TheClassyBandit

Completely wrecked

Posted  Edited by TheClassyBandit

But still the steam apps would still need to be reinstalled, correct?

Or I can just back them up. 

Edited by TheClassyBandit

Ex TTT 24/7 Minecraft Admin.

Is Pretty Classy Too.

pyros.png.80bfa2fe08c28c8e48c94bc69e9b0f2a.png

Yeah I don't even have a USB drive large enough to hold my steam folder. But thanks guys, you've been a real help. Probably more help than support was, since they waneed to call me back before they closed to help me with putting the user back on. (They never did)

Is Pretty Classy Too.

You will still be able to access old folders once a new install is on through folder hunts once you do it, it will ask about deleting old and starting all anew or just making a folder called windows old 001

Achievements

Posted  Edited by TheClassyBandit

Well it came to factory reseting he computer. So that's what I did. The only thing left to do is add the old user. How do I do that? Do I just put the user into the user folder?

Because if that's how im supposed to do it then that will save me about 90% of the problems im facing.

Edited by TheClassyBandit

Is Pretty Classy Too.

Nah, it didn't work. But I was advised to just transfer over what I could/what I wanted. Since most of the things I have need to be downloaded (steam games, office, etc) I'll just go the long way.

Is Pretty Classy Too.

So I cannot get you your old user

I can get you all old files (if they are still on your computer)

If they are you would go to file explorer, this PC, C:drive, at the bottom you should see windows, and windows.old, open old then you should see users, your old one should be there still, go into it, and then it's alot of digging 

Achievements

Actually, I got off from Norton Support (my subscription was not working), and they found out that the problem with my computer is beyond me. Most of the drivers are not running, either I could do I myself, or I could take it into a support team (Like the Geek Sqaud at Best Buy) and have them fix it, which is what I think I'll do. But I do have a family member who does IT work, so I'm gonna talk to him first.

Is Pretty Classy Too.

My issue was resolved. Talked to my uncle who does IT and he told me to update windows, uninstall any conflicting programs (anything left behind from the wipe), restart the PC, and now everything is working. I just need to reinstall all of my games since I didn't have a USB drive that could hold 150 same GB of data. :(

Overall thanks to @The_Mad_Hatter and @xXCrusherXxFTW for helping me with this, since your help narrowed down what the overall problem actually was. (I still don't know but it's gone.)

Is Pretty Classy Too.

Very true, I got Gmod installed, along with my addons, so I'll be on tonight.

I also learned a very valuable lesson, only download the games that you play, the total amount space I had for games was over 200 GB. Now I got like 60GB (some games are huge)

Is Pretty Classy Too.