Bloopers

Bloopers's TTT Rotation Mute/Ban Appeal

Name: Bloopers

Steam ID (or steam profile link): STEAM_0:1:83812714

Banned by: Duck.

Ban Reason: "Telling people to kill themselves"

Why should you be unbanned

I'd like people to set aside their biased opinions of me, and take into consideration all that I say. 

I'm not sure why a Discord matter was handled both in the Discord and in-game. It was an occurrence that happened in the Discord and stayed in the Discord. I've had an ongoing problem with a certain member and it got to the point where staff weren't doing anything about them harassing me in-game, so I took it to Discord. I joined the voice chat that they were in at the time and proceeded to tell them to hang them self. Yes, I will admit what I said, but I don't feel it should have been punishable through the server itself. You don't ban someone from the Discord if they take care of a matter that spiraled from the Discord and led to an in-game server; it makes zero sense. 

Yes, I have had multiple communication bans. I tend to control myself to the point where I know I can get into serious trouble, hence why I took matters to the Discord where I was well aware of the possible outcome of my actions. Regardless of where an incident started, it shouldn't be dealt with outside of the problem area. I did nothing wrong in-game, and will only be requesting an unban from GFL servers, not the Discord. There have been other occurrences that happen in either the Discord or the server, but are always dealt with in their appropriate environment. 

Posted  Edited by Duck.
1 hour ago, Bloopers said:

I've had an ongoing problem with a certain member and it got to the point where staff weren't doing anything about them harassing me in-game, so I took it to Discord

If it was an in game thing (Which was being dealt with with an admin PMing both of you to stop) then why continue it in Discord? That is why you were banned in game, as you carried the in game argument over because you can't use Voice Chat as you've been permanently muted because of your toxicity. You've had many warnings about it both in game and Discord. So how is it not both a server and a Discord issue? Also the other user did stop, you ended up wanting to continue it in Discord despite being told to stop in game. So it is both an in game and discord issue.

I'd also like to point out you seem to take pride in telling the dude to hang himself. You haven't offered an apology and even said you did it knowing the consequences.

Edited by Duck.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bloopers

The extent of this situation was like no other. I've never directly insulted someone in an attempt to get them to leave me alone. And no, it wasn't dealt with in-game, since this person continued to harass me even after I messaged in admin chat. Even after me joining the Discord VC, the harassment continued and nothing was done. There is no "pride" being taken in what I said. I also will only apologize if it is completely necessary. Considering this person has been bothering me at random times within the past year, I just can't see ME apologizing to THEM. 

Yes, it is a server and Discord issue, but the incident happened in Discord. Notice why there are Discord moderators separately from in-game staff? That's because Discord incidents and in-game incidents are two different things. There was nothing that I did in-game that constituted a permanent ban. There is nothing in the rules that states something along the lines of you being able to be punished through more than one platform depending on the rule that is broken and/or where it happened. You get the corresponding punishment to the corresponding incident on the corresponding platform.

Edited by Bloopers

[20:54:23] Bloopers to admins: Can someone tell Short to fuck off

[20:54:24] ◣Bunny_Fany◥: i blame volk

[20:54:28] Volk: Yes

[20:54:30] Bloopers to admins: He's literally been harassing me for rounds straight

[20:54:34] Alexis to Short Stack: stop harassing him

[20:54:34] (SILENT) Alexis to Short Stack: stop harassing him

After that it stopped. No other chat logs support your claim that he continued, in fact he left shortly after after you killed him and then said LOL right after he left.

It was you that took an in game argument over to Discord and took it way too far. You already knew you were on a very short leash due to your past toxicity. Due to you carrying the argument from in game to discord, you were punished in both.

Achievements

It makes absolutely no sense that the only thing I did in-game was "argue". The message of me messaging admins was after I had joined the Discord. I din't join the Discord after they left the game. That literally makes no sense. The whole reason I even joined the Discord was because of something they had said in-game. I still don't think you understand that the rule broken was on the Discord server, not on the GMod server. What I said is not allowed in either location, but it was only said in one. You continuing to justify your punishment for the reason being "well this is where it started", literally makes no sense. Trying to find a way to ban me on the server by using an occurrence that didn't even happen on it, is an attempt that just won't work. Catch me  saying something like that on the actual GMod server (which you won't), and you can ban me with actual cause.

Bottom line: I did literally nothing wrong on TTT Rotation itself within the time of this whole incident. 

If the argument is started on the server and then is stopped by an admin then you carry it on to the discord then it does matter. You were both arguing on the server, it was sorted, then you carried it over. So you were banned on both.

You used Discord to continue an argument that had been sorted out on the server already. As chat logs can see. And let's be honest. The only reason why you didn't tell him to kill himself on the server is because you're permanently muted due to a huge amount of toxicity. Otherwise you would have done it.

[20:54:23] Bloopers to admins: Can someone tell Short to fuck off

[20:54:24] ◣Bunny_Fany◥: i blame volk

[20:54:28] Volk: Yes

[20:54:30] Bloopers to admins: He's literally been harassing me for rounds straight

[20:54:34] Alexis to Short Stack: stop harassing him

[20:54:34] (SILENT) Alexis to Short Stack: stop harassing him

Again so you can see. It was sorted 10 secs after your first message about it.

Achievements

Reposting the logs of the admin chat message proves literally nothing. Do you have logs from when I joined the Discord server? Do you have logs from when there was a problem that first sparked? No, you don't. I did NOT continue an argument after it was "resolved". They were still on the server after I had left the Discord voice chat. Unless you have evidence of all of this, then your current "proof" provides nothing. If your only argument is that I carried it to Discord after it was resolved, that's just not true. It was brought to Discord before it was "resolved". 

Hey there, I will be removing this ban. However, I will add a permanent mute on you (due to your history of being toxic + you trying to loophole your current voice punishment).

You can appeal your mute in 30 (thirty) days from now.

Cheers!

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png