ISGBrady

Charlotte NC Protests

Posted  Edited by ISGBrady

Protests have erupted in Charlotte, North Carolina after African American Keith Lamont Scott was shot and killed by black officer Brentley Vinson on Tuesday. The protest on Tuesday night was not so bad, but the Wednesday night protest so far is deadly with about 800 people taking part. So far, eight people have been taken to a local hospital. Seven of those were police officers and one was a civilian. One other civilian was also reported to have been killed by a gun headshot, shooter to have been another civilian. Looting is also taking place in nearby stores. This protest is just taking place two hours away from me... I'm hoping we don't see any more casualties and that we don't see one here.

Edited by ISGBrady

- 1,000+ hours on record on GMod

- Sports enthusiast 

- Lenny enthusiast ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

b_560x95.png

RainbowLenny( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).gif

Update: The civilian shot in the head has been confirmed dead, shooter still unknown.

EDIT: Shooter confirmed to be another civilian.

Edited by ISGBrady

- Sports enthusiast 

b_560x95.png

It's a damn shame that people turn protests into violent affairs when they can be peaceful. Worst part is that those assholes who start rioting/looting probably don't even believe in "the cause" and are just doing it to cause chaos or to get free shit. 

"Be good people"

10 hours ago, Major_Push said:

It's a damn shame that people turn protests into violent affairs when they can be peaceful. Worst part is that those assholes who start rioting/looting probably don't even believe in "the cause" and are just doing it to cause chaos or to get free shit. 

Yeah it was peaceful at first... but then it turned into people smashing windows of buildings and cars, blocking the highway, jumping on cars, throwing back tear gas at police, tackling news reporters, breaking into and looting nearby stores, and also headshotting a civilian! What does looting, killing a fellow protester, smashing windows have to do with a black cop killing a black civilian? It just seems more like a riot than a protest.

- Sports enthusiast 

b_560x95.png

I hate this stupid riot happening here in Charlotte. Although, I don't get why people are doing this every time this "shooting" happens. I've also heard that one NFL team, Carolina Panthers, may relocate their upcoming game to Clemson, SC.

76561198043643390.png

4 minutes ago, Benroyjam said:

I hate this stupid riot happening here in Charlotte. Although, I don't get why people are doing this every time this "shooting" happens. I've also heard that one NFL team, Carolina Panthers, may relocate their upcoming game to Clemson, SC.

Panthers have played at Clemson before. But to see them playing there again because of this is just sad.

Edited by ISGBrady

- Sports enthusiast 

b_560x95.png

37 minutes ago, Benroyjam said:

Honestly, there's just some people who see an opportunity to take free stuff so they take it. 

"Be good people"

48 minutes ago, ISGBrady said:

Panthers have played at Clemson before. But to see them playing there again because of this is just sad.

Correct, it was at their first year. I believe they're doing this because of security concerns over this riot. 

76561198043643390.png

12 minutes ago, Benroyjam said:

Correct, it was at their first year. I believe they're doing this because of security concerns over this riot. 

News just came in that the NFL is planning to keep the game in Charlotte, but they're exploring emergency options.

- Sports enthusiast 

b_560x95.png

14 hours ago, Major_Push said:

Don't worry, just a small population of Americans being expressive about their bursting at the seams anger. Nothing us globalists have to worry about. :lenny:

Seriously America has problems. America is not alone in this btw. People deny it cause they don't wanna hear about it but it has serious issues we're not addressing properly.  It also helps to see how people dig up very old shit to find a sense of entertainment or nostalgia.

We're doing a disservice to ourselves when we leave someone behind. Just wait until there's a reason for a visible economic collapse. The Fed can't even raise the rates above 0.25%.... The real party will probably begin although for most of us it began in 2008. Heck I basically had to recently fire peo.... no I mean lay off. That's the correct term to say I think. :lenny:

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

A third protest is currently underway tonight. Very peaceful so far, let's hope it stays that way... reports say there's a midnight curfew.

Edited by ISGBrady

- Sports enthusiast 

b_560x95.png

The video of the shooting that was recorded by Scott's wife was released earlier today... The city of Charlotte is bracing theirselves for more protests.

- Sports enthusiast 

b_560x95.png

Posted  Edited by FancyGreg

If only someone would denounce the horrid protests... I feel as if NC has to call in National Guard and put themselves in a State of Emergency, you're not making very much of a difference. MLK is rolling in his grave.

These are some of the protesters' "demands" 

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/780031472300359680

Edited by FancyGreg