Banana mann

Banana mann's TTT Rotation Mute/Ban Appeal

Name: Bananna man

Steam ID (or steam profile link): STEAM_0:0:141376750

Banned by: 

Myst56

Ban Reason: "Mass"

Why should you be unbanned

It was down to the last few people, (Myself and 2 Traitors) nobody was communicating and i was very sus of the last 2. I see them with each other so i knew they were the T's and they opened up on me. I killed them both and won the round but they accused me of "rdm" and as i was responding to my reports i was banned for 1 week for "Mass". I have an issue with 2 things about this: I was not able to defend myself by responding to either of their accusations  and "Mass rdm" is not 2 people. I really do enjoy the server a bunch and I've made friends with some really cool people so if i could get a response or even an appeal it would be greatly appreciated.

To whom this may concern,

I banned this player due to the fact that he RDMed 3 traitors back to back with little to no proof. Myself of which was included. You killed 3 people back to back which constitutes as a Mass RDM ban. Your reason for killing these people are completely contradicted by the damage logs corresponding to said reports. None of us opened fire on you nor did we do anything that would constitute a KOS. I would prefer you see out the rest of your ban. 

20200315220109_1.jpg

20200315220107_1.jpg

20200315220108_1.jpg

Achievements

Posted  Edited by peepeepoopoo

Maybe he was right 3 times in a row. Isn't there a rule that lets you kill T's if it is obvious?

Edit: Anyway isn't a week a bit harsh? He's a recent regular and such. 

Edited by peepeepoopoo

3 hours ago, peepeepoopoo said:

Maybe he was right 3 times in a row. Isn't there a rule that lets you kill T's if it is obvious?

Edit: Anyway isn't a week a bit harsh? He's a recent regular and such. 

You can only kill T's if they have a KOS on them or if they did something that shows they are a T (Shooting at you, planting c4, etc). You can't kill people just because you were suspicious of them and that they were together at the time.

Also please refrain from commenting on ban appeals, they are only meant for admins+. We appreciate the concern but regular or not does not exempt you from the rules and getting a lower ban time.

ezgif-6-41ffdc42fcf4.gif

I can appreciate both points that you've raised, but if you'll allow me one comment more I'd like to expand on my butting-in. 

First, I think some outside opinions would be good since there's the possibility of bias (no offence!). To give it some credibility, I played that round, and with Bananaman most of that day, and I don't have any negative opinions of him. 

Second, I think T's in general are way more obvious than they think, and they should be held accountable as such. Often times you can pick out T buddies by watching their lack of reaction to innocents getting gunned down, or the opposite, when they don't shoot a T who's been called out.  And of course there are a multitude of other tells, like false KOS's or messing around with...mine turtles, traitor testing eliminating suspects, etc. But then you get reported/slayed/banned for correctly identifying a T, and it's like, 'am i only allowed to kill a traitor in self-defence?'. (I've had to argue against being slayed for dumb stuff as such things mentioned).

What I'm getting at is there was a reason Bananaman killed those T's, and if he felt sufficiently confident / threatened enough to do so, is that really his fault? They clearly won't innos. I mean if you consider the final two kills that won the round, the entire dynamic is different at that point: the server seems quiet, dead bodies line the halls, and two people, oddly, keep tailing you. [conjecture for the sake of the point] Isn't it unfair to view it from the perspective that the only way he evades a week ban is by allowing T's to get the drop on him and lose the round. Just seems lose-lose. 

Also, finally, I'd like to reaffirm that I personally think a week ban for this is way overkill given the above. 

No one asked for it, but this is my opinion as a long-time TTT player on both this server (recently and last year) and others. 

As an innocent, you must have proof of people being traitor. Suspicion simply isn't enough. We also don't have a following rule since it mostly leads to RDM. I don't care if you're a regular or not, if you break the rules, you get punished. You had 0 proof of any of them being Ts, if you're such a regular, why didn't you know the "can't KOS off suspicion" rule? There was no logic behind the kills, just "hmm i dont like how they're looking at me".

The ban should stay and let this be an example that regulars aren't exempt from rule breaking.

Achievements