Gooss

One of the most toxic players in the history of [GFLClan.com] TTT Minecraft 24/7 | Jihad | Pointshop | DM: Horny Goose

Hi there. If you're reading this, it means I am permanently banned from GLF Clan. Honestly, it's really hard to accept. It was my own doing, so I guess you could say I had it coming. Regardless, I am going to do my best to explain in depth why I believe I should remain a member GLF Clan and play on the Garry's Mod servers. Let's start from the beginning: 

I first purchased Garry's mod in December 2013. Ever since then, I have been notorious across TTT servers. The game is so addictive, it's like crack for babies. The rules of Trouble in Terrorist Town are simplistic and worldly renowned. If you spawn in as an innocent, your goal is to not shoot anyone unless you have proof they're a traitor. If you spawn in as traitor, your goal is to kill everyone except fellow traitors. Traitors are aloud to user gadgets, map traps, tactics and overall skill to kill as many innocents as possible, without getting caught. If you spawn in as a detective, your goal is to investigate murders using DNA scanners and gadgets, while at the same time protecting the innocent. Now, to the admin who will be reviewing this appeal, you may be wondering why I am explaining a familiar construct. My reasoning is so that you can understand that I am just as familiar with the game mechanics as you are. So what makes me so notorious across TTT servers you may ask? 

RDM: Random death match. (rules are meant to be broken)
I am well know across TTT servers for RDM. I've never found enjoyment in doing it, but it's like it's been ingrained into my brain. Could be a physiological disorder of some-kind, seeing as it's just so easy to commit RDM. The way I see it, anyone who jumps on TTT will be a victim of RDM at some point. If you can't accept that, then you're a lost cause. Is it right, no, but it's unpreventable. Welcome to the virtual world. I was never originally called Gooss/Horny Goose either. I've only every had one steam acount, but have changed my username a multitude of different times. Gooss was a name I picked out because I was copying the username of a user named Dukk, who had a profile picture of a rubber duck. I managed to find an image of a toy goose and used it as my profile picture. Which brings us to:

My introduction to GLF Clan:
I've always admired the map, "ttt_minecraft_b5" for it's simplicity. It's pretty much all you'd ever ask for in a TTT map. Traitor tester, traitor rooms, clever traitor traps, ledges you can fall off, a way for innos to instantly win the round if they so choose, vantage points to snipe people at from long distances, swimming, etc. etc. etc. I could go on for hours about what makes this individual map is so special. Under the username Gooss, I first played on [GFLClan.com] TTT Minecraft 24/7 | Jihad | Pointshop | DM in late February 2020. Within less than a month I RDM'd an reserved my first ban. It was a 1 week ban. At this time, I didn't have any interest in becoming a member of GLF Clan. After the week had past, I jumped back on the server. A couple of days had past and people started to recognize me. I kept getting people telling me I should become a member, so I did. Except, the first couple of times I tried to apply, I didn't set up the application correctly. Then I stopped checking the website entirely. Went back to playing on the server and I met the user "Horny Moose." (Great guy) He would make jokes about me not being a real "goose." (genuinely a funny guy too) As a result, my sense of humor became more cynical and I had evolved into "Horny Goose."  I had RDM'd multiple people under this name for roughly a week or so, but was never fully punished. One day, I smoked some marijuana and hopped in the server. When it got to be a detective round, I shot and killed Horny Moose, Bae and another user I forget the name of. INSTANTLY BANNED FOR MASS! (As one should be, I'll admit.) It was a 3 week ban. Except rather than just waiting for the ban to expire, something sparked in me that had never been there before. I actually cared. It's one thing to just RDM, get banned and never go back to that server, but this was different. The community of GLF Clan is full of the most respectable players I've ever encountered. Tango World Wide ain't got shit on GLF Clan. For only being gone a week, it dug into me that I missed playing on [GFLClan.com] TTT Minecraft 24/7 | Jihad | Pointshop | DM. So, I joined the clan and attempted to appeal the ban. The appeal was denied and maybe justifiably so. After all, getting high is no accuse to brutal murder people. Same rules apply for over the internet. I recognize this. So, I waited the extra two weeks for the ban to expire. Which gave me enough time to start getting into Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Seige, which I play regularly.

