Flops

Opinion : admins don't inherently deserve respect and the player disrespect rule is unfairly enforced.

Hi everyone, I just saw kakarot being banned for disrespecting admins. I just wanted to voice two of my opinions on the matter.

ADMINS DO NOT DESERVE RESPECT BECAUSE OF THEIR STATUS, AND THE WAY THE CURRENT DISRESPECT RULES ARE ENFORCED IS SUBJECTIVE AND UNFAIR.

the rules for context : 

• Don't be disrespectful to other players or admins. 
  • This includes sexism, any kind of discrimination, or racism.

Currently, players on the server always insult each other even with these stupid disrespect rules, throwing as much vitriol as they want as long as they don't say the n word. I do it all the time (jokingly of course :))

HOWEVER, when an admin is involved, the whole thing becomes a total shitshow. I want to state that just because a player plays on the server alot, is approved by like 8 people, and becomes admin doesn't mean that they deserve my or anyone's respect. Some random fucker can join this community tomorrow, play for 10 hours a day, and get admin in a month or two. Respect should be earned because of contributions to something or quality of character, not how much some tard plays a videogame daily. You want to know who deserves respect because of their status? Teachers who spend years studying to be able to teach others, dedicated to helping young minds grow. Soldiers who fight and die for our country. Not a smelly ass nerd who has a title LOL

While its totally fine to want to foster a positive environment free of toxicity, the way rules around it are enforced is subjective and unfair. Admins and normal players are allowed to be as abusive as they want (seriously, admins and others call people retards, slurs, and insults l the time). I love donchill and kakarot, but I think that the rules once again should not be enforced selectively. If you want to have a rule preventing "player disrespect" enforce it like any rule should be enforced - applying to all cases equally. If kakarot is being a prick to donchill for no reason, sure, mute and ban. At the same time, you guys have to apply those same rules to other toxic players -- don't have me calling people dummies or allow harassment as long as it isn't directed to you.

Tl;dr The way the current rules stand, admins can just choose to mute anyone who is bothering them or anyone who they dislike while allowing the same toxicity to be present on the server between other players. Furthermore,  admins do not deserve respect above other players, playing for hours a day doesnt mean shit.

Choose to enforce your rules in a fair manner - applying to all, or applying to none. 

thanks for coming to my ted talk loool 

Counterpoint:

If admins didn't deserve any respect, then what is stopping people from following rules? Admins need to have some sort of respect or the entire server falls apart. If you wanna talk shit with an admin, then be prepared to deal with the consequence.

58 minutes ago, WarpedCakez said:

Counterpoint:

If admins didn't deserve any respect, then what is stopping people from following rules? Admins need to have some sort of respect or the entire server falls apart. If you wanna talk shit with an admin, then be prepared to deal with the consequence.

Admins already don't have respect, their powers are are FEARED. Key distinction. 

44 minutes ago, Flops said:

Admins already don't have respect, their powers are are FEARED. Key distinction. 

The only people who I see fear powers are those who constantly break the rules. People who just like to play the game are not afraid of being punished. If I were to join the server right now and spam nonsense in the mic when people are trying to lead/have conversation/whatever, then I would expect to get muted right away.

Everyone should be respected...  period.

Respect does not and should not have to be earned.

Admin?  Respected.

Manager?  Respected.

Regular and VIP?  Respected.

Regular?  Respected.

Visitor?  Respected.

They can lose it, but they don't have to earn it.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by not a throwaway

the admins who abuse their powers don't deserve respect, and should be demoted but aren't being demoted because lack of management on the garry's mod division as well as nobody reporting them. not so sure about csgo but ze is a hellscape and shitshow so... atleast thats my view on it as a totally not throwaway from a former admin

Edited by not a throwaway

The admins go through a lot on a daily basis, you might not see it but they do. Spending a lot of time helping out other staff as well as players. I know that sometimes some things seem unfair but keep in mind if it was not for those strict admins there would not be the fun server you get to play on. As well as admins do not mind the disrespect we all are here to have a good time, it is when the disrespect by the player gets taken out of hand is when it becomes a problem, and I know that some people might have had something happen before that if someone brings up it will bring back a bad memory. We are here to help the servers grow and continue, if you think something a admin is doing is wrong get some screen shots or videos and contact someone about it, there is nothing stopping you. Again though you never notice that we are there even when you don't realize it because you are having fun playing that on that server,  but the reason you are having fun is because of the staff members, the developers, the managers and so on.   

