Jump to content
 Share

Cambr

Online School

Recommended Posts

Are you enjoying online school if you have it, if not are you excited for it? What have some of your challenges, struggles or joys of learning from home? I am just curios to see what people have to say about it.


141919687_forumssig.thumb.jpg.9454d9ffff45b72aee2813e382d8cd24.jpg

 

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

 

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Mejilla said:

Yesterday my professor assigned us a speech that has to be about coronavirus. So we have to record a video, post it on YouTube, and email it to the prof. The catch is, the prof wants us to have an audience of 3-7 people. And if we can’t do that, to have an audience of two. The only two I have are my grandparents, who work full time jobs. They aren’t going to have the time this week to help me with this speech, so rip my grade. So far online classes are definitely not my things and aren’t beneficial in any way. It truly sucks. I just want to graduate :/ 

Yeah I don't understand how teacher wants us to turn in assignments and such. Each teacher wants something different, and its confusing. Also no kids are really even doing it so it makes the classes very small.


141919687_forumssig.thumb.jpg.9454d9ffff45b72aee2813e382d8cd24.jpg

 

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

 

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


They're trying to get teachers in my area to use Microsoft teams, a shitty discord, and Zoom to contact students. So some teachers have sent out videos/assignments through those and have planned some zoom chats for questions. I still have one teacher using edomodo because he's older. Also, all my classes are AP, and they've shortened AP exams this year. So I've technically learned all I need for the exams, which are going to be online and not really secured. So hopefully class won't be too hard. Sorry to people who are having a bad experience; so far this isn't horrible.


“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Achievements

34 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

They're trying to get teachers in my area to use Microsoft teams, a shitty discord, and Zoom to contact students. So some teachers have sent out videos/assignments through those and have planned some zoom chats for questions. I still have one teacher using edomodo because he's older. Also, all my classes are AP, and they've shortened AP exams this year. So I've technically learned all I need for the exams, which are going to be online and not really secured. So hopefully class won't be too hard. Sorry to people who are having a bad experience; so far this isn't horrible.

Yeah, we are using Microsoft teams it is so bad. The teachers did not explain a thing to us about how anything works. I understand the program but there are no schedules or how attendance works or anything.


141919687_forumssig.thumb.jpg.9454d9ffff45b72aee2813e382d8cd24.jpg

 

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

 

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, Mejilla said:

Yesterday my professor assigned us a speech that has to be about coronavirus. So we have to record a video, post it on YouTube, and email it to the prof. The catch is, the prof wants us to have an audience of 3-7 people. And if we can’t do that, to have an audience of two. The only two I have are my grandparents, who work full time jobs. They aren’t going to have the time this week to help me with this speech, so rip my grade. So far online classes are definitely not my thing and aren’t beneficial in any way. It truly sucks. I just want to graduate :/ 

 

Get a few more GFL slaves to watch your speech and have us clap ferociously when you're done.  Don't forget to cough once or twice during the speech and say it's nothing.


PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Joshy said:

 

Get a few more GFL slaves to watch your speech and have us clap ferociously when you're done.  Don't forget to cough once or twice during the speech and say it's nothing.

I like this idea @Mejillayou could do that as the next event lmfao

 


141919687_forumssig.thumb.jpg.9454d9ffff45b72aee2813e382d8cd24.jpg

 

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

 

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I try to avoid online class all together because I am not self discipline enough to focus on studying with my Cisco 1 Network Introduction and my Linux Installation and Configuration. Although I was given tools like VMware workstation and Packet Tracer to  use to emulate, I do miss exploring and configuring the hardware at my college  


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Achievements

On 3/30/2020 at 9:27 PM, Coven said:

I try to avoid online class all together because I am not self discipline enough to focus on studying with my Cisco 1 Network Introduction and my Linux Installation and Configuration. Although I was given tools like VMware workstation and Packet Tracer to  use to emulate, I do miss exploring and configuring the hardware at my college  

CPT is a very good resource to have, as well as VMware.


141919687_forumssig.thumb.jpg.9454d9ffff45b72aee2813e382d8cd24.jpg

 

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

 

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


So far, we've been asked to join a poorly set up discord where we have one class a week that lasts 2 hours about the updates of coronavirus. Why can't I just watch the news?


