Icarus_

Unable to connect to GFL servers with home IP

Hi,

For whatever reason, I am unable to connect to any garrys mod GFL server with my home ip address. However, if I use a VPN i can connect just fine. 

Im not banned, so is anyone able to shed some light on the situation? Its just started overnight...

Cheers :D

Moved this thread to technical support.

Could you please provide the SteamID of the account you were using when attempting to connect. Also, which server(s) are you referring to here?

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

Posted  Edited by Icarus_ - Edit Reason: Update steamID

Thanks for the response.

Its the gmod ttt and prop hunt servers. 

Steam ID:STEAM_1:0:23114584

Also just got a message saying this when I tried to reconnect: "[ZAC]: Attempting to exploit ULX"

Ive checked the sourcebans page and I cant seem to find myself and, to my knowledge, ive done nothing wrong.

Edited by Icarus_
Update steamID

I know this is gmod but this could still be relevant here.

If you can, perform the tracert steps found in the following thread:

Thanks

yeah.gif

This is likely due to the filters I've put in-place for SRCDS servers regarding the temporary solution I proposed in this post. As of right now, any traffic that isn't from source port 27005 is blocked. I was thinking a lot of people would use the 27005 source port since it's default and while a lot of people have this set as the source port (you can check via the clientport command in-game), their routers are doing something weird and changing the source port per connection (a source port mapping method). I underestimated the amount of players this affects.

As for the VPN working, it probably is routing to one of the POPs that doesn't have these filter rules applied (3/4 of the US POPs don't have this set at the moment and some in Europe as well). In order to get a VPN/forwarding server working correctly that is forwarding to one of the POPs where the filters are applied, you'd need an SNAT rule that sources out as port 27005 so the forwarding server uses that port to communicate with the POP/game servers. This is what I did as a temporary solution for other players having the same issue and I can certainly do it for you as well if you let me know which servers you're wanting to connect to.

Anyways, I plan to revert this specific filter change on all POPs later today. I'm going to be looking into implementing handshake whitelisting to the network which I was hoping would wait until Compressor V2, but with the recent attacks and this source port issue, it looks like I'm going to have to figure something out (I know what needs to be done and I can do it, it's just a pain in the ass).

I apologize for the inconvenience. It should be resolved later today when I'm not as burnt out/busy with my job.

Thanks!

The change was reverted earlier and you should be able to connect to the game servers now. 

Thanks!