Reverb

Pokèmon Showdown Tournament

Pokémon Showdown Event

Hello everyone, welcome to a new type of event in GFL which involves Pokémon. This event will be run using the browser game Pokémon Showdown! This event will be played using Generation 7 random battles. 8 players (amount may vary depending on number players who show interest) will compete head to head with a randomly generated team to work their way to the top of the bracket with intense 1v1s to become the Pokémon champion.

-------------------------------

Event Details 

Start date: May 31st, 2020

Round time: 5:00 PM Central Standard Time (6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time)

Battle type: Generation 7 random battles 

Hosted by: @Lemillion

Event Rules

• Show respect to all players.

• Show up to the event on time.

• Don’t spend a long time picking each move. 

• Do not give an advantage to either player if you are spectating ( helping them with what moves to pick ect) 

• You may not battle without having an Event coordinator spectate the battle live. 

Rewards

You win a forum badge if you end up in 1st place! A preview of it can be seen below:

a02VnVQmp3AdQSf14_7v_H7tMupqQ4HgfNxFZ_5c6xIGbjdGCR-IhzW3q8vKSlGX16nDVOb5UyFj2Fhmi8tmJWDDgtHq8e9YJduwt2X5q06YFNpLS8xxHebTgQncKoQRAA

How to sign up

The first 8 people to respond to this post saying they would like to enter will be entered in. (see first paragraph to understand this number may vary)

Random Battles Rules and Explanation

All Players will be required to join the Main GFL discord and enter the event channel at the time of the event. I will @ 2 people in that channel to battle and spectate them. You cannot battle without having an Event coordinator spectate your battle. 

You will search up your opponent's username on showdown, provided to you by the event coordinator . Each player will get a completely random team. Some teams may be more unbalanced than others in this specific tournament and keep in mind, this tournament does involve luck and skill. At the start of each battle, the website will assign you a different random team. Best of luck to everyone who participates! DM me (Lemillion#2875) or post a response if you have any further questions. Thank you!

image0.png?width=226&height=375

Achievements

Guest Saizy

I'd like to join.

Posted  Edited by LureDragon
On 5/25/2020 at 8:58 AM, LureDragon said:

Sign me up if it isn’t already too late 

Turns out I won’t actually be able to make it due to another event on CWRP. Sorry!

Edited by LureDragon

Due to the withdraws from 

• William 
  • Lure
  • Cozmo  

I Will be taking the 8th spot. This leaves the tournyment with @Duck. @Kettermelon @Magiconix @Sofics @Daystar @TimeForYouToGetAWatch  @Buzzz And Me Hope You are all ready. ( If anyone wants to participate I will happily give up my place just please let me know at least 1 Hour before the event :D)  This is what the bracket will look like for the tournament

890002307_TournamentBracketGenerator-Challonge-GoogleChrome2020-05-314_56_41AM.thumb.png.43e9a1c45e87612402466081f76c62be.png

image0.png?width=226&height=375

Achievements

I still want to beat your ass @Daystar

𝓚𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓼𝓮𝓭𝓭

Qualified gamer and professional moron

Admin on Breach (loony bin)

Achievements