Untitled57111311111111.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Not enjoying a single bit, I´m at my senior year (fifth year of college in Brazil), I was about to start a project for my final paper, aaaaand, not anymore, since I can´t go to the lab.

 

I´m only having like 2 classes out of 6 online, not really online tbh, one, about sheep culture, our teacher records videos, send us papers and ask us to elaborate questions based on the papers, my other class, physics, we only have to hand some assignments (and I don´t even have trouble doing that, is basically the same ones from last year), other than that it´s pretty boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted  Edited by BrotherWolf

We don't really have a formal class tbh, teachers just post assignments and expect you to do it at the end of the day. It's nice because you can do it in the morning and other stuff later.

 

However, it's EXTREMELY unbalanced. Most of my classes give almost no work but I'm usually getting 3-4 hours of work from bio. It's usually taking up most of my time and that's the worst part. All my other classes usually give 5-10 mins of work, if even any. I don't like this compared to my actual school schedule but it's not absolutely terrible.

 

Zoom sucks though

 

I do prefer school so I can actually have a life outside the internet and talk to my friends, but I like being on and playing with GFL people.

Edited by BrotherWolf

-Brotherwolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 6 months later...

I’m a just keep this short and sweet.

 

I honestly really like the stay at home policy in regards to school and such. when it comes to school, being at home and online gives me the ability to do more things at my own pace- 

 

I also really didn’t like all the anxiety and pressure that I was given when I was on campus whether that be from the socializing part or actually being in a classroom. 
 

I know others will probably disagree but I really hope this online thing for school and other things will actually continue for the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Doesn't make much of a difference for me since my college already offers online classes. :shrug:  

 

I've been taking a good amount of classes online already as well and I've done okay. I like going more at my own pace, although, I feel like some online classes are littered with busy work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Achievements

On 3/30/2020 at 10:38 AM, Cambr said:

Are you enjoying online school if you have it, if not are you excited for it? What have some of your challenges, struggles or joys of learning from home? I am just curios to see what people have to say about it.

I purposefully took off a semester not to deal with online classes, my college is offering in-person classes for Fall semester, so I'm hyped for that. I'm not an online class kind of person, failed 2 online classes last year, not dealing with that BS again

On 10/25/2020 at 10:22 PM, Bue. said:

I’m a just keep this short and sweet.

 

I honestly really like the stay at home policy in regards to school and such. when it comes to school, being at home and online gives me the ability to do more things at my own pace- 

 

I also really didn’t like all the anxiety and pressure that I was given when I was on campus whether that be from the socializing part or actually being in a classroom. 
 

I know others will probably disagree but I really hope this online thing for school and other things will actually continue for the long run.

mines the complete opposite, I can't push myself to do online work, I'd rather be pushed to go to class at a scheduled time & force myself to attend class


Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


School was fun to mess around in, but I am so glad I have online classes this year. I am taking 4 AP classes as a junior in highschool (11th grade for those who don't know) and it makes school so much easier. Also, by the time I am a senior, I am certain a vaccine will have been approved and will be widely available, so I won't be missing anything important. Half of my classes are 2 minutes long and then they are over, so I can just sleep for longer. Basically, online school is the best for highschool juniors. 


jitticus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, TheSadBandit said:

 

mines the complete opposite, I can't push myself to do online work, I'd rather be pushed to go to class at a scheduled time & force myself to attend class

 

I totally hear you. Sometimes I get the same way because I tend to get very demotivated to do anything in regards to school and being forced to go to class would really be the right pusher. Although, I also manage my time pretty well and always have time to end up doing my work, whether it's procrastinated or not lol and online school gives me more of the opportunity to manage everything on my own dime and such-

 

But I would mostly be okay with whichever way, but I also prefer to stay home because not only does it relieve all the anxiety and stress that always came over me when it came for socializing, but it also really cleared my head from all of the toxic things that was embedded into it... for example, bad substances from bad influences. 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I have way too much free time. There's pretty much nothing for me to do except play video games and type on Discord.

Well, that's not true at all, but it's an easy way to occupy my time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Achievements

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...