

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

i should've gotten muted according to the format of 24 hours, 1 week, 1 month, etc. 

for not being warned accordingly that's a flaw in itself; i agree i have many past mutes but i was never even muted for 24 hours which would be a pretty good warning to prevent further actions.

Posted  Edited by Cambr
1 hour ago, maya. said:

i should've gotten muted according to the format of 24 hours, 1 week, 1 month, etc. 

for not being warned accordingly that's a flaw in itself; i agree i have many past mutes but i was never even muted for 24 hours which would be a pretty good warning to prevent further actions.

Who ever muted you did not check SourceBans and muted the minimum amount of time, and I would understand if you had like six mutes. Instead you have 18 mutes give or take, which is a huge amount. Also those 10 minute and hour long silence, mute, or gags were very considerate warnings. 

Edited by Cambr

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

So, @Leks and I have discussed this situation over Discord since you posted your appeal and we believe the permanent silence is justified. Maya, you know what you did and understand your actions. If a server has rules you must follow them. You need to understand that once you have been muted at least once, your actions follow you. You get viewed as someone who brings negativity to the community of GFL. Obviously you can change your act or act more respectable, but when you continuously do the things that’s not expected of you, serious actions are needed. Especially when one of our high level staff, Director: @Liloz01, has to message you in a PM to stop your actions and you still don’t. I have been in the server many of times and have even muted you once for doing what you’re accused of. I’m sorry it has to be like this but this is what is needed to stop what you have done. You may post another appeal in a few months.

Closed.