cyanidee

I can no longer connect to servers hosted by nfoservers (Including GFL ZE)

I already made a post about this under the cs:go ZE category, but since this is more of a networking issue that has little to do with ZE (as a gamemode) specifically, I thought of posting here.

Thursday evening, I was playing GFL ZE which is hosted by nfo, when I timed out of the server to discover that I can no longer connect to any server hosted by nfo.

About half of my favorites list of servers was impacted by this, and running a tracert for all the ones I lost connection to shows that they were all hosted by nfo.

I checked my firewall and network filter and made sure that nfo was not being blocked, to no avail.

I cannot even load nfoservers.com (the main website) from my home IP.

Using a VPN allows me to gain connection to the nfo servers again, meaning that @Roy is most likely correct about nfo blocking my home IP (from original post in ZE category)

What actions should I take to get my home IP unblocked? I can provide screenshots of the tracert results in a DM.

The manager or I need to submit a ticket to NFO to have them confirm the IP is blocked and unblock it if necessary. Typically, NFO/Internap blocks IPs that are performing port scans or other possible malicious activity against their network. Therefore, I'd suggest that you start performing virus scans to ensure you aren't compromised.

I will make a ticket in a bit.

EDIT

Please provide the trace route results to me in DM.

Thanks.

I've received the following from NFO:

It looks like that IP was blocked, I have passed it along for removal for you now.

They should be removing it soon.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, CyanideSix said:

Looks everything is working now. Thanks for the help!

No problem :)