Mr.PoopyButtHole's TTT MC 24/7 Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): | PenisFlyTrap |

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:94506651

Admin that banned you: Roger Gunshot

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): 1 day ban

Why should you be unbanned?

First off i reviewed the rules changing my name to George Floyd does not break any rules as I did not say or use the word in a offensive or racist manner neither did I intend too. I was banned almost Immediately after changing my name. The reason for ban says i intended to cause controversy and that I was already kicked and warned even though neither of those are true...... The only staff who has done anything about me using that name is Law and he never warned or kicked me he just changed it automatically when I would join as that name. Every time my name has been changed I ask for a reason on why it was changed and i get ignored. If i was warned or told there were consequences I would of definitely not used that name. Roger also claimed I changed my name to cause controversy but I rarely use my mic and chat other than binds/calling KOS's other than that I have never communicated with Roger before so I see 0 reason he should be speculating my intentions.......

-You wont find any warnings regarding the George Floyd name from previous occasions only times i used it was twice yesterday and this time which resulted in ban.

-0 video evidence is gonna be provided by staff because there is none 

-If needed i can go in chat logs and pull the lines from yesterday right after Law changed my name so it was not George Floyd showing they completely ignored me when i asked about it nor give any verbal warning/threat to ban.

I see no reason I should of been banned this is honestly a waste of time this could of been handled way quicker if all they said was to not use that name.

- PenisFlyTrap   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have changed your name 3 times so basically that is like 3 warnings. You also kept on changing your name back to George Floyd after me changing your name many times you would probably get a hint to not change it to that again. Changing your name to George Floyd is very stupid and sounds like you want to cause trouble because of what is happening in the real world right now.
You have also said in chat the words "I can't breathe."
Why would you change your name to George Floyd anyway?

If I had the power to I would deny your appeal.

unknown.png.3804adb81bcedc6c6c564f1dc9fcbf01.png

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Roger Gunshot

First off, this is a conversation among staff that we had concerning the name

image.png.d4d33301eb794ee3ab0c8371330fa236.png

Second, the !motd states that names must be appropriate. The name George Floyd is NOT appropriate due to the racial sensitivity surrounding it, and the polarizing nature of all viewpoints involved.

Gmod is NOT the place for politics or issues such as that to be brought to. We're here to escape from the real world and all its bullshit. Not bring it into the game and cause issues among members who feel strongly enough about their opinions to give voice to it, and then cause a whole host of other issues including trolling, flaming, toxicity, harassment, racism, and the like. You KNOW that it is a tense issue, and you still continue to use it as your name despite the warnings and despite you actually admitting to having it changed several times. That alone should have told you that it is not appropriate nor allowed. Had you listened to those, we wouldn't be having this issue right now. THAT is the reason for the ban. I'll leave the decision up to a senior admin and won't make a request either way.

Edited by Roger Gunshot

image.thumb.png.2ef4bb5d1eba87658f3aa07bcdc16760.png

Signature by @Auralanity

Posted  Edited by Mr.PoopyButtHole

I assumed you changed my name because you personally didn't agree with me using it (That's why I waited for you to get off to use that name). Example with my spray some staff tell me they rather me remove/change it or i will be punished and some don't care at all, When i changed my name not gonna say the name of which staff unless its necessary but they thought it was funny so how the hell am i supposed to know your intentions if you don't explain your reasoning. At no point did either of you tell me to change the name even after i constantly asked so i cant consider that a "hint".  I don't consider George Floyd a sensitive topic anymore as it was like 2-3 months ago the current view on the matter has become much bigger than just George Floyd.

A appropriate name is not appropriate when its used in a inappropriate manner I never did/intend/cause chaos on the server with the name nor was i being vulgar with the name considering every time i joined with that name it was changed almost instantly.  you cant use that to justify banning me without verbal/system warns over a rule that's enforced by a staff members opinion.

The cant breath comment i don't even think i had my name as that at that time someone said George Floyd in there mic and I typed I c a n t b r e a t h in chat.

i assume staff record? please input video/picture of that in the thread really would make things easier for you! (unless you guys want me to try and find it in my chat logs)

Edited by Mr.PoopyButtHole

Your ban has expired. Please refrain from using controversial names and listen to admins, especially if they have warned you multiple times. It was stated in our !motd that you will be banned if you refuse to listen after being kicked. With that said, I hope you learn from this experience and have fun playing in the server.

Achievements