Muffin Man

Muffin Man's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by Muffin Man

Steam Name(s): MUFFIN MAN

SteamID: STEAM_1:1:129303521

Admin that banned you: Infra

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Mute - 7 days

Why should you be unbanned?

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for what was deemed morally wrong, this was not my intention. I wholeheartedly believe I am not a racist but rather, I got caught up in some trouble and messed up. Allow me tell you why -THE- MUFFIN MAN should be unmuted.

Let me take you back a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I have been going through some very difficult times recently, this is not an excuse but rather an explanation as to why I have been acting different and why I said what I said. A few weeks ago, my mother and one of my sons passed away due to a tragic car accident and the financial and emotional fallout have hit me very hard, it’s shaken me to the core. I've been thrown into the woes of drug and alcohol abuse. I have struggled quite a lot with these vices as of late, one of these vices happening to be trolling. Recently I’ve have lost myself, I know this isn’t me and I know I need to be better. It has been half a month since my last mute (Benroy, 2020) and I really thought this time was different, I thought i could could be better and continue this path on the wagon. But as any addict knows, relapse is an ever-present part of the road to recovery. Nearly every success story has bumps and hiccups and this is my bump in the reform of muffin man. "The Greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it" - Molière 

Let me ask you a question, a question that every person has asked themselves in the face of devastation, why me? Why did this terrible thing have to happen to me? That question has been stuck in my mind for the last few weeks, I can't seem to shake it nor can I forget what happened, seeing my loved ones in that state. The only few things that have helped me cope with what has happened are, the alcohol, drugs and surfing. Getting on surf and laughing with my friends are really the only thing keeping me going nowadays. I feel so numb to life, I feel so empty, to my friends, my family and most of all my beautiful boy Brayden (RIP). Everything I do in life is for his memory and my surviving son, to make him proud and to make sure his brother has a beautiful life. On this day (4/5/2020) I have let him and myself down. “Failure is a bend in the road, not the end of the road. Learn from failure and keep moving forward”. – Roy T. Bennett 

This mute has been the wakeup call I needed. The sobering silence which carries throughout my house was once quieted by the sound of my trolling but now is an ever-present horror. A horror I can no longer let destroy me, change is needed, not just for myself but for what family I have left. I am proud to announce I have given up the booze and drugs. I know change can't happen this quick and I agree, but with my family and the entire gfl community behind me, I can and I will return to the loving and caring person you all know me to be. Even now, my first day as the new muffin man. I went on to gfl surf to show everyone the new and improved me, and to just break some records as i usually do. I accidently hit my mic button and I realized that I wasn't muted, so I went onto sourcebans to check if something had happened, maybe I imagined this whole scenario due to the drugs and alcohol but to no surprise, I was still muted. So, I immediately tabbed back into cs go an told an admin that I wasn't muted. The old me wouldn't have said anything, he would have used this opportunity to troll people, but that thought didn’t even cross my mind. This is testament to what I have vowed to do, to improve and better myself. “Don't worry about getting perfect, just keep getting better.” Frank Peretti 

I understand that my actions were wrong and some punishment is needed but to successfully recover and become a better person of this community, but should we be focused on treatment rather than punishment? The tragedy which has befallen me is no fault but mine. But if this community is truly here to help me, then a reduction on a one-week mute would be tremendously beneficial to my journey to being a meaningful, sobered, kinder, and respectful person of this community. "A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” - Steve Maraboli 

-Works Cited-

Roy, Ben. “GFL's SourceBans.” GFL's SourceBans, Gamers For Life,

sourcebans.gflclan.com/.

Edited by Muffin Man

Posted  Edited by Infra

This was an incredibly touching story, almost brought me to tears. I am deeply touched by your tales of woe, and I sympathize with you.

We believe that we are giving you the opportunity to take some time off, reflect on your life and come back as a new, reformed Muffin Man. GFL is a community of support, love and unity - we look out for all our members in their times of grief! Please do not hesitate to reach out to anyone on the admin team for more help or support - we will be glad to help you in these times. However, due to your record of comm-bans, your appeal has been denied.

I sincerely wish you the best, as things will get better!

"All pain is a punishment, and every punishment is inflicted for love as much as for justice."  - Joseph De Maistre

:happytree:

Edited by Infra

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

1 minute ago, ARN said:

Very touching story. See you in a week. Hope you can recover from the trauma.  Lmao

I'm kinda scared to reply to you, dont want you doxxing me like you doxxed others!!!!!!! 

• Guest locked this topic