Roy

Looking For A Web/PHP Developer!

Hey everyone,

I'm posting this publicly in the case there's somebody interested who may not be a part of our Developer Team yet.

We are looking for a PHP/Web developer who is willing to learn the IPS 4 API. We have major projects including a donation system that need to be made.

For organization and maintenance reasons, we'd prefer if these applications were made utilizing the IPS 4 API so everything can be managed and configured within the IPS 4 AdminCP. This'll make it easy to give certain groups or individuals permissions to execute certain tasks along with keeping all configuration handled within the AdminCP.

The projects will be tracked in our GitHub organization located here.

If you're interested, please let @Nick or I know!

Thank you for your time.

Hidden

There is publicly available IPS plugins that most likely do exactly what you are looking for, and I found one within seconds on google that looks pretty close to a donation system.

Have you considered using the $10,000+ in the clan's PayPal rather than attempting to siphon free labor from people?

Hidden
7 minutes ago, LilyShiro said:

There is publicly available IPS plugins that most likely do exactly what you are looking for, and I found one within seconds on google that looks pretty close to a donation system.

Have you considered using the $10,000+ in the clan's PayPal rather than attempting to siphon free labor from people?

There was another thread that I do not see anymore, but yes, he has.  He might also be aiming for something more custom; I'm also not sure if the ones you were looking at used IPS 4 API.

I think it's okay to advertise that you're looking for a skill set.  They can work out the details later should anyone be interested.  We've seen lots of talent visiting the forums.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Hidden
3 minutes ago, Joshy said:

There was another thread that I do not see anymore, but yes, he has.  He might also be aiming for something more custom; I'm also not sure if the ones you were looking at used IPS 4 API.

I think it's okay to advertise that you're looking for a skill set.  They can work out the details later should anyone be interested.  We've seen lots of talent visiting the forums.

It's okay, in the sense some people do it for fun, but if you step back and look at it from a top view, you can see that a lot of people do work for free because of expectation/social pressure from peers. Just how many admins on GFL hop on "as their job" and not because they want to play? Or, better yet, notice how there is "activity requirements" for "volunteer" admin positions? Social pressure...

Asking for people to code for free is frankly pretty messed up considering how much of this community is easily pressured children. (GFL's own data states that 70% of the community is in highschool)

Also, "they can work out the details" -- as if GFL would ever pay. Originally back in 2019, GFL was reluctant to pay even $20 for an add-on for their TTT server, and still is as of April 2020 when I asked a server manager about add-ons...

Hidden
6 minutes ago, LilyShiro said:

admins on GFL hop on "as their job" and not because they want to play? Or, better yet, notice how there is "activity requirements" for "volunteer" admin positions? Social pressure...

Its not a job no one ever said it was a job (if people say its a job then welp), your helping out your "volunteering" BUT we have activity requirements bc some people only want positions just bc,  yes we want people to volunteer but we also want them to be an admin for a reason not just cuz "i want power" I wanna abuse" " or if there toxic" blah blah blah if we just said yes we want people to help out and we get a bunch of people and those people arent taking it seriously like talking shit to kids, not making the game fun. abusing then whats the point, so it makes sense that theres a requirement and all that, Also if you read one of Roys post (cant find it or I would sent it) he said he would wanna turn this community into a learning thing for Developers or whatever, ( not those specific words) and he would wanna help people if they wanna get into the technical side of things as a career so No hes not "siphoning" for free labor if anything hes making it "educational" or a learning thing.  Feel free to hide this mods, as I know its for Roy.

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg