Masonbmason

Masonbmason's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): Dingus

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:82006419

Admin that banned you: Console ban by source sleuth?

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): server ban

Why should you be unbanned?

I was banned for having duplicate accounts, something I was unaware was an issue. The account whose steam ID is attached to this form is my main account, and I would be very thankful if this account could be unbanned, while the other account(s) remained banned. Again, I was unaware this was an issue, and the ban happened last year, so I have little clue as to the circumstances of why I was using other account(s). If I am indeed unbanned, I can assure this will not happen again. Thank you for your time. 

Was the recent account your alt/duplicate account? Also, yes, seems your main was banned in October for duplicate account as well.

2 hours ago, Dini said:

Was the recent account your alt/duplicate account? Also, yes, seems your main was banned in October for duplicate account as well.

Yes, I recently tried to connect with another account that I had been using since i updated windows, but was banned there too and realized I wasn't on my main.

Hi. There was a permanent ban that was issued on an account in 2017 for cheating on our servers. This ban matches your IP, both on the ban in October of last year and more recently your alt. 

Do you have any idea how the ban in 2017 might have happened? That is, could you give me some form of peace of mind that this in fact wasn't you?

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)

4 hours ago, FrenZy said:

Hi. There was a permanent ban that was issued on an account in 2017 for cheating on our servers. This ban matches your IP, both on the ban in October of last year and more recently your alt. 

Do you have any idea how the ban in 2017 might have happened? That is, could you give me some form of peace of mind that this in fact wasn't you?

Apologies, I was unaware there was a cheating ban on another account. Truth be told, around that time I was messing with free cheats, but I can't think of any reason I would have used them in a surf server. Regardless, it's been 3 years and a long time since I've touched anything like that, and just want to surf legitimately. Totally understand if the ban remains, thanks for your time

The original ban for cheating 3 years ago was on our 1v1 arena server, which seems to match your story. Considering the time spent since then and the fact that you were honest about it, I'll go ahead and remove the IP ban. 

Be warned that if you're banned for cheating again, an unban is never going to happen. 

Thanks. Message me if you have any questions about this. 

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)