Jump to content
 Share

VilhjalmrF

Serious RP

Serious RP  

32 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you enjoy/like Serious RP?

  2. 2. Have you played on any Serious RP servers?

  3. 3. Despite your answers above, would you play Serious RP if GFL was to host one?



Recommended Posts

Posted  Edited by VilhjalmrF

Recently I've gotten into more Garry's Mod roleplay servers such as; Imperial RP, Clone Wars RP, and Half-Life 2: RP in which all I've enjoyed so far (HL2:RP being the more serious out of the rest). I just wanna hear from all your experiences onto why you like or dislike Serious RP.

 

I'll start, HL2:RP was my first Serious RP I've played. At first I heard that a lot of people said that it's boring because there's nothing to do cause you're a citizen and combine get all the fun. They are so wrong. You can do so much more with whatever faction you're in. For me I was part of the underworld crime group as a citizen. Smuggling contraband to businesses at the city and making good trades. And the thing is, you don't need to be whitelisted to a job to do this! You can just be in your normal citizen class when you first create it, and just do whatever you want without being limited or restricted to a job description.

 

Hell you can be a combine while also working an smuggling ring. You can be a corrupt CP and force citizens to fight for amusement and gamble. And I literally find it easy to do any of this because it literally only took me a few hours just to find myself to be apart of something fun. Hell today I came across a group of transhumans that formed a religion about themselves (creepy at first but I get the idea out of it). Overall what the people have said about the HL2:RP servers being unfun cause there's nothing going on is false. There's plenty to do, you just gotta work for it.

 

So what about you all? What's your experience? Would you like GFL to have a Serious RP server?

Edited by VilhjalmrF

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Achievements

Seeing a lot of votes, which is good. But it'll be more helpful for inputs and responses cause please kill me I NEED RESULTS MAN!


Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bae

Lol, the only seriousRP I played was Auschwitz RP. It was very fun and pretty unique. There was a 3 different or major roles in the gamemode. You can be Hitler, the Nazi or the Jews. The Jews mission is to either be corrupt and try to fight for freedom or they can stay as slaves and farm/feed. There was options for jews to:

  • milk the cows
  • plant farm stuff plot
  • feed the chickens
  • get water working
  • cook food

It was very realistic. The Nazi, on the other hand, there wasn't much about the role to do except it was more of getting in character so it was mostly or at least it felt like a bunch of abuse. The Nazi have to protect Hitler and enforce all jews to make sure they're doing their job. Instead of stun stick, they had whips. Of course, they used normal arrest thingy instead of the batons. 

 

 

I've also tried MilitaryRP. It was a bit hectic in my experience. Because there's different ranks, it's pretty much like how CWRP is run. There's different regiments and each regiments has it's own role to enforce. The hardest part was the training and improvements that you have to do in order to rank-up. It's easy to get demoted, but harder to get promoted. They also make you do those camp like missions / training. They have a separate area for that and if you keep failing, you keep doing it until you get promoted or if you don't want to do it, you can just stay as your rank or in the worse case scenario, you get demoted.

 

 

As far as if GFL should have SeriousRP is something we should wait and see if DarkRP even populates. If we make another RP and it just kills the other one, is a little sad. We should test out the other RP. If both server stays populated, then probably make another seriousRP server

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Achievements

10 hours ago, Bae said:

Lol, the only seriousRP I played was Auschwitz RP. It was very fun and pretty unique. There was a 3 different or major roles in the gamemode. You can be Hitler, the Nazi or the Jews. The Jews mission is to either be corrupt and try to fight for freedom or they can stay as slaves and farm/feed. There was options for jews to:

  • milk the cows
  • plant farm stuff plot
  • feed the chickens
  • get water working
  • cook food

It was very realistic. The Nazi, on the other hand, there wasn't much about the role to do except it was more of getting in character so it was mostly or at least it felt like a bunch of abuse. The Nazi have to protect Hitler and enforce all jews to make sure they're doing their job. Instead of stun stick, they had whips. Of course, they used normal arrest thingy instead of the batons. 

HL2RP was similar to this in some ways but we had more to do than just work. Same with the CPs who kinda act as of the Nazis in this scenario.

 

10 hours ago, Bae said:

I've also tried MilitaryRP. It was a bit hectic in my experience. Because there's different ranks, it's pretty much like how CWRP is run. There's different regiments and each regiments has it's own role to enforce. The hardest part was the training and improvements that you have to do in order to rank-up. It's easy to get demoted, but harder to get promoted. They also make you do those camp like missions / training. They have a separate area for that and if you keep failing, you keep doing it until you get promoted or if you don't want to do it, you can just stay as your rank or in the worse case scenario, you get demoted.

I was thinking of Military Serious RP and we had this planned a long time ago but arguments and different ideas raise and it just never got done. So for me personally Military Serious RP is not the way to go. Especially because of the structure of it.

 

10 hours ago, Bae said:

As far as if GFL should have SeriousRP is something we should wait and see if DarkRP even populates. If we make another RP and it just kills the other one, is a little sad. We should test out the other RP. If both server stays populated, then probably make another seriousRP server

To be honest in my opinion I don't see Dark RP working out. It's basically the purge server we had but without the actual purge in it. And we all seen how that went. I kinda doubt that even if we get a Serious RP server while also having a Dark RP server it'll cause a divide in population because both two are tremendously different when it comes to RP.


Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Achievements

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by King_Wailord

I'd be down to start a military rp server seeing how good our CWRP server is doing atm (50+ players every single day)

Edited by King_Wailord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Achievements

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...