BeatBoxBattleMe

Taking GFL To The Next Level

The idea with creating competitive teams and competing in tournaments is very ambitious, but maybe even a bit outlandish. I think the entire concept requires an insane amount of effort to be put into it so I wouldn't be surprised if it got put on the back-burner for the time being. Unless someone in a higher-up role comes forward saying they'd be willing to take on the task, it's probably not worth typing an absurd amount of words about it so I'll touch on the other topics.

Social media is extremely important. Someone touched upon the fact that GFL's Twitch can't become affiliated for whatever reason. The details there are vague, but allowing people to stream on the Twitch is beneficial nonetheless. More exposure for the community and the servers can't be harmful. An inactive Twitch account does nothing for you, so if you're not utilizing it there's no sense in having it hyperlinked at the bottom of the forum. 

Twitter is probably the best way to earn more exposure currently and the GFL account is also hyperlinked at the bottom of the forum, so it makes no sense that it isn't be utilized. It actually has a pretty decent amount of followers already, now you just need someone or multiple people to dedicate a bit of time to post stuff regarding the community on there. If I recall correctly from my time in-game, it's also advertised in chat, which is great. However, the advertising you do for it will do nothing unless it's active, because no one is going to follow an inactive account.

Once again regarding socials, the YouTube channel lying dormant is useless. There's a lot of different ways you could go about making it active, sort of how you could go many different routes with the Twitch. The details mentioned about the channel itself were scarce, the only thing touched upon was having partnered with a large YouTuber. However, if it's the person linked under the affiliates, this person seems to only post videos of Zombie Escape. So there should be no conflict of interest if we were to grow our YouTube with other content.

Shooting for more affiliates is a good thing to pursue, but it's not super crucial. The HumbleBundle partnership is a great thing to offer to a gaming community like this one and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets used a lot. There's definitely other places you can partner up with to flood your affiliates section, but it'd mostly be for show. GFL is large enough to go for some bigger stuff (and it was mentioned that it's been offered something big before) but you really need some dedicated people to seek this stuff out, which leads to my next point.

I think either having a dedicated role for this stuff or choosing certain people to do it is the best way of going about this. Taking a look at the thread detailing the ranks, it doesn't seem like it'd fit in with the responsibility set for any current ranks. Realistically, the only people to take on daunting tasks like these would be Directors currently, but that doesn't seem efficient with how much they probably already have on their plates. I'm doubtful that someone is going to pop out of nowhere and request to do this stuff and honestly even if they did, one person would have trouble doing this on their own. Even a group of randomly selected people would get sloppy with their work with no overseer like the current teams have.

Good ideas, promotes growth. You need a group of people with a dedicated, qualified leader to get them done.

I am not very surprised, but it is still disappointing.

Community Advisor use to somewhat handle this, but that role has transformed into more of a safe retirement position in my opinion... speaking for the seemingly general case it's mostly holding a title and probably a few words in a Trusted forum, but I would imagine it's a lot of predetermined decisions not swayed very much between kids.  It's not to say everyone in there is useless, but the position is not effective as it once use to be; people at least use to be more curious and interested in the role, and so you can really tell when nobody is aiming for it anymore.  At the very least I think it's fair to say the position has been neutered and I don't people outside of that position would care if it were removed.  It makes sense because from the top of the hierarchy they have never been able to handle news they don't want to hear, and so you really don't need community advisors if you were going to do it your way anyways.  Seems to be working out fantastic for the Trump administration 😅.

The statement about the Trump administration is sarcasm.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152