141919687_forumssig.thumb.jpg.9454d9ffff45b72aee2813e382d8cd24.jpg

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

1 hour ago, Cambr said:

The admins go through a lot on a daily basis, you might not see it but they do. Spending a lot of time helping out other staff as well as players. I know that sometimes some things seem unfair but keep in mind if it was not for those strict admins there would not be the fun server you get to play on. As well as admins do not mind the disrespect we all are here to have a good time, it is when the disrespect by the player gets taken out of hand is when it becomes a problem, and I know that some people might have had something happen before that if someone brings up it will bring back a bad memory. We are here to help the servers grow and continue, if you think something a admin is doing is wrong get some screen shots or videos and contact someone about it, there is nothing stopping you. Again though you never notice that we are there even when you don't realize it because you are having fun playing that on that server,  but the reason you are having fun is because of the staff members, the developers, the managers and so on.   

hello random, I think I have a pretty good idea of what admins go through on a daily fucking basis. Who the fuck are you and why are you patronizing me and ignoring every point I made? I'm saying that the rules (WHICH SHOULD BE THERE) are selectively enforced because of their inherent subjectivity and that admins don't really deserve respect based on their status as janitors anyways.

3 hours ago, Joshy said:

Everyone should be respected...  period.

Respect does not and should not have to be earned.

Admin?  Respected.

Manager?  Respected.

Regular and VIP?  Respected.

Regular?  Respected.

Visitor?  Respected.

They can lose it, but they don't have to earn it.

respect : noun

a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

4 hours ago, WarpedCakez said:

The only people who I see fear powers are those who constantly break the rules. People who just like to play the game are not afraid of being punished. If I were to join the server right now and spam nonsense in the mic when people are trying to lead/have conversation/whatever, then I would expect to get muted right away.

okay, but what does this have to do with admins deserving respect? People listen because they fear the consequences, and I don't see how you can argue against that. Are you seriously trying to claim that people follow the rules because they respect what WarpedCakez or Vauff thinks? Bruh if there was no punishment for trolling/consequences at all see how fast the server goes boom 

Anyone who disrespects anyone gets punished, idc who you are if your being toxic/disrespectful ima mute you for it, if my admins are being toxic (which they shouldnt)I dont think I ever actually came across one of my admins being disrespectful unless there joking, but ima tell them yo what the fuck tell them to stop or ima take action. You guys dont see the behind the scenes stuff with the admins and there punishment so you cant say its unfair

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

What Warped said is exactly right I 100% agree with him the only people who fear powers are the ones that break the rules anyone else isnt scared because there doing what they came here to do and thats play the game mode so they have nothing to worry about

Just now, JGuary551 said:

Anyone who disrespects anyone gets punished, idc who you are if your being toxic/disrespectful ima mute you for it, if my admins are being toxic (which they shouldnt)I dont think I ever actually came across one of my admins being disrespectful unless there joking, but ima tell them yo what the fuck tell them to stop or ima take action. You guys dont see the behind the scenes stuff with the admins and there punishment so you cant say its unfair

dummy this aint about ur bumass 1v1 server, people can and do disrespect people in ze. Also, holy shit, stop saying we don't see the behind the scenes stuff with admins and their punishments. The way you describe enforcing the rules IS WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN - ONE FOR ALL OR NONE FOR ALL. Selective enforcement is just wrong and subjective !!!!!

Mate obviously you didnt read my first line, im not just talking about 1v1 it was an EXAMPLEE... 

