Doogla

Allowing spec to learn a map.

During the map Dreamin on csgo ze on the final boss i went spectator to learn a little bit more on how to beat the boss after i died. After the boss was dead i asked to be moved to spectator again since i had a cooldown and i was denied by the admins. So im here asking as to why we dont allow people to learn for more than 1 minute if they request to do so. a perfect example would be the map ze_darksouls where triggering takes multiple minutes. How are we supposed to learn the ins and outs of a map if we cant watch? Not everything is on youtube. The server was full at the time, but still why inhibit the players from learning?

gametracker perhaps?

Also an admin was in spectator and moved back into the zombie team once i asked,  may not matter and he was doing admin things. just pointing that out.

Also while i write this an admin is sitting in spectator while the server is full.

@LDA maps are being changed and altered all the time, again that version is on youtube but its a new version who knows whats different or not? and like i said not everything is on youtube. Im not making this topic for allowing just spectating on the map dreamin.

Posted  Edited by Doogla

@gkuo88 you can't learn everything simply by loading in, maps have secrets and triggers and tricks quite hard to find on your own. i.e. secret triggers on dark souls for the third ending. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Edited by Doogla

The server is full a large majority of the time, you only have to look at GT stats to see that we currently have an average of 62 players online in the past month on a 64 slot server. We recognize there is some benefit in being able to spectate, so that's where the 60 second time limit comes into play as a more balanced option. Currently we're only moving people into unlimited spectate for the purpose of leading a map, or a mapper wanting to see things during their map test.

Bottom line is, we don't want things to be how they were before any spectate limitations where we would have up to 10 people just sitting in spectate not playing the game in a full server.

Having the old spec was a god sent to learning pretty much everything in and out about a map in the server. Shame new players will have difficulty trying to get a good footing on learning anything. Taking out spec was pretty much inevitable after a series of problems arose from people abusing it for a laugh and the game tracker drama. Long live spec.