Roy

Anybody Interested In (e)BPF/XDP/TC?

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about creating some C tutorials utilizing eBPF, XDP, and TC. However, first, I wanted to see if anybody had interest in this. You can give this article a read to understand (e)BPF and XDP more. There are many other resources online that can be found via Google.

Basically, you can make XDP/TC programs for fast packet processing. Unfortunately, the BPF compiler is quite strict and can be a pain while trying to implement more complex features (such as payload matching in my case).

If anybody is also interested in seeing benchmarks with XDP, TC, and other tools such as IPTables, you may view this article or refer to the following image:

numbers-xdp-1.png

Thanks.

Hidden

I found that writing guides before the need or interests exists is okay, and always great to refer to later; it's also a fun experience and you learn a lot yourself along the way (even if you're already strong with the topics).

I know you're working now too more full-time career in skilled positions.  To my surprise: My current employer has advised me to not to post guides neither release projects even if it's open source and not directly related/competitive.  New stuff is high risk, but they can't do anything about the things I've already posted.  I wonder for your type of work if you might stumble upon a surprise like that too.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152