3 minutes ago, Flops said:

Anyone who disrespects anyone gets punished, idc who you are if your being toxic/disrespectful ima mute you for it

All im saying is we have rules follow those rules or get punished us admins SHOULDNT be disrespectful in any way as we became admins to help out make the server fun enforce the rules but be chill. If any admin is being disrespectful you guys need to step up and make reports about it, and if other admins catch it then punishment will be in hand for them...

yes i agree

admins shouldnt be disrespectful wow glad we agree my fuckin point was that they are, and that would be fine if only there wasnt a rule against disrespect

I LOVE ADMIN DISRESPECT ITS JUST THAT THE RULES CAN BE USED BY ANY ADMIN CURRENTLY TO SAY " I DONT LIKE YOU GET BANNE RETORD" WHILE SAME ADMON IS TOXIC/DOESNT EVEN ENFORCE ANTITOXICITY RULES

so once fucking again

enforce the rule or just get rid of it lol cause banter/disrespect adds to our wonderful culture and is always fun asf to watch

Posted  Edited by JGuary551

if you think an admin isnt doing his job/abusing his power, I hear you guys say so much about how admins dont do there job or what not but theres literally 3 ways to get them punished but I never see it happen

we have not 1 not 2 but 3 ways to report one

Talk to Server manager in Dms/pms 

OR

https://gflclan.com/forms/9-staff-feedback/

OR

https://gflclan.com/forms/11-abuse-reports

choose your poison my guy...

Edited by JGuary551

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Just do the right thing.  Don't break the rules.  Try to be friendly and respectful to others.  Piece of cake.

I don't understand why you'd complain about something being so subjective...  followed by regurgitating a definition that literally defines the word with subjective characteristics.  Anyhow: There's another fancy word called connotation, and this is what people are thinking about when they talk about respect.  There's really no need to be opening your dictionary ;) (unless you want to look up connotation or if any other words were too difficult to follow, then... by all means...)

The world isn't black or white.  It's not practical to ask for a system that is either strict/perfect enforcement or loose and careless.  Sure: The rules are in place and some people get away with it.  They're often repeat offenders and bury their graves.  Sometimes good people get snagged by it; others can evade it for a long while before something is done if ever.

It's a lot to ask for perfect.  I'm sure I'm not the only one with open arms asking for you to determine such a perfect system.  If you do, then you might get a Nobel prize; I'd honestly be quite happy for you.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I learned the hard way that GFL isn't a democracy. The server invokes favoritism for who can and cannot break the rules. As long as you're on their good side you could most likely get away with murder and be hardly punished for it. As for others I believe they'll look for any small thing to punish you. There is nothing we can do, because it's a videogame server.

Posted  Edited by Some ze guy

Rules for any server is always a cluster fuck.

It's enforced but at the same time its loosely looked at. 

You can see it on any server that has ever existed. Allowing some people to get away with some things comes down to reputation, Favoritism? yea, Unfairness? It depends how you look at it. Admins really do have corrupt standards, each of them have a different type of "nazism" to them and how far they can take it. I think that alot of you need to take it easy, you might feel entitled just because of a tag, ur really not, your toxicness and edgyness shows but is hidden because ur that person that has server powers, I dont understand how can you take a role so seriously if you'd have the same edgyness as anyone else would. If someone doesn't please you the right way, they are instantly cancelled that's pretty unfair.

Toxicity has existed in every community

"Oh you can say this, this and that on the server .....but you can not say this.....oh... but you can definitely say it on the discord" it's all sorts of messed up.

Telling everyone to respect each other on a server is laughable. I want to know where there has been a perfect harmony between higher ups and the people.

Many of you take things way to literal. It's a community server, have fun. Ofc everyone has an edgy toxic side to them. I mean why are you playing on the server in the first place? To have fun I hope, not to take things so seriously and literal, and if you are? Question urself, are you having fun doing so?

Edited by Some ze guy