How I became one of the most toxic players on the server:
After the 3 week ban, I proceeded to continue playing on the server, except this time I wasn't RDMing as much. I learned my lesson not to go on a rampage if I was an innocent. I loved how it became more competitive now that I was taking the game seriously. Rather than looking at the game as a means to shoot virtual bullets... At least for a while. (I might be depressed) The level of intensity I brought over the microphone, however, went from cynical laughs to me leaving a negative impression on other players. It also didn't help that I eventually crept back into my RDM phase and was getting more vulgar by the day. I wasn't as easily caught because I would be too easily forgiven for the snarkiest responses I left on every report I received. Eventually, I got karma banned on 3 separate occasions as a result of this rational behavior. It was almost too smart for my own good that I found ways to get around a third mass RDM ban. The lesson I thought I had learn I had never properly ingrained into my brain. It was easier to just shoot people, ask questions later. Discombobulators were one of the biggest offenders, as I could run around holding them to throw them at the last second of explosion. As well as throwing them off the tower randomly. Am I a monster? I'll leave that up to interpretation. What I do know is it only took a couple bad days playing on the server for my cynicism to really start setting in, full circle. One day, I logged on to encounter a group of players that really set me off. One of them began making false claims on mic and in reports saying I used the N word.  This is not true. The player was then banned from the server for false reports. I did however use the f word, (f*****) against that other player. I was never gagged, but looking back, I probably should have been. Another than reported me, claiming I use "aim-bot." I don't expect the reader of this report to understand what it was like. You would have had to been there. It offends me still because I have no personal use or desire to download any type of aim-bot. It sickens me that I'd ever be accused of such a thing. I may be a prick in game, but not a cheater. I was then falsely KOS'd by user Lucas2k for no reason during my T round where I never attacked anyone. Lucas2k was then banned for "targeting." I was so heated, I had to leave the session that day. Not too long after, I commited another mass RDM of 3 AFK's and was banned. Which to be fair was justified. It's just that if I knew I would be permanently banned with no way of ever getting another chance to play on any of your servers, I probably would have thought twice before doing so. 

Conclusion:
I've always done the things I do all in the name of "fun." I would never blatantly wish to make someones day a living hell. Although I may be one of the most toxic players on [GFLClan.com] TTT Minecraft 24/7 | Jihad | Pointshop | DM, I do recognize that all the people I'm playing with/against are people with their own lives. I am in no way a narcissists. However, I do need to improve a lot of things about the way I play on [GFLClan.com] TTT Minecraft 24/7 | Jihad | Pointshop | DM before returning. For anyone that may want to add insight into resolving some of these issues, don't be shy, shoot me a message. I am open to brutal honesty. And it's not just [GFLClan.com] TTT Minecraft 24/7 | Jihad | Pointshop | DM I care about. I had interest in playing on the murderer and hide in seek servers at some point. But hey, I don't expect it to go my way. Even if this appeal is denied, it was still worth the effort.

Thank you for reading.
Sincerely: Horny Goose.

Posted  Edited by TimeForYouToGetAWatch

So after reading this, I will say this is by far the longest ban appeal I ever seen.

I would like to point out a couple of things however.

So you call yourself “one of the most toxic players” and personally from what I seen, people don’t hate you at all. You have fun and they have fun with you, although I wouldn’t say rdm is a very efficient way of having fun, it’s not like you’re doing it just to ruin everyone’s experience. 

I was present when players were claiming that you were saying bad stuff when you weren’t. When you decided to talk, your tone was off as it seemed like they clearly made you mad or disappoint at them. 

Now according to a recent update in ban appeals, seniors and managers are the ones who deal with it, not the one who banned you (unless it was a senior admin or manager to the respected game). Tomorrow (because it’s late at night) I will be discussing with other admins about your behavior, tone, reasons, etc. I do ask that you’re patient with the response and decision, as obviously this is an important decision for you and us. 

Have a great day!

In other words: Ban appeal will be put on hold until further discussion with other admins. This is not accepted or denied yet.

Also you didn’t follow format:

https://gflclan.com/forms/75-gmod-ttt-mc-247-muteban-appeals/

Please provide steamid, thanks!

Edited by TimeForYouToGetAWatch

Yeah, I realized it got posted 4 times. The site kept giving me a 404 error every time I tried to post it. Then I realized it posted 4 times and I don't know how to delete it. So...

Sorry for not following the format as well. Appreciative of the response.