Brotherwolf

When do you think life will return to what it was before COVID-19?

Posted  Edited by BrotherWolf

So I've been in quarantine for a while and I'm constantly thinking, "When will this go away and when can we go back to normal lives?"

My normal life was filled with activity like band and being on my school's tennis team, plus hanging around in school with my friends and the people that I liked to be around, but when quarantine hit, I'm now just doing online class and playing here, so I bring up this question because I want to know your experiences and when you think this time period will end.

Personally, I think quarantine will last me the whole summer since I live in North Carolina, a state with 10,000,000 people, but I want to know how/when you think COVID will resolve

Edited by BrotherWolf

-Brotherwolf

With enough of a downturn in cases, we might open in a few months, but because a vaccine won't be available for at least 18 months, we might have to close again after a few more months.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Honestly I don't think we will ever go back to our "normal lives". Even when we get a vaccine for the virus, we will now have two viruses to deal with.

Kids don't think much of it since we've all had yearly influenza shots our whole lives. But the flu is actually a rather dangerous virus. You can catch the flu when you're 20 years old and reach a temperature of 102. Despite how strong your immune system is at that age, you can still get pretty sick if you catch it.

Covid-19 is even stronger. It has the capability of permanently damaging your lungs. It's all around a scarier virus. Even when we do find a vaccine, we are going to have to keep up with it like we do with the flu. Hygiene laws and regulations are going to be more strict. Hand washing is going to be a requirement in schools, restaurants, and stores... Overall our lives are going to change due to this virus. It's not gonna go away. This virus is here to stay.

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

Posted  Edited by Warceus

I think after there's some kind of statement saying the lockdown is over or something, many people including me probably want to get back into our regular routine ASAP or do a lot of activity to express some freedom for a period of time. I'm itching to get out. But as what Rocket said, hygiene regulations will be more strict. It will be hard to push those new habits over ones we had for years. I'm not saying its impossible, but there will be a considerable amount of time before we say that everything back to normal.

Edited by Warceus

harid_banner.thumb.png.a2c3417f65254627947ee30d83c3f2d1.png

I make Forza related pictures.

ec85f122-b2e6-47e5-8595-f3c0386a2fec.thumb.jpg.1bd32b01001e971abc6d7f9f437a4fac.jpgb5b694c4-4d0e-44ae-bc91-b3e45c189864.thumb.jpg.44385542bbc8cf92c15871c4539acbe3.jpg

ScreenShot_17-05-29_11-17-42-000.jpg

1 hour ago, _Rocket_ said:

Honestly I don't think we will ever go back to our "normal lives". Even when we get a vaccine for the virus, we will now have two viruses to deal with.

Kids don't think much of it since we've all had yearly influenza shots our whole lives. But the flu is actually a rather dangerous virus. You can catch the flu when you're 20 years old and reach a temperature of 102. Despite how strong your immune system is at that age, you can still get pretty sick if you catch it.

Covid-19 is even stronger. It has the capability of permanently damaging your lungs. It's all around a scarier virus. Even when we do find a vaccine, we are going to have to keep up with it like we do with the flu. Hygiene laws and regulations are going to be more strict. Hand washing is going to be a requirement in schools, restaurants, and stores... Overall our lives are going to change due to this virus. It's not gonna go away. This virus is here to stay.

Yeah, that's scary to think about but tbh I can see a possibility of that. That's gonna be a rough change and I wonder how society will deal with that.

Also, isn't COVID-19 a combination of multiple viruses already, one being the flu itself?

-Brotherwolf

Just now, BrotherWolf said:

Also, isn't COVID-19 a combination of multiple viruses already, one being the flu itself?

Nope. Viruses cannot "combine". I suggest you do some independent research on what viruses are and how they work. A virus itself is essentially a shell with instructions inside. You can't combine viruses because that would require genetic engineering, which engineering a virus is Illegal across the entire planet since it is considered a kind of chemical warfare.

COVID-19 is a branch of an already existing virus. Coronavirus has existed long before the COVID-19 outbreak. I'm not experienced in this field, so doing independent research is recommended instead of listening to some random programmer on the internet lol

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

I think this will have a very similar impact as 9/11 did on the US.

I think the already bad gap between the wealthy and the poor will worsen, and especially for minorities; I also believe education will tank.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by BrotherWolf
40 minutes ago, _Rocket_ said:

COVID-19 is a branch of an already existing virus. Coronavirus has existed long before the COVID-19 outbreak. I'm not experienced in this field, so doing independent research is recommended instead of listening to some random programmer on the internet lol

Ahh okay, thanks, I'll make sure to do some research on it

Edited by BrotherWolf

-Brotherwolf

Life might just continue like before the outbreak. There might be stock market crashes, but nothing big.

𝓚𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓼𝓮𝓭𝓭

Qualified gamer and professional moron

Admin on Breach (loony bin)

Achievements

Guest Saizy
36 minutes ago, Kaitsedd said:

but nothing big.

:omegalul:

Honestly, I think June or July we will be released out of quarantine. People will still be reluctant to go outside and wear masks, but yea I think in the summer it will be reopened. The stock market is going back up. We are about 4000 points down from February, which is when it spiked down. I have been seeing a lot of people putting way too much trust into fast food and restaurants, by this I mean I see people getting fast food like 4 times a week. Not every place is following the protocol with glove changing and washing your hands. 

jitticus

I think we will slowly open back up, but I'd say it will be a year until everything goes back close to normal. I'm waiting to see this fall. It could be worse or some just flare ups in densely populated areas. In the next couple months, events like concerts, games, or large gatherings could be cancelled or delayed to next year because they probably want to be cautious. 

spacer.png

I think we are never going to return to what was before, corona is taking a huge toll on everybody, every nation, and all who lived through this pandemic will be scarred. Once this is over, life is going to return to "normal", schools working, doing groceries without fear etc.

However, we will always remember, especially how our country dealt with corona (here in Brazil, Bolsonaro, our president, is really, really stupid, he doesn´t give a shit, like, they asked him about the death and he said "well, my name is Messias, but I can´t do miracles").

Tl;Dr, we will never go back to our way before the pandemic.

On 5/9/2020 at 3:45 AM, _Rocket_ said:

You can't combine viruses because that would require genetic engineering, which engineering a virus is Illegal across the entire planet since it is considered a kind of chemical warfare.

>You can't combine a virus but you can combine a virus

On 5/9/2020 at 3:45 AM, _Rocket_ said:

COVID-19 is a branch of an already existing virus. Coronavirus has existed long before the COVID-19 outbreak

That's not how it works, Coronaviruses are a group of viruses, that fall into the subfamily Orthocoronavirinae, that doesn't mean every Coronavirus is a branch of another one, most human coronaviruses cause the common cold and Covid-19 is the disease name, not the virus name