Alucard33rd

Bump Button

I think it is a good idea to implement a [BUMP] button for Managers+. The bump button will bump the thread without having to comment on it. The thread will be posted on the "Topic" box on the right of website, acting like a new thread. Yes, this idea isn't original but is useful.

Might want to make sure that once bumped it cannot be bumped again for a full week. Could only imagine the nightmares it would cause if it could be bumped daily, or hourly.

Otherwise, +1 for a good idea.

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

1 hour ago, Bae said:

What kind of thread would require a bump?

Things such as giveaways, announcements for things such as an update that'll cause the site to go down on a certain date, etc.

maxresdefault.jpg

9qgn1Zn.png

was good knowin you

M E M E S

Spoiler

c8t20uJ.png

NYsFw15.png

pRMNTno.png

iGOJUvA.png

9qgn1Zn.png

F11Vx5A.png

YK0zrGH.png

D I S C O R D

V5BjkfK.png

NHMZswY.png

4M7pOXZ.png

aURPCME.png

XYga1Wn.png

7VakUEv.png

ecErTIf.png

cc1LDBw.png

D E N R O S

giphy.gif

D O N T   F O R G E T   W I L F O R D

SDjQmNz.png

D O N T   F O R G E T   J E R M

9qgn1Zn.png

Spoiler

Former Garry's Mod Jailbreak Manager

Former CS:S Bhop Manager

Former CS:S Dust 2 Manager

#MakeGMODGreatAgain

#BringBackGMODJailbreak

#BringBackJermsquad

#Hacking4CA

53 minutes ago, Addy said:

Things such as giveaways, announcements for things such as an update that'll cause the site to go down on a certain date, etc.

I understand this part.

55 minutes ago, TheKingOfPyros said:

Admin apps(?)

I don't understand this part. I mean, the manager+ could restrict post count on the sections that requires member themselves to bump their admin apps. This isn't really up to the manager to bump at all. It's not the manager's job to bump other people's admin application so that his/her admins can vote on it. Like it says on the OP, it's only for Manager+ to be able to bump. It'll be way too abusive if lower ranks does it. It'll be like constant spam of bumps of moving topics back to new topic area; and if it was for lower ranks, I'm pretty sure the CA+ would have to review them to see if it's necessary.

I'll support the idea if it's only for Manager+.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by CrusTi

@Bae I didnt intend this suggestion for admins apps, mostly important things, information and higher up topics.

I don't understand this part. I mean, the manager+ could restrict post count on the sections that requires member themselves to bump their admin apps.

The point is to make it easier and just a one click thing

Edited by CrusTi

47 minutes ago, CrusTi said:

@Bae I didnt intend this suggestion for admins apps, mostly important things, information and higher up topics.

The point is to make it easier and just a one click thing

You should really be directing that to Pyro, because I only quote him. I already know it'll be a 100% no on admin apps.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by SouRD
3 hours ago, Addy said:

Aswell im with @CrusTi

No lie sometimes i will get an application i will look at it and then I will play with  either A life hits and i forget. B. I think the person is immature and looking for an excuse to be respected on the server so I ignore them and move on. I feel even my manager @Benroyjam has forgotten about a players admin application at least once. 

1 bump once every 2  weeks unless admin plus? 

1 bump on admins apps only 

Bumping giveaways would be nice so i dont have to steam pm or shoutbox advertise

Join my giveaway 

Edited by SouRD

Summary: Bump may already exist, but not 100% sure.  Not against this proposal, but have some concerns and recommended work-around.

One of the options I have is a to "feature" a post, so I am not 100% sure if this might do the same thing as we're describing here.  I'm not willing to tr it yet because I am thinking it might also put an announcement at the top of the forums too or send a PM to everyone...  Looked around on IPS support and feature is used too many other times for me to find the context of it.

You can see it on the bottom of their guide on the following page

https://invisionpower.com/4guides/how-to-use-ips-community-suite/moderating-members-and-content/moderating-content-r74/

One thing I have noticed is that Server Managers will temporarily pin a thread of interest as a work around, and it seems to work well; I totally get that it's not super practical on applications though.  I wouldn't be against them having a bump button, but I am also hesitant on it because it may be more trouble than it's worth.  I'd rather if people just got the free post count..  I'd strongly prefer if they were clever about it ie. instead of just posting "bump" post something like "I'm just inquiring on the status of this application" or "Just letting you guys know that this giveaway is still open!  Post for your chance to win this treasure".  If you're on an admin team then you should be encouraging fellow team members to post or mention something by PM - this works great in the CS:S Surf RPG DM team and I've seen a few other teams do it as well.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152