Roy

[9-15-16]GFL's Current State, Many Decisions, Etc...

Hidden

I can set up ads on forums, but would rather use roy's google adsense. I know it takes a while to be approved. Also should we not consider amazon ads. Definitely as those ads will get us more money for purchases made by users. Although I hear amazon ads take ages for a website to be approved.

Posted  Edited by Darkling · Hidden
Hidden

Personally i agree with the ads on the forums as long as they,

1- Don't make sound 

2- Aren't overbearing on the screen ( underneath the chatbox and topics section there is a pretty big gap where an ads could be placed, empty space is wasted space)

3- Ads are from a reputable advertiser i.e. google adwords or amazon (Would definitely prefer amazon as i believe you can tailor them to your audience such as us with our tech XD

I do believe more of an effort needs to be made on keeping a server populated. (possibly by admins and up or more incentive to wait around)

I have joined a couple of servers only to be greeted by 0 players which any normal player would just leave and find a populated one. But after staying in the server someone joins we get talking and start playing the games... then another joins and so on, until before you know it you've just held a population on what you might have called a dead server... The only issue with this is who wants to wait in a dead server but i don't have any answer to that... (Not the case with all servers)

Also on the recent announcements cant we display server announcements such as;

"Everyone on the 18/09 we want everyone to jump into CS:GO Jailbreak server between (Time and Time zone) to have a look at our new map which has been developed by the one and only @Kim  

For this special event everyone who attends will also receive 150 credits on the server!!! Just think of the Rebellions you can achieve for 150 credits

You could buy some invisibility and sneak off while the wardens giving orders,

Maybe get some armor to make sure you win the Knife fight for Last Request,

Or risk nearly half the credits on the infamous Ava Kadabra ( @Cypher you know what i mean XD )

Here's the server IP: 104.153.105.158:27015

Also feel free to take a peek at the forums here: https://gflclan.com/forums/forum/67-jailbreak-us/ "

used the jailbreak server as an example @HackingPotato 

We need to make sure the first thing people see is activity! ^^ this way we also get the chance to get people interested into a server which otherwise is going downhill and also (Again using Jailbreak as the example) the credits are also incentive for people to donate for VIP/Supporter so they can get the cooler !store purchases in game!

Also the twitter needs someone to be updated more often as the last post was in may :S

I know I've turned this post into more of a suggestion thread but the key to getting people to stay with GFL is by making sure when they see us they see an active community of gamer's. 

Edited by Darkling

Achievements