The Kitteh

GFL Store Bug?

Posted  Edited by The Kitteh

Hey there, just joined and had a ton of points banked, so I was messing around with the various options and found that Unusual Effect as well as the "Name Colors" option don't seem to change anything?

Anyone know what's up with that? Or possibly, i'm just doing something wrong?

Update:

As pyro, the unusual effect doesn't apply for some reason. But as engineer, it does? Weird. Still haven't figured out the name color thing, either.

Edited by The Kitteh

As discuss on the server, the store unusual effects may be outdated that may not be able to use on cosmetic items from 2019+, I going to see if I can update the list when I get the chance

Achievements

Thanks for checking on this for me! I mentioned that I could try and find out which hats break the effects, and list them here for you if that would be helpful? I don't have a TON of hats for other classes outside of Pyro though I have a decent amount for pyro. Mostly older stuff though. I did find a couple items that weren't from the 2019 winter set that also broke the effect, so I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason is to it.

Posted  Edited by The Kitteh

Okay, so here's the results of my research!

The first thing I noticed was that... oddly enough, ALL default heads (I.E. no cosmetic hat equipped) cause the unusual effect to go away. This may be by design, as the game/plugin/etc. sees no object to "attach" the effect to, and thus thinks there's no "hat" to have an effect for... but a lot of the default classes do wear hats. And, if someone were to quip, say... A sniper with The Chronomancer, Golden Gambit, and Triggerman's Tacticals, this is a "fully cosmetic'd" loadout yet because there's nothing replacing the default sniper hat, the unusual effect won't apply. As for all the cosmetics I checked, here's what I found.

ALL of the Winter 2019 cosmetic items I have with the exception of Pocket Medes caused the unusual effect to disappear. These are the items I tested with:

Bumble Beenie
Globetrotter
Bat Hat
Winter Wrap Up
Spiky Viking

That being said, the one Summer 2019 cosmetic I have, the Backbreaker's Guards, didn't trigger this. Nor did any other semi-recent cosmetics. In fact, the only other cosmetic that I could get to trigger this was the Strange Haunted Tiny Texan that I've got.

Long story short, aside from the winter 2019 items, I think the default heads not triggering the unusual effect is the cause of the problem. It can make other cosmetics appear to "break it" even though they technically aren't. They simply aren't replacing/using the "hat attachment point" (I haven't experiencing modding/editing the game so I'm unfamiliar with the specific technical terms here, though I'm experienced with game design and coding in general.)

Also, as a side note, the text name colors now work! Not sure if it was just a glitch and server needed reset or if you fixed it, but thank you for your help through this nonetheless!

Edited by The Kitteh

Yes, I was doing some test today as well seeing what was causing the unusual not attaching to the hats itself. I went far as buying some normal hats from the market (some hats from 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, and 2015 all scouts and just try testing one by one to see which one works and which didn't. After doing some test, I can say that None of the hats didn't work with the unusual effect from the store exempt a hat I have that was released from 2010 called Modest Pile of Hat and Max's Severed Head, that doesn't even have unusual effect in the wiki. Once I notice after equipping and equipping, I notice I had to rejoin the server in order to change the unusual effect, which it was annoying to do. Now this is just my theory saying that I believe any hat before 2010 can he used with the store. But I didn't have much time to look into a fix for the store unusual effect. As far with the Name Colors. I was able to find out why there's is another plugin that was messing with the colors that we use for our tags like "[Player], , And [VipCustomTag]. after doing a quick reload with the plugin, I was able to get the Name Colors working again, but I'm doing some test on our Test Server to see if the server does Map reload, it doesn't break the store Name Color again.   

Edit: I feel like my theory is a flaw lul

Achievements

So you're saying that Modest Pile of Hat didn't work for you? The unusual effect didn't apply to it?

If so, that's super weird, because I tried it with all of my hats from that series: Modest Pile, Noble Assortment, and Towering Pillar, and it worked with all three. I did most of my testing on scout, as it's simply the first class in the list. So I cannot rule out the class variable - if unusuals apply to a specific hat on one class, but not on another. After I tested all the Scout-specific cosmetics as well as all my multi-class cosmetics, I only did class-specific cosmetics with the rest of the classes.

1 hour ago, The Kitteh said:

So you're saying that Modest Pile of Hat didn't work for you? The unusual effect didn't apply to it?

No It did work, I was just saying the other hats I tried didn't work other than Modest Pile of Hats and Max head

Achievements

55 minutes ago, Coven said:

No It did work, I was just saying the other hats I tried didn't work other than Modest Pile of Hats and Max head

Ohh, huh, weird. Were they hat-hats? Or just various cosmetics? Like in my other post, Ithink the default head slot being unoccupied is a big part of it. So glasses, masks, scarves, and clothes etc. all technically work they just don't get rid of the "default hat" which breaks it.