Nick

You can help with coronavirus research!

Do you have a few CPU/GPU cycles to spare? Then you should consider donating your processing power to coronavirus research! 😄

You can read more about it here: https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/coronavirus

It is quite easy to set-up, and you can customize it to fit your needs, and you can of course always put it on pause, so you can play your games. :P

You can be part of GFL's team too, so we can see how much GFL has contributed! (Thank you, @The Spider of Purgatory, for the idea.) The team's ID is 237737. Their servers seem a little unstable when it comes to statistics at the moment, but the team can occasionally be seen here: https://stats.foldingathome.org/team/237737

I hope all of you will consider doing it since it'll aid our understanding of the virus, and it might help make a vaccine available even sooner!

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

Anything will help, especially if you are letting it use your gpu. Their benchmark machine that they use to calculate task times runs an i5 750 so your machine should be significantly faster than the time you have to complete the calculations/simulations.

/'/'( ;:; )'\'\

Posted  Edited by Charismatic Charms

Covid 19? isint that the name of the mission where they killed Osama Bin Laden?

Edited by Charismatic Charms

This post needs more publicity, not getting many visitors. Possibly because of the name/title.

Either way this should be spread around the community more. The more people who join in to help the faster the process goes, and in the end the community may gain some publicity from it too if we manage to make a significant difference.

/'/'( ;:; )'\'\

Hm, might be worthwhile to rebrand my memey post into something more appealing. I'll look into it!

In other news, I finally got my GPU working with FaH. 😄

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

• Nick changed the title to You can help with coronavirus research!